Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

CatoFel
03.15.2012 , 01:23 AM | #21
Poor Yoda. We definitely don't see him at his best. He seems essentially retired by the time we meet him, more monk less warrior. He spends a lot of scenes spouting profoundly unuseful fortune-cookie wisdom, but when he's right about something--don't train Anakin, he's too old--he gets ignored.

Why he wasn't smart enough to team with Obi-wan and take out Sidious and Palpatine one at a time...I can't really say. Going into self-exile and slowly losing his sanity in a swamp just because he fought Sidious to a draw also seems a bit extreme and unhelpful to the galaxy at large, but very impressively...well, Japanese/E. Asian of him, in my understanding.

Comparing him with most of the others seems a little apples-and-oranges to me.
Harbingers of the Sith'ari
The Ebon Hawk
"Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself."--John Adams

TKMaster
03.15.2012 , 01:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
What? He was fine. He was holding off the lightning and simply trying to justify to himself and to Anakin his decision to kill Sidious. The only thing holding him back was his moral convictions and his discussion with Anakin.

He was literally in the process of dealing the killing blow when Anakin jumped in and cut his hand off and knocked his saber away.
.......oh dear.....

_Zorth_
03.15.2012 , 07:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eddizel View Post
What? He was fine. He was holding off the lightning and simply trying to justify to himself and to Anakin his decision to kill Sidious. The only thing holding him back was his moral convictions and his discussion with Anakin.

He was literally in the process of dealing the killing blow when Anakin jumped in and cut his hand off and knocked his saber away.
Fine?

"don't listen to him anakin.. aaahhhhh!!!.."

Sidious ~ "I'm weak.. ahh..."

Few seconds later..

Sidious ~ "UNLIMITED POWER!!!"
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

AlienEyeTX
03.15.2012 , 09:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
Fine?

"don't listen to him anakin.. aaahhhhh!!!.."

Sidious ~ "I'm weak.. ahh..."

Few seconds later..

Sidious ~ "UNLIMITED POWER!!!"

Exactly... it was a trap by Sidious meant to pull Anakin over to the Darkside. Windu was a chump.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

dirtyv
03.15.2012 , 09:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylding View Post
Master Windu was betrayed by a backstabbing whiner. Who thought that little nerfherder could be dangerous?

Honestly, the only way Annie could have done that damage was with Mace's focus all on Sidious.

Poor poor Annie.
Yea Windu blew all his cooldowns and was unprepped for young vader's betrayal... prob the most annoying/unbelievable part of the series for me. That chapter/scene could have been, should have been so much more awesome.

That movie should have been 4 hours long lol.

Windu even had champion saber but that didnt help....
Soloron Lv50 - T/B/D Jedi Sage - Vornskr
Soloron Lv50 - T/B/D Sith Warrior Juggernaut - Swiftsure

valin-krai
03.15.2012 , 09:59 AM | #26
Judging by the "What have I done?" Anakin probably accidently hit a DS option and didn't know of the escape key.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

dirtyv
03.15.2012 , 09:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by zebrawizard View Post
why cant a sith be more powerful than a jedi?

sith should kick jedi ***.
You should read the Darth Bane series... he keeps it real.
Soloron Lv50 - T/B/D Jedi Sage - Vornskr
Soloron Lv50 - T/B/D Sith Warrior Juggernaut - Swiftsure

grandmthethird
03.16.2012 , 01:15 PM | #28
its not that yoda was the worst, its that sidious was the best
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Hoeya
03.16.2012 , 03:41 PM | #29
Think about it. We're playing at the very peak of the Jedi's power and influence. Yes, they were just dealt a crushing blow by losing the Temple, but they've been dealing with Sith for years, if not decades, on end.

While three thousand years later, the Galactic Republic is at it's height and power, and while the Jedi Order is still powerful and respected, they've mainly been at peace for centuries. Most Jedi have probably never seen the business end of a Lightsaber in a fight, and there are more scholars and diplomats than warriors. Even the idea of surviving Sith teachings is kept closely guarded by the Masters.

In this timeline, there are probably thousands of Jedi floating about, by the time the movies come about, that number probably has decreased to hundreds. They were wholly unprepared for a fight, hell, the Republic didn't even maintain a standing army.

Stagnation has a way of dulling the senses, which is why Sideous won. He played both sides, to him it didn't matter who won, just that the Republic was weakened enough for him to fulfill a takeover. Not to mention, he was a diabolical genius.

Rayla_Felana
03.16.2012 , 03:44 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoeya View Post
We're playing at the very peak of the Jedi's power and influence.
No you aren't, Golden Age of the Jedi Order is during Prequels, Grand Master Yoda was most powerful Jedi ever, till Grand Master Luke.