Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ID-SCAN for Security Questions reset ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
ID-SCAN for Security Questions reset ?

Imperialis
12.16.2011 , 11:06 AM | #1
So i finally received an Answer from CS,

They asked for a ID Scan, passport / ID Card / Drivers license and so on... and in the end the matter will be investigated by their specialized team?

Why on Earth does BW need my ID? I meen, i can understand security but this is a bit waaaay over, and i work for one of the third major ISP's in the world so trust me when i say it.

Has anyone experienced similar situation?

Don't get me wrong, i am gratefull that BW finally answered, but i find all this a bit overdoing it .

AcidWeb
12.16.2011 , 11:10 AM | #2
That is quite standard procedure.

For example: If you lose bliz auth connected with a account you need also send ID.

Argil
12.16.2011 , 12:28 PM | #3
Just the same ****, I haven't recieved answer to my letter with my ID, but it seem ok.
BTW how long did it take before they reply? I send it 4 hours go and realize that it's only begging. All pre-release play process have gone to **** by the forgotten upper case. ***!

AliceKaye
12.16.2011 , 12:31 PM | #4
In order to change my last name on my Square Enix account I had to send them a copy of my marriage license, and a bunch of paperwork and I had to get it notorized and then mailed it to them (couldn't scan).

Blizzard required a copy of my marriage license and if I didn't have a copy of that they wanted my license & passport scanned. No notary and I could e-mail it.

I guess their just trying to prove that its you, to back themselves up so that no one can hack/steal your account, but it can be a serious pain, especially if you don't have a scanner.

Argil
12.16.2011 , 12:37 PM | #5
What the problem to make a photo? IMHO it's even better 'couse it's a way harder to photoshop it.