Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA 8man HM/Nm

clutchmrchurch
03.13.2012 , 06:53 PM | #1
is it just me or does the difference from normal to HM/NM on his lightning ball dmg insanly overpowered? i know that his aoe is reduced from pylons during the jump phase but is there a way to nerf the dmg from the lightning balls? they shouldnt be doing 90% of our raids health when were almost full rakata, he is the only thing holding us back from full clear, i know sage bubble helps but there should be something else WTB Dmg nerf on lightning balls
GM of Sith Hunters Republic Server's Top PVE Guild 5/5 HM EV 5/5 KP N

Montybrython
03.13.2012 , 07:02 PM | #2
Boss is already far too easy. If you are incapable of killing it on NM that might mean you are just a hard mode guild. Nothing wrong with that but you can't nerf the top level content when it is already far too easy for 90% of guilds.
Proud PERList and supporter of http://www.ffrf.org/

Mastercraft Mandalorian

Inzi
03.13.2012 , 07:05 PM | #3
Ummmm based on the way you worded a few things...

1) If you're getting the massive aoe after a transition, you're not doing the transition properly. You should only get that if you mess up.

2) Are you stacking to eat the balls??????????
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Nessirin
03.14.2012 , 12:21 AM | #4
You have to be fast about eating the lightning balls. If you allow its "ranged" attack to tick on you more than once, you're probably going to die.

From time to time my guild experienced a double damage tick on the explosion, but that's about the only part that was odd with them. Our problem was him deciding to despawn 80% of the time even after the so called "fix" to the mind traps.

Bring a sorceror, the bubble makes the lightning balls a lot easier.
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow

Seanimus
03.14.2012 , 12:28 AM | #5
warriors can charge it

sins can immune it

mercs use their dmg reduction shield

sorcs force speed into it (make sure to stand still after hitting)

PTs can grip it to them? (i think)

snipers have dmg reduction, as do OPs, but they don't get any type of speed buff so they must run in a straight line to the ball, without dilly dallying and not committing or backpeddlin away and getting zapped (or standing still)

it's really important whoever is targeted is topped off and sorc bubbled beforehand, if the ball target is low and will die even if they take 0 zaps, they need to kite it until healed

and it's very important to explode your ball as fast as possible

and lastly, all classes should use their health potion immediately after exploding a ball, just incase they get tossed up in the air, healers need to be healing the ball people the second they explode it as well

Roxinius
03.14.2012 , 12:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seanimus View Post
warriors can charge it

sins can immune it

mercs use their dmg reduction shield

sorcs force speed into it (make sure to stand still after hitting)

PTs can grip it to them? (i think)

snipers have dmg reduction, as do OPs, but they don't get any type of speed buff so they must run in a straight line to the ball, without dilly dallying and not committing or backpeddlin away and getting zapped (or standing still)

it's really important whoever is targeted is topped off and sorc bubbled beforehand, if the ball target is low and will die even if they take 0 zaps, they need to kite it until healed

and it's very important to explode your ball as fast as possible

and lastly, all classes should use their health potion immediately after exploding a ball, just incase they get tossed up in the air, healers need to be healing the ball people the second they explode it as well
seeing as they dont always target cant be charged sorcs should never force speed into them it makes them take the ball dmg 2 times stop giving people terrible info

Seanimus
03.14.2012 , 01:13 AM | #7
lol ok except I force speed everytime and never take this "double damage" you speak of and also haven't died to a ball in 2 months

but ok pro, we one shot soa on NM every week and clear all content in less then 2 hours and my post is completely legit filled with useful information so

u bad

anstalt
03.14.2012 , 05:08 AM | #8
The lightning balls are a pure tactics issue. My guild is currently struggling with it, we find that a single slow person in the raid can often mean a wipe as a ball will drift in to the rest of the group and kill everyone.

However, once people get used to running in to the balls asap, it should be doable.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Aritok
03.14.2012 , 06:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
The lightning balls are a pure tactics issue. My guild is currently struggling with it, we find that a single slow person in the raid can often mean a wipe as a ball will drift in to the rest of the group and kill everyone.

However, once people get used to running in to the balls asap, it should be doable.
Can only agree to it. We have as well a problem with the ball lightnings on a 8 ppl soa.

But not because the Ball Lightnings are to hard, or hitting to high. Its just there is always someone who is not smart enough and pulling the Balls right into the raid. Or waiting to long and dancing around, getting hit by one tick after another.

This, combined with some bad luck (top of the list was despawn at 3%) that can always happen on this event, means endless, boring wipes on Soa.

Entzundlich
03.14.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
Quote:

This. Once people realize what they need to do in the lightning ball phase it becomes a lot easier. It is not as scary or impossible as people think it is, just don't be stupid and don't kill your raid mates.

We are still struggling with him in HM (can clear HM Karags and 4/5 NM Ev) but that is purely an execution issue. People running into 2 balls or running it through the group or just bad luck (healer in trap and 2nd healer picked up etc). More often than not we are hitting the enrage timer, than wiping in P2 ...

The only thing they need to do is fix the actual bugs (despawning, floors, etc), including the speeder bug (my biggest pet peeve -- should drop you closer, not at Garj).

Hard fights are fun! Makes for better players