Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing when I click "Play" Button

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crashing when I click "Play" Button

DarthAtreides
12.16.2011 , 11:22 AM | #1
I've found similar problems posted but haven't found a solution to my specific problem, so figured I'll start a new thread

The install and launcher seem to be working fine, when I click play, the launcher disapears, the screen flicks balck (like it's about to play), then I return to desktop with all SWTOR files closed out. Closed off firewalls and virus scans, but no success...

RunningWindows 7 - Intell Pentium Dual E2220 with DirectX 11 (but directx page is down so I can't see if there is a newer version)

My laptop has a much worst system and runs the game just fine... Any ideas?

ValeSunrunner
12.16.2011 , 11:23 AM | #2
update your graphics card drivers to the latest version
⌠⌡∏ŀ∏∏⋉۞⋊∐░)

General_Tavorrik
12.16.2011 , 11:26 AM | #3
Yep, I'm having the same problem, super annoying.
Make a Windows Phone Security Key App!

MookieFett
12.16.2011 , 11:26 AM | #4
same problem.

OmegaDestruction
12.16.2011 , 09:43 PM | #5
Same thing here and no help any were 3 days now cant play swtor customer service is crap

HerbieHerb
12.16.2011 , 09:57 PM | #6
Right there with ya buddy, have the EXACT same problem. Reinstalling does nothing. Formatting things internally does nothing. I'm at a loss...hoping they patch it ASAP and give us all an extra month of play for free, because the amount of issues for people is literally insane.

GreeddoFett
12.16.2011 , 10:01 PM | #7
funny, i have the same problem. For some reason it works on my, well lets just say, not so good laptop. and even then It still sometimes does not work...
There comes a time in all of our lives when we must ask ourselves, what would Brian Boitono do?