Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When go spec healing

Steww
12.16.2011 , 11:18 AM | #1
I'm making a Sage because I want to make a healing class, but I've heard several people say you're better off not specing Seer early on and instead going Telekinetics and Balance. I'm just curious, those of you who had full blown healers in the beta were you always specced to heal or did you go balance until heroic's and flashpoints started to require dedicated healing?

Yrayl
12.16.2011 , 12:04 PM | #2
I think what you must be referring to is people saying to take the points that you need in the Balance and Tele tree before you start up the Seer tree. The reason for this is that its really easy to run out of Force when you're healing low level Flashpoints so get the extra 100 Force from the Telekenetics tree and while you're at it go ahead and get Inner Strength and Telekenetic Defense filled and then go to the Balance tree and increase your willpower. Once done with that start up the Seer tree. This way you'll be better prepared while healing. I don't think it has anything to do with being a healer only part of the time. And until they make Duel-Speccing possible I don't think many people will.
WATCH YOUR FEET

Melcene
12.16.2011 , 01:46 PM | #3
I was always spec'd full heal, which I guess didn't make a whole lot of sense since I mostly solo'd. But I wanted to be ready for when I did run something with a group. I was still able to solo just fine, and the only time I had a problem was when I tried to take on one of the last ch.1 story bosses at lvl 27, and she was lvl 31 or so.
Collector's Edition V.I.P.
Beta Disciple of the Orange Pixel of Death

TimTheEnchantor
12.16.2011 , 01:49 PM | #4
Yrayl hit the bulls-eye. Resource talents early on are a nice foundation for going into the Seer tree.
||:: Jedi Consular [Seer] ::||
...Slowly corrupted by the dark side...

LordTie
12.20.2011 , 12:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Melcene View Post
I was always spec'd full heal, which I guess didn't make a whole lot of sense since I mostly solo'd. But I wanted to be ready for when I did run something with a group. I was still able to solo just fine, and the only time I had a problem was when I tried to take on one of the last ch.1 story bosses at lvl 27, and she was lvl 31 or so.
She is even hard at level 32. Which i liked. I had a great feeling beating her for the first time too.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.