Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Quantum
03.17.2012 , 06:55 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanisSith View Post
I would count Revan above Satele Shan or Luke, Yoda is in another league.
I wouldn't put Revan above Luke, I wouldn't even put him above Anakin. Anakin was pretty much offered to replace "The Father" and become a living embodiment of balance in the Force.

bionamaster
03.18.2012 , 09:19 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeltrah View Post
Satele and Luke fought off the sith and the vong by themselves? Don't think so.

Yoda, during what we see of him in the movies, has two Sith apprentices (Darth Maul and Count Dooku) a coalition of separatist planets, and a Jedi turned Sith.

Your prejudices against Yoda are pretty apparent.

EDIT: Forgot to toss Sideous in therefor Yoda. He was only probably one of, if not the, most powerful force users of the entire star wars universe.
Well, technically, he was just cunning. He stole all his skills from Plagueis, then killed him in his sleep.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Rayla_Felana
03.18.2012 , 09:23 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanisSith View Post
I would count Revan above Satele Shan or Luke, Yoda is in another league.
Both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker have displayed more impressive feats with the force than Revan ever did.

BrandonSM
03.18.2012 , 10:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Both Satele Shan and Luke Skywalker have displayed more impressive feats with the force than Revan ever did.
Luke....the weakest Jedi Ever. I mean so many people have created a blackhole. Or so many people could teleport objects. So many people can knock down AT-AT's with a single force push.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

tornax
03.18.2012 , 10:59 AM | #45
Yoda was in his late 800's early 900's at the the time. Imagine him as a young 21 year old Jedi.
The Fifth Element
"Not all heroes carry guns"
Website

Unutterable
03.18.2012 , 01:14 PM | #46
In terms of force use, Yoda was always as strong as he needed to be to for his writers to make the main characters looks like chumps (Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Tyrannous, various Jedi vs Sideous). As far as consistently displayed power the writers seemed to like to have him as a ham-fisted deus ex machina.

In terms of quality of leadership, well he was probably one of the most awful beings to ever govern any body, military or political. I think a large part of that is tied in with how he was the canon's DM-hammer, but still, throughout the prequels and clone wars he makes some of the worst decisions possible and was likely one of the main reasons Sideous was able to play his game long enough to win.

In defense of his clone-wars decisions, however, the writers were forced to sandwich their writing into GL's abominable storytelling so they probably did not have much to work with in terms of making Yoda less of a simpleton tool.

Darth_Solrac
03.18.2012 , 06:59 PM | #47
Sidious is supposed to be the most powerful Sith in all time. Yoda may have technically lost the fight, but he went head to head with em aptly for a while.

So yea, Yoda was a deserving Grand Master.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

Lincaserus
03.19.2012 , 08:26 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Exactly... it was a trap by Sidious meant to pull Anakin over to the Darkside. Windu was a chump.
This, minus the chump part I think Windu was pretty tough

It was all planned he didn't want to beat Windu it was all staged for Anakin

Yoda was pretty badazz he just had a lot on his plate during the clone wars. I think the whole Jedi order, and the republic in general, was just so damn unprepared for the kick assedry that was Sidious. Also I feel the Jedi are at a disadvantage because their stance on politics and war puts them constantly on the defensive it seems.

He seriously P Diddy mind ****ed everyone sooooo hard

Also to those using the extended universe as arguements I say meh

Not that it's not fun or interesting or anything but it just doesn't feel the same (Boba Fett is dead get over it)

AppIequest
03.19.2012 , 10:01 PM | #49
Yoda was one of the best. But I think Yoda had given up in his fight with Palpatine. The order was destroyed, Him Obi-won and maybe a few others were the only jedi left. I think he saw no point in stopping palpatine. Perhaps he figured letting things play out to see the outcome was best. The Emperor plotted the destruction of the Republic for many years. Careful and precise events led up to the cover up of his involvement. It was entirely fool proof

Digimanbyte_ID
03.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Mongrul View Post
Grand Master Satele Shan battled the whole sith empire i guess thousands of sith warriors in armor with sith fleets attacking frequently.she manages to fight them all off.

Grand Master Luke Skywalker manages to fight off the whole yuuzhan vong invasion. probably millions of enemies.

Grand Master Yoda has 2 sith enemies. no armor, no battlecruisers to fight. the whole republic and jedi order come crumbling down on his watch.
Right and in his 800 years before that he was doing nothing? The guy was basically old.

Quote:
yes the sith traded in their armor for cloth cloaks and went from a political angle instead of brute force. but still its only 2 and one of them is right under your friggin nose. i cant comprehend it.
Part of plan that started with Palpatines masters master.

Quote:
the dark side clouds the vision. blah blah blah it appears any force user can detect another force user unless the one hiding force cloaks himself? can he manage a force cloak 24 hours a day for years?
I am guess suppression. Cause we know for a fact that one can cut the force from them. It wouldn't be hard to supress such power if you were a master of it. Hell wasn't Palagius a medoclorian (Force) master? Wouldn't Palpatine know a few tricks to hide who he was.