Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Announcing the The Old Republic Weekend Pass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing the The Old Republic Weekend Pass
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
03.13.2012 , 09:10 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free Trial*. Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With the Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Vashy's Avatar


Vashy
03.13.2012 , 09:20 AM | #2
Is this going to be a re-occuring thing on the weekends, as in, every weekend or every other weekend or something?

Edit: Glad to see after reading the FAQ that proper anti-spammer measures have been taken. Good job with that.
Kyada - 55 Assassin - Ebon Hawk
Elria - 55 Mercenary - Ebon Hawk
Beta Squadron 11-11-11

EcrirTwyLar's Avatar


EcrirTwyLar
03.13.2012 , 09:37 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free Trial*. Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With the Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!

Read More
This will help me get more of my friends to play.

GamewizX's Avatar


GamewizX
03.13.2012 , 09:37 AM | #4
Happened a little sooner than I expected. Guess the initial surge of new subscribers has slowed so they want to keep that momentum.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

KevinIsRevan's Avatar


KevinIsRevan
03.13.2012 , 09:38 AM | #5
Really? dose that count for people who are playing the game to and is paying for it? so dose that mean we get the weekend off to not pay?

GamewizX's Avatar


GamewizX
03.13.2012 , 09:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KevinIsRevan View Post
Really? dose that count for people who are playing the game to and is paying for it? so dose that mean we get the weekend off to not pay?
If you read the article you would've seen that this is for new accounts only that do not have active subscriptions or previously active subscriptions.

It's an incentive for new buyers and is no different than any other incentive that other companies use.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

IronSith's Avatar


IronSith
03.13.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
Hmm.. this makes me ponder

Wonder how badly they're bleeding subscribers
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielErickson View Post
Sith are evil.
Ex-SWG player
Starsider

GamewizX's Avatar


GamewizX
03.13.2012 , 09:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by IronSith View Post
Hmm.. this makes me ponder

Wonder how badly they're bleeding subscribers
Or it could be that the growth curve is slowing and they want to keep the momentum going.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Trolltar's Avatar


Trolltar
03.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
[color=#f9d648] Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! Read More
Just thousands?
Merkavah:MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

IronSith's Avatar


IronSith
03.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
Or it could be that the growth curve is slowing and they want to keep the momentum going.
Could be.

Or it couldn't. That is why I ponder the subject
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielErickson View Post
Sith are evil.
Ex-SWG player
Starsider