Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness nerf in 1.2

Xancath
03.13.2012 , 06:25 PM | #1
"...one of our concerns regarding pvp are players utilizing tanking trees in dps gear and the damage they're capable of putting out"

source

Astarica
03.13.2012 , 06:31 PM | #2
If you're at all good at your class it's hard to imagine the Darkness dominace continue.

I wouldn't be surprised if they slap on a 50% damage reduction modifier while in Dark Charge (and +200% aggro).

outsidermatt
03.13.2012 , 06:58 PM | #3
Yellow, white and red as the color scheme for our War Hero gear? C'mon BW, you can do better than that.

Though I guess I shouldn't complain, as it looks better than our Cent/Champ stuff.

wwkingms
03.13.2012 , 07:04 PM | #4
yea a tanky assasin critting me with shock for 4k and a simultaneous1.7~ is cool

glad assasins spells hit harer than sorc spells ROFL

thought you guys were melee?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

AncientForce
03.13.2012 , 07:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
yea a tanky assasin critting me with shock for 4k and a simultaneous1.7~ is cool

Exaggerate much? I am one of such tacky assassins in tank gear with dps mods (BM). With adrenal/relic/stim/CD the highest crit I've ever put out on an ungeared scrub is around 2700 followed by the once in a while 50% additional one. It will not hit this hard on anyone with a decent amount of expertise. I'm pretty well known as one of the few tankassins on my server that do well. (Infdel-Dark Reaper). Most damage I've done in a wz is a little over 450k. That was void star in a premade with heals on me for max uptime. Breaking 300k is not uncommon if I am going for damage but I normally play for objectives so it's around 250k normally. This is not crazy. In dps gear, I trade around 5k hp and the crappy survivability tank stats offer in pvp for being able to put out enough damage to kill sOmeone.

Tankassins are great if played well but there aren't many to begin with and even fewer played well.

cycao
03.13.2012 , 07:29 PM | #6
Yeah I have been seeing this coming for a long time coming. Now I want to see what they plan on doing with deception, as of now darkness is the only spec worth using. A buff is needed for deception maybe a higher armor rating with surging charge or something they are so darn squishy, I destroy deceptions 1v1 its sad I should not out DPS a DPS.

Astarica
03.13.2012 , 07:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post

One of the really funny thing is that our Force Lightning hits a Sorcerer MUCH harder than their identical spell hits us as a 'tank'. It's not inherently overpowered but it's certainly not something that seems intuitive.

outsidermatt
03.13.2012 , 07:41 PM | #8
The source quoted in the original post is also proof that resolve is still broken in 1.2. Am I the only one who noticed the Assassin get chain knockdowned about 30 times in a row?

Migrayn
03.13.2012 , 07:58 PM | #9
if they want to push pekple.not.to use all dps.mods to tank with, then make tank mods usefull. Make shields capable of blocking all or.at least most attacks. Its not like you will take 0 damage, but allowing shield or defence to actually matter would.help push people to use them.

Change guard to let your shield.and defence stat to forward to your guard target. Dont do a flat 50% split. This wil mean tanks mods and stats will be needed to guard effectivly. This of course will only be usefull if shield and defence.work on most attacks.

AncientForce
03.13.2012 , 08:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
One of the really funny thing is that our Force Lightning hits a Sorcerer MUCH harder than their identical spell hits us as a 'tank'. It's not inherently overpowered but it's certainly not something that seems intuitive.
That's if we build three stacks of HD and pop CD/adrenal/relic. You are not taking into account that sorc can cast one then cast another back to back. The damage is different and the set up is different. Sorc gets way more control. Why not use it to set up back to back FL instead of crying about tankassins FL that takes several globals to set up properly and can be interrupted with CC or knockback or pull. People need to learn how to play better instead of crying nerf this and that. Show me 1 good player that rolls people of any class and I will show you 20 o the same class/spec that suck. It's the player. Just a couple weeks everyone was saying how gimp darkness was. Now it is all of a sudden OP when nothing has changed.