Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Signolias
03.16.2012 , 05:05 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
No you aren't, Golden Age of the Jedi Order is during Prequels, Grand Master Yoda was most powerful Jedi ever, till Grand Master Luke.
however the jedi are still considered even more powerful in ToR than the prequals they were still far more warriors in ToR than the movies so technically this would be the golden age of jedi fighting skill and since the sith thrive in hellish climates they continued to hone their fighting skills

even when you play a sith warrior they basically say you have the potential to be even more powerful than any other sith past or present so you can see even now the sith getting stronger while the jedi slowly get weaker

not that the jedi are jokes even bu the time of the movies

Rayla_Felana
03.16.2012 , 05:11 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Signolias View Post
however the jedi are still considered even more powerful in ToR than the prequals they were still far more warriors in ToR than the movies so technically this would be the golden age of jedi fighting skill and since the sith thrive in hellish climates they continued to hone their fighting skills

even when you play a sith warrior they basically say you have the potential to be even more powerful than any other sith past or present so you can see even now the sith getting stronger while the jedi slowly get weaker

Regardless of what you believe, the most powerful Jedi existed during the movies, it was the Order's Golden Age, before it's destruction.

Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2012 , 05:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Signolias View Post

So just because they show more jedi/sith here, then they do in the movies that means they are more powerful?....Right..
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LemmingLeader
03.17.2012 , 12:37 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylding View Post
Master Windu was betrayed by a backstabbing whiner. Who thought that little nerfherder could be dangerous?

Honestly, the only way Annie could have done that damage was with Mace's focus all on Sidious.

Poor poor Annie.
Anakin Skywalker was an accomplished Jedi and participant in the Clone Wars. He definitely had faults the way the Jedi Council saw things, but it is undeniable the accomplishments he made alongside Obi-Wan during the Clone Wars.

In lightsaber combat, there's few that could be even considered his peer or better within the Order.

If Anakin cannot be considered a danger if he's against you, then I don't know what else could be.

Stugotz
03.17.2012 , 03:52 PM | #35
They did mention that it was said that Anakin's skill with a lightsaber was near that of Master Yoda's. It hadn't been put to the test but it was a rumor I believe that Obi Wan stated during one of the movies.

"Let me guess Ethics violation?
Bad people doing bad things and it made you sad?
Every day the same skrag, day in day out.. why me?"

Rayla_Felana
03.17.2012 , 04:07 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Stugotz View Post
They did mention that it was said that Anakin's skill with a lightsaber was near that of Master Yoda's. It hadn't been put to the test but it was a rumor I believe that Obi Wan stated during one of the movies.
No, that was a joke Obi-Wan made 'If you spent as much time on your lightsaber skills as you do flying, you'd rival master Yoda as a swordsman.'

LemmingLeader
03.17.2012 , 04:36 PM | #37
I wouldn't say Yoda was the "worst Jedi ever." I'd say that he, alongside the entire Jedi Order, had finally been duped by the greatest Sith Lord that we've ever seen, Darth Sidious.

Where past, simple-minded, overly straight forward Lords of the Sith threw their armies and lackies at the Republic, Darth Sidious was the polar opposite. He took over from within the Republic, forged outside influences to promote his rise to power within the Republic, and finally, by taking the very Republic the Sith fought against for thousands and thousands of years, and turned it into the Galactic Empire.

Compared to what the Sith had always tried to do for literally thousands of years, I don't believe the Jedi were prepared for a Sith attack the way Sidious did it. Not to mention, and IMO, the Jedi Order itself had gotten fat and lax. The Sith had not challenged the Jedi in so long. Remember when the idea was suggested that a Sith Lord was behind the problems in TPM? The Jedi Council, the wisest of the wise of the Order, dismissed even the faintest idea the Sith had returned without even investigating further.

It wasn't just Yoda himself that didn't see what the Sith were doing. The entire Jedi Order and its Council were too busy basking in the sunlight of a happy Republic with nothing to contest it.

Stugotz
03.17.2012 , 06:33 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
No, that was a joke Obi-Wan made 'If you spent as much time on your lightsaber skills as you do flying, you'd rival master Yoda as a swordsman.'
Ahh, thank you.

"Let me guess Ethics violation?
Bad people doing bad things and it made you sad?
Every day the same skrag, day in day out.. why me?"

Quantum
03.17.2012 , 06:47 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by dirtyv View Post
You should read the Darth Bane series... he keeps it real.
Yeah but Darth Bane was "The Sith'ari" the Sith Chosen One so to speak...

Quote:
The Sith'ari will be free of limits.
The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them.
The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.

RevanisSith
03.17.2012 , 06:47 PM | #40
Mace Windu felt fear and that became evident to the emperor,
ie "he's too powerful, he has control of the courts and the senate"
anakin was the chosen one

as for Yoda, are you kidding me? Yoda actually beats Sidious and Sidious then high tails it through the roof, deleted scenes that were reworked into Yoda leaving after seeing a force vision/premonition at the end of his battle with Sidious, during the pushback. his failure was evident but subconsciously he knew what he was doing.

I would count Revan above Satele Shan or Luke, Yoda is in another league.
"only I've been both jedi and sith, and found clarity in the force."