Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness nerf in 1.2

toshman
03.14.2012 , 09:32 AM | #21
darkness is a great tree at this time. its strong enough to take people on 1v1, at this time there are still couple of classes that give me trouble. certain healers BH & marauders.

marauders 1v1 will usually burn me down pretty quick. not complaining.

i originally played deception and it was great leveling, but when it came to pvp jeez that build is useless. there is no deception assn that can beat a darkness of the same gear / skill lvl. there just is no way. we have 40-43% dmg reduction. absorb & shield if need to.

nerfing darkness would make me cry a little.

fyi my assn is valor 64 at this time and i have a bit of BM gear.

aZShiftyZa
03.14.2012 , 09:47 AM | #22
Yeah, I'm also BM lvl 64. There's a good decep bm lvl 68 assassin on my server and I just LOL when he opens on me. I haven't had any issues with marauders recently...i did a lot of marauder duels to figure out their mechanics outside of wzs b/c they always have healers or help... they still give me problems but I can take them in a 1v1 most of the time...just save electrocute for there cooldowns and forceshroud after their first rotation...they get pretty easy.

I would really like to play deception but it's really not viable at this point when I can get more dmg done (b/c I stay alive) in warzones, more healing, more protection, more utility...darkness at this point is the only PVP build that encompasses everything. Sure deception can burn down a sorc healer (if guard isn't up) but isn't going to kill a merc healer (if he's got half a brain) and same with Madness the other trees at this point aren't geared for PVP near as well as darkness and that's a little sad to me.

Tamanous
03.14.2012 , 09:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by toshman View Post

nerfing darkness would make me cry a little.
If you read further in the interviews you would have noticed that their attention isn't to just limiting tank damage but to making tanks more tank-like too. If you are playing a tank to dps down things you hold onto improper expectations.

I haven't heard confirmation of changes to tank design in general but one angle to make sure they wear tank gear is the emphasis on Accuracy and some re-itemization in 1.2. Pure dps classes will likely hit harder through mitigated damage skills where shielding will be needed. The game currently has too much non-mitigated damage scaling flying about and everyone simply gearing toward it.

I have no flipping idea if Bioware's tweaks will truly change things but it certainly sounds like tanks are to become more tanky and less spanky. This will only annoy the players playing a tank as a dps class.

Mrdiguinn
03.14.2012 , 10:58 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
yea a tanky assasin critting me with shock for 4k and a simultaneous1.7~ is cool

glad assasins spells hit harer than sorc spells ROFL

thought you guys were melee?
It's not the guys fault that you have extremely bad , terrible, horrible gear apparently.

Because by the way, even with that horrendous gear you must posess, I must tell you that you are probably exagerating. Nevertheless, you should gear up.
Is it just me or every class forum has one of the "Is it just me posts", regarding classes being underpowered? Ya, food for some troll's thoughts.

Savoifair
03.14.2012 , 11:05 AM | #25
It wont be a surprise that we get a nerf, I cant wait to see what is in store for assassins in 1.2......

1.2 the faith of SWTOR!!!

nToxiK
03.14.2012 , 11:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I think 300k damage 100k protection 75k healing is nuts. We should be able to do the protection and healing but the damage i can put out is nuts. I can get FL with 3 stacks of HD do 6k damage followed by 4k chain shock with popping cool downs and trinkets.

Yes a change that would make sense is making our tanking stats worth wile in PVP. Right now it only makes sense to use dps gear.
High damage doesn't also mean effective damage, especially in regards to PvP. The player may have a lot of damage from AoE but a low number of kills as well.

Anelyn
03.14.2012 , 11:22 AM | #27
Sin / shadow tank specs will see changes most likely, personally I'd opt for all defensive CDs reduce damage dealt by 50% for tank specs for duration, so you actually serve the role of a tank and not a nigh-unkillable killing machine. That's why you picked tank role, to survive more, not to melt faces even without support because you put out similar numbers with greater defenses and self healing on top of that.

Give tanks more utility, rework defensive CDs, rework shielding, but they need to lose some damage (especially burst sequences).

darkenwolf
03.14.2012 , 11:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by nToxiK View Post
High damage doesn't also mean effective damage, especially in regards to PvP. The player may have a lot of damage from AoE but a low number of kills as well.
I find kills to death blows, in relation to damage done, to be a fairly decent (but not great - none of them are great) indicator.

I've seen people with 300k-400k damage done, 51 kills, and 6 death blows. That, to me, is highly inefficient damage - and a big reason why looking at damage done alone is a measure of nothing.

The closer your Kills to Death Blows ratio gets to 2:1, the more impressed I am with your performance, especially if Damage Done is 250k or less. It is far more likely you focused down specific targets rather than spam damaging everywhere and diluting your effectiveness for big numbers.

the_coaltrain
03.14.2012 , 11:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrdiguinn View Post
It's not the guys fault that you have extremely bad , terrible, horrible gear apparently.

Because by the way, even with that horrendous gear you must posess, I must tell you that you are probably exagerating. Nevertheless, you should gear up.
I can vouch for better numbers than that. On my server one partially geared BM shadow "stank" spec could destroy me as pyro. I'd say you're looking at roughly 390 expertise vs upper 500's maybe. With his CD's up, I saw him take 2% dmg and he took me for 100% and I too used CDs. His projects were hitting for 4.5k followed by the instant around 1.5 to 2.5k. This happened more than once in duels and plenty in WZ's. I just avoid him. I slow him when I can if he's holding the ball.

But ... mostly your statement lashing out at the other person is not necessarily valid. I have seen those numbers pretty decent gear vs better yes, but he margin was not that wide to validate hitting so hard in a tank spec which btw is what the complaint is all about. Maybe you sir are the horrible player that's not geared for not being able to see the numbers that the previous person is coming up with.
- Level 50 Battlemaster Vanguard

LordbishopX
03.14.2012 , 11:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by nToxiK View Post
The way the game works is stay alive and the more peeps you touch your kill count and damage skyrockets so AOE and dot spammers top the wz boards for the most part.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀}╠╬[<BishopX>]╬╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀