Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key for ANDROID

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key for ANDROID
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cdxrd
12.16.2011 , 12:35 PM | #21
I'll second the WP7 version.. being a WP7 developer myself.. I ditched my android, and wont touch an iphone..
I Survived 9/29/11 !

Mnc_
12.16.2011 , 02:07 PM | #22
One more supporter for a WP7 MSK app *raises hand*
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.

Krevnik
12.16.2011 , 02:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Thradar View Post
Meh. I decided to order the fob for 4 bones.

iPhone favoritism baffles me. iOS has a smaller install base than Android...but, whatevah.
iOS runs on PMPs, Android doesn't. And Google with their OEMs have been slow to penetrate the slate/tablet market. I know folks running security keys like this one on their iPod Touch, while they still use a dumbphone. According to comScore, because of things like the iPod Touch and iPad, iOS still had a larger install base as of their release on Oct 10th, 2011.

http://www.slashgear.com/comscore-io...pads-10186635/

In the end it is all academic since it is VASCO's app with a TOR skin on it. I doubt Bioware did much work on it themselves other than disable parts of it. Although VASCO's app is available on Android.

Wren_Atticus
12.16.2011 , 02:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Thradar View Post
Meh. I decided to order the fob for 4 bones.

iPhone favoritism baffles me. iOS has a smaller install base than Android...but, whatevah.
Because the Apple store is better that the Android Market. Period.

And I'm not biased. I have an iPad 2 and an HTC Evo 3D phone. So I use both products. I can order stuff from the Apple store no problem. Never had an issue buying any apps at all. Android Market had recent sales where they were doing $.10 apps. They wouldn't accept my payment. I e-mailed their customer service and got a form letter response. I complained about that and it got escalated. They told me they were aware of the problem, as a lot of people were experiencing it, and they would get back to me. They never did.

This is definitely pushing me in the direction of the next gen iPhone when it comes out. Unless Ice Cream Sandwich is the bee's knees, I'm likely going that route.
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

Talanatos
12.16.2011 , 04:48 PM | #25
Have the iPhone, have the authenticator .. followed setup, entered codes from website, authenticator is now showing codes. When I type the code in to finalize the process on the website that is being displayed, Website can't find the code is the response I get. I have tryied auto syncing the time. Are the mobile authenticators still not ready for use? I know the app just showed up today for download finally.
Seriously! Lay off the Spice!

MadSmurf
12.16.2011 , 05:47 PM | #26
and the android app is nowere to be found

Wyrmdog
12.16.2011 , 05:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Krevnik View Post
iOS runs on PMPs, Android doesn't.
Technically that isn't true. There are some out there that do run on Android. They're just ...well, they are what they are. But your point stands. Just wanted to throw that out there since I've been looking for one that suits my needs and found several Android PMPs...just none I want.

Carry on.

Wyrmdog
12.16.2011 , 05:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wren_Atticus View Post
Because the Apple store is better that the Android Market. Period.

And I'm not biased. I have an iPad 2 and an HTC Evo 3D phone. So I use both products. I can order stuff from the Apple store no problem. Never had an issue buying any apps at all. Android Market had recent sales where they were doing $.10 apps. They wouldn't accept my payment. I e-mailed their customer service and got a form letter response. I complained about that and it got escalated. They told me they were aware of the problem, as a lot of people were experiencing it, and they would get back to me. They never did.
I've also used both extensively.

Sadly, totally, utterly true. I don't WANT to like i-stuff, but I do. I like Android, too, but you're right that it has issues you won't generally see on iPhones and iPods.

RazielXSR
12.17.2011 , 12:31 AM | #29
Would have thought a Droid Authenticator for this game would have been top priority.

Chris_Tehtopher
12.17.2011 , 12:43 AM | #30
I am also going to add my support for a Windows Phone app. Blizzard has one for battle.net.