Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild Summit Day 2 NDA Lifted! Brand New 1.2 Info!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kharnis
03.15.2012 , 09:53 AM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardSF View Post
Yeah, I was assuming you had a semi-reasonable complaint (having to level grind AND pay money to unlock a singly ability) and were just having trouble understanding why your issue wasn't, in fact, the case. It didn't occur to me that anyone could be upset about what it turned out your real issue was. So, I do apologize. You clearly understand how the system works. You just want the system to be more poorly designed than it actually is, and you're upset the designers did a halfway decent job on the initial framework for the system. (I reserve judgment on the implementation until I see it.)

FWIW, assuming SWTOR follows the same pattern as most other MMORPGs, a year from now, you will be able to log in with a brand new account and get 50 legacy levels and a pony. I mean, a space pony. With photon hooves, or something.
Proton hooves, you illiterate noob! Photons are with that other space game. Good lord, what is wrong with nerds and geeks these days?
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

LizardSF
03.15.2012 , 10:30 AM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnis View Post
Proton hooves, you illiterate noob! Photons are with that other space game. Good lord, what is wrong with nerds and geeks these days?
What's wrong is that we're recycling a gag from Bloom County, which, thinking on it, stopped being printed before about half the people playing SWTOR were born. (Check Wikipedia.) Oh, gods, it went out of print 23 years ago. Almost a quarter-century. And I was already out of college and working full time as a programmer. (And, for that matter, was already churning out rants by the bucketload on CI$'s forums, and playing Kesmai.)

Now I'm even more depressed. Up the wrists, not across, that's how you do it.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Kharnis
03.15.2012 , 11:43 AM | #353
What's wrong is that we're recycling a gag from Bloom County, which, thinking on it, stopped being printed before about half the people playing SWTOR were born. (Check Wikipedia.) Oh, gods, it went out of print 23 years ago. Almost a quarter-century. And I was already out of college and working full time as a programmer. (And, for that matter, was already churning out rants by the bucketload on CI$'s forums, and playing Kesmai.)

Now I'm even more depressed. Up the wrists, not across, that's how you do it.

Twenty-three years?

Oh god. Up the wrists, you say?
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

Kanshan
03.15.2012 , 11:47 AM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
[*]Sith Pureblood Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8
I find making people pay for races to unlock is lame.
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

LizardSF
03.15.2012 , 12:01 PM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
I find making people pay for races to unlock is lame.
So then use the other method, level a character of that race to 50.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Theninjafuzz
03.15.2012 , 12:04 PM | #356
We can't get the Rattataki shadow boxing across all characters? That's something I was looking forward to... The datapad is just lame, but shadowboxing I would love to have.
A computer beat me at chess once, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Sylvein 50 Marauder, Stunt 50 Mercenary, Syltrain 50 Assassin, Relek 50 Operative
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
That sounds logical... generally not the way I see people posting around here.

AkilZodiac
03.15.2012 , 12:10 PM | #357
OK, one of us is crazy.

Or I'm having reading comprehension problems, myself.

Or both.

From what I can tell, you DON'T want to be level 50 with a race to unlock it. Having to be level 50 with a race is what upsets you.

This is precisely what you DON'T HAVE TO DO.

Unless I am utterly and totally misreading what seems to be very, very, straightforward, you need to be legacy level 8 with ANY character of ANY race, and then, you can unlock ANY OTHER RACE YOU WANT by shelling out the appropriate credits.

Please note:LEGACY LEVEL. LEG-UH-SEE LEVEL. Not character level.

If you want to unlock races without reaching a legacy level in the legacy system, sucks to be you, I admit. The whole point of having the system is to reward people who level alts by giving them more options. The whole point of the credits system is to NOT force people to level races/classes they hate to get a legacy option they want.

This strikes me as an eminently sensible design, though of course we'll know for sure only when it's implemented. It might suck giant sweaty donkey balls, but we'll burn that bridge when we're on it.

The sole acknowledge exception, so far, is unlocking legacy class powers, and it seems logical to me that if you want Sith powers, you ought to actually have a Sith somewhere in your family/clan/gang/whatever.

At this point, I'm going to have to put on my best Fry face and start pondering if I'm being trolled. If so.... good on ya, mate. You got me.
For the love of god, relax man. You're going to kill yourself!

What I don't like is getting the appropriate legacy level only to unlock the ability to buy something. The alternative to that is leveling a character race to 50 first, which I'm not really looking forward to but will do since I have to; I'm not rich enough to buy anything. I don't want to level a BH/IA to 50 (for Chiss), but I have to since I don't have any money. Understand?

So yes, what I thought at first was correct. I thought I was wrong when you jumped at me earlier, but it seems we were both on the same page in the first place.

For your own good, try not to... well, try so hard.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

pahbi
03.15.2012 , 07:59 PM | #358
If we're going to have all the emphasis on alts and legacy points, instead of "Bound" equipment, our items should be, 'Bound to Legacy' instead.

Then we can share items with our alts.

- P

GeorgZoeller
03.15.2012 , 09:03 PM | #359 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Dady_jhoe View Post
Ship Unlocks:
  • Mailbox Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Repair Droid Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8
  • Operation Training Dummy Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Warzone Training Dummy Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required
  • Black Market Trade Terminal Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

NPC Vendor for in a ship is just a repair droid???
Oh no.

In addition to his capable equipment repair functions, the repair astromech is an officially authorized reseller of exclusive new droid parts from the C2 droid corporations. These highly capable parts enable never before seen Crew Skill performance on any of the corporation's ship maintenance droids!

But wait, there is more.

He will also accept any kind of item for recycling!

Shannen
03.17.2012 , 08:24 PM | #360
I still have a doubt (sorry for being so ignorant ._.)

We all know that is not possible to create a Ruby Red Skinned Female Twi'lek on the Republic side (the "Lethan" version which is present on Empire side). Curious that it's possible to create Lethan Male Twi'lek on the Republic side tho. I don't understand why.

Whatever.

The question is:
I'm bringing a Red Lethan Sorcerer Twi'lek up to 50... When she will be 50, will I unlock the red Lethan skin for Twi'lek females on the Republic side aswell? (with the Sith tattoos aswell?)
Girl Player! ~♥
Hirabel Lv. 50 Jedi Shadow ~ Nightmare Lands
My Alt: Cyr'rianish - Lv. 42 Sorcerer