Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aussie Server Maintenance

Karsaris
03.12.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1
Why are the Aussie servers going down for maintenance in the prime time of playable hours for us Aussie's?

The U.S. server go down at 2am so why don't the servers in Australia go down at 2am AEST?

A Little Unfair!!!!!!!!!

Also why are the forums shut down as well?

Some people used the maintenance time to check out forums, Like they did with WoW to catch up on anything new.

Peerijsje
03.12.2012 , 11:58 PM | #2
yeah its the same as EU servers face it we are second rank subscribers No love from Bioware for non US players
http://soundcloud.com/mindsensation/...sation-episode Loving this for long play sessions

Shakydvs
03.13.2012 , 12:01 AM | #3
Im an Aussie and I dont mind the down time. Allows me to play some of my other games that have been neglected as well as catch up on tv shows.

Its not all doom and gloom mate, just need to learn to live with it.

Asuka
03.13.2012 , 12:11 AM | #4
Because they have to keep 1 global maintenance schedule. It's just how it has to work.

Morthaur
03.13.2012 , 12:31 AM | #5
We Aussies had to fight the red zone embargo to play the game, put up with lag while we played, and have maintenance once or twice a week in our prime time yet thet Harbinger was one of the busiest servers and now Dalbora is. The Moral for Bioware and their US customers from this is you have to "treat em mean to keep em keen", since they got the game so easy they take it for granted and dont love it like us aussies do, remedy this by chainging maintenance times to US prime time and you will see an increase in server numbers on your US servers.

Dafpants
03.13.2012 , 12:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Because they have to keep 1 global maintenance schedule. It's just how it has to work.
They don't have to do that, but they have decided that's what they're going to do.
meanwhile I have 35 mins to play tonight (typing while in loading screen, plenty of time) and when our DST starts in April the servers will already be shut down by the time I get home from work. Repeat until October. -.-'
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

Tyranoc
03.13.2012 , 12:36 AM | #7
I'm an Aussie an dI played i nthe closed betas, open beta's, and still play. The reason they do this is because its easier to do an entire global patch rather than multiple patches.

If the Oceanic servers went down at a different time then your patcher would conflict as it would still have to update/patch your game for the other US/Euro servers in order to login. Then your version of game would clash with the server and it would basically end life as we know it.

You need to be on the same version as the server. WHat you are asking is physically impossible as there is only a single login server with multiple gaming servers.

jayssen
03.13.2012 , 12:53 AM | #8
Correct, they don't have to pull down all the servers at the same time.....Bioware just seem to think that its cool to state they provide a world wide service that runs all at the same time. Weird.

Personally you would think it would be better customer service to not pull servers down during prime time....they'd win more fans that way.

Meanwhile, brace yourself for this thread to be flooded with the usual "sorry I'm alive" crowd that seem to think we must accept everything every company does without question, and just be greatful we can give them our money.

Talasna
03.13.2012 , 12:56 AM | #9
I sure hope they only charge their Oceanic subscribers 6/7ths of the price... I'm going back to RIFT

MajikMyst
03.13.2012 , 12:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jayssen View Post
Correct, they don't have to pull down all the servers at the same time.....Bioware just seem to think that its cool to state they provide a world wide service that runs all at the same time. Weird..
You would be incorrect.. To do maintenance on all the servers, they have to all be brought down..

Welcome to a world wide service in a connected society.. Nothing wierd about it..

I fail to see why these threads have to be created every Monday night.. Nobody likes maintenance.. But we all have to deal with it..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.