Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness nerf in 1.2

-Vox
03.13.2012 , 08:14 PM | #11
lol...

Can we get a REAL source for this supposed nerf?

Just my 2 cents - its not the Darkness spec'ed assassin's DPS ppl should fear, bc we DONT do a lot of DPS....

What ppl are really ************ and crying about is our survivability. Since they actually fixed Harness Darkness and Wither to actually proc the stack appropriately - yes, i can beat anyone 1 on 1.

I have mostly cent. armor, w some champ gear, and a BM staff.

I know how to play it well, use my force pull and fry a noob up in Huttball.

I actually think this thread is a troll, bc of the "source" link lol. And the FACT that Darkness assassins in DPS gear just do not put out the damage that ppl think we do....

The only class that gives me trouble 1 v 1 is an Operative. They seem to just dump the dps on ppls faces....

And another thing, if we did soooooo much dps that we need to be nerfed....why is it i cannot kill a healer when he just heals himself?

If he tries to dps me down, he will lose.

Otherwise, all im doing is just harassing him to the point that he wont heal others as much. We cannot effectively kill, at will, a healer.....

Go nerf yo self!

outsidermatt
03.13.2012 , 08:16 PM | #12
This thread is a perfect example of why Bioware should ignore nerf/buff calls on the forums.

despised
03.13.2012 , 08:19 PM | #13
If you don't think tanks should do the lower damage they do then nerf healers also....they should only be able to heal and not do damage on top of it as well right?

cycao
03.13.2012 , 08:20 PM | #14
I think 300k damage 100k protection 75k healing is nuts. We should be able to do the protection and healing but the damage i can put out is nuts. I can get FL with 3 stacks of HD do 6k damage followed by 4k chain shock with popping cool downs and trinkets.

Yes a change that would make sense is making our tanking stats worth wile in PVP. Right now it only makes sense to use dps gear.

Ythera
03.13.2012 , 08:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by outsidermatt View Post
This thread is a perfect example of why Bioware should ignore nerf/buff calls on the forums.
Especially considering the fact that they removed combat logs to "protect players from being elitist", when in fact, if they are raiding, we NEED to know how well our team members are doing and seeing how much DPS specs are REALLY doing, not just going by the stupid community whining.
Life can either be your slave or your master; it's up to you to decide which one.

Astarica
03.13.2012 , 10:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AncientForce View Post
That's if we build three stacks of HD and pop CD/adrenal/relic. You are not taking into account that sorc can cast one then cast another back to back. The damage is different and the set up is different. Sorc gets way more control. Why not use it to set up back to back FL instead of crying about tankassins FL that takes several globals to set up properly and can be interrupted with CC or knockback or pull. People need to learn how to play better instead of crying nerf this and that. Show me 1 good player that rolls people of any class and I will show you 20 o the same class/spec that suck. It's the player. Just a couple weeks everyone was saying how gimp darkness was. Now it is all of a sudden OP when nothing has changed.
Um no... the reason is because we have far more armor than they do so trading the identical spell, even with only 1 stack of HD (to avoid interrupt/pushback), is always greatly in favor of the Assassin.

Xancath
03.14.2012 , 08:15 AM | #17
"Oh America, I could never leave you, you amuse me. You're like my dog, dumb as a post, but you make me laugh." -Bill Maher

Katahn
03.14.2012 , 09:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I think 300k damage 100k protection 75k healing is nuts. We should be able to do the protection and healing but the damage i can put out is nuts. I can get FL with 3 stacks of HD do 6k damage followed by 4k chain shock with popping cool downs and trinkets.

Yes a change that would make sense is making our tanking stats worth wile in PVP. Right now it only makes sense to use dps gear.
Perhaps, but how much time did it take to get that 300k damage? If assassin tanks in pvp are racking up those kind of numbers is it because they are dealing masive damage over a short period (high dps) or low damage over a larger number of targets and/or longer amount of time (low dps)?

Character A does 10k damage over 10 seconds and dies = 1k dps.
Character B does 20k dmage over 40 seconds and dies = 500 dps.

Character B did "more damage" only because it took them 4x as much time to get killed as character A. If this is the basic cause of a tank seeing high damage numbers, then it really isn't a problem is it?
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

aZShiftyZa
03.14.2012 , 09:22 AM | #19
I love playing a deception assassin but right now darkness is so OP compared to it. No I can't burn down a healer but in my stalker gear with dark charge I can take anyone, any class. I do plenty of dmg and with relic, recklessness, and adrenal I can make short work of people...usually all while force shroud is up making me immune to most attacks. I'm for a darkness nerf but there needs to be a deception buff b/c right now deception is way too squishy. There really is no downside to going darkness other than it's a little boring...not near as bad as tracer missle spamming but it's pretty easy to play.

Poe_
03.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xancath View Post
Troll much?
"I'm drinkin' good Bourbon, screw the Force."
Bulleit (Commando)
Makers (Guard)
Pappy'vanwinkle (Gunslinger)