Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo instances

Truush
03.21.2012 , 06:00 AM | #21
I understand the issue you have with a low population server, but I have to disagree with them spending any developer time on 'solo' instances.

The whole game is already a single player game. Perhaps your server would not be so dead to start with if there were actually something to do with other people.

It was over a month ago that I first heard people complaining on my server because they had already seen it all. Done all the flashpoints and beaten the Ops on nightmare mode. I am glad I did not race through the content as quickly as they did, but many people did.

With the destruction of PvP with the 1.1 patch, it eliminated all the dynamic content in the game. Especially for Republic on my side. Your choice was to go to Ilum and face 5 to 1 (or worse) odds (even if you managed to come up with a full op group to go) and get slaughtered, or after a week or so face opponents that out-geared you by a large margin in war-zones. Beating your head against the wall is not my idea of fun.

So I have to say "NO" to more solo content. I would rather them create group content and dynamic content that encourages people to play together... and give people a reason to log on. That way you will have people to do stuff with.
Mocking signature goes here.

Hutt
04.02.2012 , 10:22 AM | #22
I think it's a great idea. I get annoyed quickly with people and would like to still play without seeing some numb skulls' absurd or irrelevant commentary. Especially for a dead server, then you might be able to gear up without the hassle of trying to make friends and schedule times.

Audenlol
04.02.2012 , 10:46 AM | #23
Solo Dungeons should be a no brainer!

They are popular in Aion & Rift.

I play a DPS, and really have no problem finding a group. That being said, sometimes the group sucks and flashpoints can take longer than the time I have to do them.

A solo instance that takes 30ish-1hr to complete (closer to the 30 than the 60) would be great especially if the rewards where flavor items (costumes), consumables (maybe not as good as biochems so they dont freak the f out) or even a columni comm.*

* i think its ok. If someone bothered to run operations (which hm is not really that much harder than normal) You will have columni pouring out your ears.

LongGui
04.24.2012 , 11:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
I don't like the idea of solo end game gear, not including end game epic weapons, but i do think duo mode "missions" would be a welcome addition to get some base end game pve gear. THe best gear should always be from raid content that requires coordination of a larger group of people. other then that you might as well wait for diablo 3 to come out.
I disagree with that best gear should be from content a group of people can farm. I think a nice hard dungeon with a weekly lockout should provide similar rewards. I would more likely spend 5 hours working through that over a week than doing an operation for an hour.
Lemar 50 ____________________Vedonna 28
Rymbosh main___________________Harl 18
Seymor 18_________________Orelias 19
80% Explorer, 67% Achiever, 40% Socializer, 13% Killer.

KBSIP
04.25.2012 , 02:00 AM | #25
they should focus more on allowing free transfers and performing server merges than developing something like this that serves only as a stop-gag to the population issue. You can still get rakata implants/earpieces from dailies, two relics from grinding out artifice with augment slots, full sets of orange gear all slotted with quality 23 epic mods/armoring/enhancements from dailies, and augments, which will put you on parity with someone geared for ops. In addition to this you can pick up rakata grade belts and bracers from the crafting profession. All of this is completely soloable.

Freor
04.25.2012 , 04:31 AM | #26
100% agree with this. Also, solo doesn't have to equal easy. Something like this *should* have the challenge-level needed to keep people entertained, and not be another daily quest that you do half-asleep

Quote: Originally Posted by LongGui View Post
I disagree with that best gear should be from content a group of people can farm. I think a nice hard dungeon with a weekly lockout should provide similar rewards. I would more likely spend 5 hours working through that over a week than doing an operation for an hour.
This as well. Bolded the most important parts. It shouldn't be a walk-in-a-park easy-way for gear. And it could have lockouts (whether that be daily with less drops or weekly with more drops) similar to Operations to avoid farming the gear too fast.

krinaman
04.25.2012 , 06:09 AM | #27
I support these as well and see no reason it should be limited to the lowest tier of gear. The archaic notion that you must raid to progress at end game really needs to go.

Jarwan
05.07.2012 , 03:34 PM | #28
I'm not asking BW to hand me end game gear on a daily basis just like that. I'm merely suggesting a solo instance like in games such as Aion where you can spend like 30+ minutes in one and to be fair in that game you never really get any end game gear from final boss. You only get like special potions and other consumable items. How about they do the daily instances quests like the Warzone ones where if you complete 5 daily instances you can get a token for Columi or something and the dungeon can only be entered once a day.
Solo Flashpoint Suggestion - Please join

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...56#post3393556

Orlesian
05.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #29
I am all for solo instances, tried them in Rift and I thought it was a good idea. Sometimes you just want to do something alone and a solo instance would be perfect.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Sabster
05.08.2012 , 04:05 PM | #30
I would like to see a '1 man, 2 man, 3 man and 4 man' instances. 1 man would be balanced for 1 + companion; 2 man for 2 + 2 companions; etc, etc...'

Of course the dungeon finder will help a lot of this - but still.