Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fighting a Shadow/Assasin

pewpewpewlaser
03.12.2012 , 10:17 PM | #1
So i'm a concealment OP, 3/31/7, just reached valor60 a few days ago, so i'm not an expert/hardcore player, but i have play a decent amount of pvp.
I usually do fine against most of the classes, but recently, i keep going into wz against these war-hero's rank shadow, i am aware of the gear discrepancy, but even when i open up with hidden strike on them...i still cant seem to fight them that well. Maybe i can kill them 2/10 of the times.
I find it so hard to fight them, they are doing damage similar to me, or even harder than me but their survivability is much higher than me.

Can any OP help me out here? Any suggestions are welcome

Vikassi
03.12.2012 , 11:23 PM | #2
I have the same problems, along with sages .. We stand no chance what so ever ... Im actually suprised you have that good of a kill rate ..

Were similiar to flys just buzzing around them ...

Operative is a very weak class compared to every other one .. Its really sad the imbalances in pvp .. Good job bioware ...

Im sure in 1.2, we get nerfed even more .. Just watch ...

Coplann
03.13.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3
not going to QQ about it, but it is interesting reading posts in the shadows forum about opening a fight with 8000 damage (called "decent burst for a low-burst spec", e.g. balance-speced Shadow) with 2 attacks...

8000 damage via 2 attacks, outside of stealth... Oo

Operatives get what? nothing actually...

pewpewpewlaser
03.13.2012 , 11:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Coplann View Post
not going to QQ about it, but it is interesting reading posts in the shadows forum about opening a fight with 8000 damage (called "decent burst for a low-burst spec", e.g. balance-speced Shadow) with 2 attacks...

8000 damage via 2 attacks, outside of stealth... Oo

Operatives get what? nothing actually...
I really dunno...they seem to do similar dmg to us, but with a lot more survivability...
Anymore input from anyone?

Murdertrane
03.14.2012 , 04:07 AM | #5
v68 Scrapper here.

I am pretty damn good at my toon and have had very little trouble in any 1v1 situation. The only thing that I can't kill 1v2 is a tank/healer combo. Sometimes I outgear them, sometimes I outplay them. Sometimes both. It's not an epeen thing, I just hear so much complaining about how weak we are. This is -not- the case. Played well, we are terrors. Plain and simple.

Now on to your point:

Assassins/Shadows (especially tank hybrids) represent the toughest fight I have ingame. For awhile it was anni marauders (holy **** there are so many of those little bastards in 10-49 and everywhere at 50. fotm much?) but I worked to understand them and now have very few issues with them as well. TIP: Don't blow your stun early.

I still win most of my fights against Shadows/Assassins--I have yet to be 1v1d fair and square by anyone. But those guys, with their big damage and outstanding survivability make for a very fun, tactical and sometimes lengthy fight.

There are only 2 people on my server I will vanish and restart a fight if they catch me out of stealth--1 is a shadow, 1 is an assassin. Anyone else I feel comfortable going toe-to-toe with 1v1 even if they get the jump on me.

The short answer: Shadows/Sins are very worthy opponents in the right hands.

Andreasus
03.14.2012 , 04:14 AM | #6
Hmm this answer does not help

But it is cool that you are cool
"No lesson is truly learned until it has been purchased with pain."
—Vergere

Thanks to GeorgZoeller

pewpewpewlaser
03.14.2012 , 04:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Murdertrane View Post
v68 Scrapper here.

I am pretty damn good at my toon and have had very little trouble in any 1v1 situation. The only thing that I can't kill 1v2 is a tank/healer combo. Sometimes I outgear them, sometimes I outplay them. Sometimes both. It's not an epeen thing, I just hear so much complaining about how weak we are. This is -not- the case. Played well, we are terrors. Plain and simple.

Now on to your point:

Assassins/Shadows (especially tank hybrids) represent the toughest fight I have ingame. For awhile it was anni marauders (holy **** there are so many of those little bastards in 10-49 and everywhere at 50. fotm much?) but I worked to understand them and now have very few issues with them as well. TIP: Don't blow your stun early.

I still win most of my fights against Shadows/Assassins--I have yet to be 1v1d fair and square by anyone. But those guys, with their big damage and outstanding survivability make for a very fun, tactical and sometimes lengthy fight.

There are only 2 people on my server I will vanish and restart a fight if they catch me out of stealth--1 is a shadow, 1 is an assassin. Anyone else I feel comfortable going toe-to-toe with 1v1 even if they get the jump on me.

The short answer: Shadows/Sins are very worthy opponents in the right hands.
So whats your advice for fighting a competitive Assassin/Shadow?

sotokage
03.14.2012 , 08:38 AM | #8
looks like the recommendation is to stealth and run from the good ones

Cwild
03.14.2012 , 08:45 AM | #9
It is such a broad topic "How do you fight an assassin". So many different things can happen.

Here is how mine typically go.

We both start out stealth which blows because they have an advantage at seeing us based on your spec. (I dont pick up stealth detection because I think its a waste, but I believe most sins do) so 6/10 times they will find you first. If you happen to find one in stealth just do your opening number on them (acid/hidden, shiv, defib) They will probably CCbreak the defib and force speed away or use their immunity resist thing. If they force speed away they will most likely use force lightning to try to heal themselves which at that point I will vanish and reopen. They wont have their CC breaker up but they should be off resolve by this point so open again with hidden immediately without using acid blade. I then flashbang them which fills there resolve and throw a heal on myself and medpac. I will at this point have more hp then the assasin and all they will really be able to do is vanish if they choose, which will just reset the fight or use their resistance thingy in which case I will auto shoot them. The fights are always close, generally a split in my duels with the winner being at like 20% hp or lower.

BradPiff
03.14.2012 , 08:48 AM | #10
it was the cries from these clothies that got us this nerf oh well
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
Dark Jedi are like Dirty Harry/The Punisher/Daredevil/Batman/Dexter Morgan. They know they need to do some evil things for the greater good.