Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maruaders and force push

doromleynek
03.12.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1
Why not? Why does the tanking advanced class have a skill that allows them to push away the thing they are supposed to be keep aggro on? Maruaders are full on dps with no knockback, seems kind of lame.

Also, Jugs get that very long saber throw, maruaders get a 10m throw : /

DonLocke
03.12.2012 , 06:35 PM | #2
I have come to the conclusion that I do not want my targets to be farther away from me.
Run, Jump, Bleed(heal), Kill. Marauder Life.

NiGhTBoXY
03.12.2012 , 06:42 PM | #3
^-- I second this motion.
/shrug

maggito
03.12.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DonLocke View Post
I have come to the conclusion that I do not want my targets to be farther away from me.

Jugs piss me off when they do it and I then have to chase the target down.

WokeSmeed
03.12.2012 , 08:06 PM | #5
WTB Force Pull (even if it has only 10m range)

And why would you even want to push someone away from you? -.-
Darth Gio Loco
War Hero | Marauder
Legions of Lettow

Geoduck
03.12.2012 , 08:14 PM | #6
Never understood the reasoning for removing push in beta.

I am of the same mind as the above posters, if I am tanking why would I want to push you away from me?

Quote: Originally Posted by BioWare co-founder Greg Zuschuck regarding WoW:
It is a touchstone. It has established standards, it's established how you play an MMO. Every MMO that comes out, I play and look at it. And if they break any of the WoW rules, in my book that's pretty dumb,"

xDreegan
03.12.2012 , 08:16 PM | #7
I could effectively use either one. And honestly I'd prefer push to keep my battles 1v1 or to separate what I want to attack away from the group. It also would help me prevent someone from jumping in to save whoever I was attacking. Plus, give Marauders force pull and it just makes the hazards in Huttball even more of a pain in the *** because then that's all Marauders will do for free kills, instead of having to earn them all.

CrazyAl
03.12.2012 , 11:53 PM | #8
there is no need for it, its a gimick ability for a melee class

honestly ... juggernauts shouldnt have it either

we are melee classes, we shouldnt have a knockback, a stun ... sure, a pull ... perhaps, but not a knockback
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers. -Thomas Jefferson
The key to decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. -Malcolm Gladwell
You can't be offended unless you are being defensive.

Postalp
03.13.2012 , 08:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WokeSmeed View Post
And why would you even want to push someone away from you? -.-
Huttball

Ridisi
03.13.2012 , 09:03 AM | #10
Push will forver be 100% stronger than pull, and an asset in EVERY situation. When im fighting 1v2, and the Jugg/Sin/Powertech is guarding this squishy, I have ZERO ways to seperate them in order to actually burst down my target. There are a million other situations in which push would be a god send also.

Anyone who thinks that they don't want it for this stupid reason. "Why would I want to push my enemy away from me" shouldn't be pvping to begin with.