Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo instances

Lance_Dunsten
03.13.2012 , 11:16 AM | #11
This would be a great idea. Fully support.

Master-Nala
03.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #12
Good idea. I would like to see this too.

Mosene
03.13.2012 , 11:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KA_Observer View Post
They could just scale the difficulty based upon the party count sorta like I've seen in City of Heroes/Villians.
Or... they could just live it the way it is
No BIRD is made out of metal, unless it's a machine.

Jarwan
03.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebigkabooa View Post
I'd argue if there were a solo instance, the reward should be a Bag that gave a select amount of commendations and a chance at one of the following tokens

Belt
Earpiece
Relic

Alternatively, you could make the solo instance without a lock out, having it reward the single commendation, but with daily / weekly quests surrounding it that provide greater rewards.
I like the idea of a Columi or may be Tionesse Bag much like the Champion Bags where you get some columi and tionesse commendations and crystals and with a chance for the token. That sounds good if you receive one at the end of the instance and may be have a weekly quest that requires you to complete solo instance for 'X' amount to get an extra bag. It will work along the same lines as the PvP dailies and weeklies.
Solo Flashpoint Suggestion - Please join

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...56#post3393556

arnepvoice
03.13.2012 , 02:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebigkabooa View Post
I'd argue if there were a solo instance, the reward should be a Bag that gave a select amount of commendations and a chance at one of the following tokens

Belt
Earpiece
Relic

Alternatively, you could make the solo instance without a lock out, having it reward the single commendation, but with daily / weekly quests surrounding it that provide greater rewards.
This ^!

This is a great idea in my mind. Similar to what WoW did with the reward bags for specific roles in the dungeon finder.

xMasterful
03.13.2012 , 02:45 PM | #16
I agree with the concept of having a soloable challenge at lvl 50 that provides columni comms. As a 50 dps having 2/5 columni it has been a challenge lately to find groups for hm flashpoints such as False Emperor. Thankfully I can still find a group for hm bt the most played hm by far and on occasion a hm bp run. As this is my 1st 50 I am learning that the best and most efficient way to gear out 5/5 columni is by simply doing the daily and weekly challenges for the columni comms.
So I am all for another time-efficient source of daily columni comms, because it is a pain to find groups for hm flashpoints in general.

Jarwan
03.14.2012 , 06:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xMasterful View Post
I agree with the concept of having a soloable challenge at lvl 50 that provides columni comms. As a 50 dps having 2/5 columni it has been a challenge lately to find groups for hm flashpoints such as False Emperor. Thankfully I can still find a group for hm bt the most played hm by far and on occasion a hm bp run. As this is my 1st 50 I am learning that the best and most efficient way to gear out 5/5 columni is by simply doing the daily and weekly challenges for the columni comms.
So I am all for another time-efficient source of daily columni comms, because it is a pain to find groups for hm flashpoints in general.

QFT. A few weeks ago I was lucky with having plenty of people around to form groups which got me 3 columi pieces and 2 tionese. Now however, I cannot do anything. I've started doing dailies now as it's the only thing left for me to do besides just doing Warzones.

HellFlame
03.14.2012 , 08:46 AM | #18
Theres no need for a solo instance. The main problem is the low population thats what you should focus on... rather ppl asking for something totally out of the context.

Lets think about it (if you can):
T2 Token - (2nd best in the game and sometimes better mods than T3) and you wanna get that from solo content.. you know ppl raiding for that stuff in normal mode ops (8-man & 16-man).

Why not ask for a chest in an instance where the loot is.. just enter and exit sounds fine to me does it?
SW:TOR Endgame

Jarwan
03.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by HellFlame View Post
Theres no need for a solo instance. The main problem is the low population thats what you should focus on... rather ppl asking for something totally out of the context.

Lets think about it (if you can):
T2 Token - (2nd best in the game and sometimes better mods than T3) and you wanna get that from solo content.. you know ppl raiding for that stuff in normal mode ops (8-man & 16-man).

Why not ask for a chest in an instance where the loot is.. just enter and exit sounds fine to me does it?
I have no idea what you just said there. One more thing, Solo instance for me will solve the population crisis since people are leaving this game or have put it on hiatus which in turn means there's barely anybody playing it right now. How do you propose to solve the population crisis? and why must the rest of us suffer for the lack of players? I want a solo flashpoint with a considerably low gain from end boss to compensate for the lack of people around and it will also appeal to the casual gamers who can't spend hours just waiting for a party to materialise.

I did not ask for the whole damn T2 or T3 gear to be handed to me on a silver platter with cream on top through just a single run. As others have suggested, the bag reward will work just like the Champion Bag from Warzone rewards. Now let me ask you this, how many people do you know who have geared up their character in champion gear from just a single champion bag? This issue is not something out of context as it concerns the game and the amount of effort we put in our characters.

"Lets think about it (if you can):"

Please don't insult me or any of the people contributing to this discussion. Non of us have said anything to belittle you or any other person for that matter. The last thing we need is for someone to patronise us for even considering making a suggestion.

Jarwan
03.21.2012 , 05:37 AM | #20
Hex Droid is officially dead, anybody else from this server? There's like less than 10 people on fleet in peak times! My entire guild has rerolled to Freedom Nadd which is apparently a designated reroll server as its pretty much busy all the time. I am the only idiot still fighting it out with my Scoundrel in Hex Droid hoping for a miracle.

The more I see this situation, the more I crave for Solo flashpoints. At least give us character transfers so I can move to a better server.