Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inherent traits on oranges... more please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Inherent traits on oranges... more please?

DemiSeraph
03.12.2012 , 03:03 PM | #11
Actuall I disagree, I have mods in them, and the mod tech value plus the inherent value is what ends up showing as the total then value used toward the toon.

Atleast for the one item that dropped.

Either way, as people have said, we are either going to need massive diversity here, or massive unity in no special oranges.

Personally I would have preferred cosmetic character slots separate from the main slots for geared values. There is a lot of cool gear in the game that is not orange, not high level and thus... sadly pointless

ikinai
03.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DemiSeraph View Post
Actuall I disagree, I have mods in them, and the mod tech value plus the inherent value is what ends up showing as the total then value used toward the toon.

Atleast for the one item that dropped.

Either way, as people have said, we are either going to need massive diversity here, or massive unity in no special oranges.

Personally I would have preferred cosmetic character slots separate from the main slots for geared values. There is a lot of cool gear in the game that is not orange, not high level and thus... sadly pointless
Would you happen to have screenies so we can see what you are talking about?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

elvavwiel
03.12.2012 , 05:09 PM | #13
So I have 2 items in my bank that both have (very rare it seems) an actual trait on them. It has the usual 3 mod slots, but also has +50 tech or something like that.

So it looks as though orange items can have inherent bonuses on them. It's extremely uncommon. However this would be very very interested to have generated when crit crafting. Along with certain drops, or schematics.

Not sure how many people have noticed this aside from me but hoping the developers expand upon this system and make orange items have just a bit more appeal outside of just looks.
Doesn't orange gear have 4 slots if its fully moddable? (or 5 if it were to have an augment)
Isra ~ 55 Sage: Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mithros
03.12.2012 , 05:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by elvavwiel View Post
Doesn't orange gear have 4 slots if its fully moddable? (or 5 if it were to have an augment)
Depends.

A blaster or saber will have four slots, armor will only have three.

Everything slots a mod and an enhancement.

Most everything slots a barrel, hilt, or an armor overlay.

Blasters and sabers also get a color crystal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

As far as everyone running around in augmented low-level orange gear after 1.2...

How can you on one hand complain about it but on the other hand discount the market that will exist for higher level orange gear?

You like the look of the lowest level gear? You want to run around in the lowest level gear? Good for you. Nothing wrong with that.

I would wager, though, that the majority of people will select their gear based on the look, and will be happy to pay a premium to not have to wear the lowest level orange gear.

I do not care if I can make one set using aluminum or bronzium but the other requires durasteel or diatium. As long as the money makes up for the cost/effort of the material, I am fine with it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

They are supposed to be expanding the orange schematics.

The PvP BH armor, for example. Not the battlemaster stuff, but the generic PVP armor. Has sort of a 'Y' chest pattern. I like the look, but only saw it on some mid-level green gear out in the real world in a green and gold pattern.

While I can buy the orange gear in two different colors, it is still, ultimately, going to be inferior to the augmented orange that my armormech could make.

Hopefully that pattern (amongst others) will become available in a craftable orange schematic.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

DemiSeraph
03.13.2012 , 07:55 AM | #15
Agreed, they need about 10 times the amount of orange schematics to allow true in game looks to be unique and varied... else we are just going to have clone armies and that's sad.