Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dev's : 1.2 and Techblades etc??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Dev's : 1.2 and Techblades etc??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rhaphael
03.13.2012 , 08:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyProtocol View Post
I am 99% certain there are no moddable Techstaves, but I HAVE heard of a moddable Electrostaff dropping off that particular boss. Remember, they look very similar...
I am 100% certain there are no moddable Techstaves.

Whatever he drops it probably requires Electrostaff to use, not Techstaff.

Cylux
03.13.2012 , 01:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GellonSW View Post
The problem with companions like Qyzen is that they use AIM and there are no AIM hilts and making hilts just for companions wouldn't make much sense. It also boggles the mind how they could have screwed it up so terribly that a whole other set of weapons needed to made for them when they should have just changed them to what they should use (melee = STR/WP, ranged = AIM/Cunning)..
I think it's more to do with cosmetic reasons, making a melee weapon with aim as the primary attribute means that the armour that companion will wear (and therefore resemble) will be Trooper/Bounty Hunter gear rather than Knight/Warrior gear. That way you don't end up with what looks like a Jedi Knight running around after a smuggler. That's also why Broonmark, Khem Val, Bowdaar and Skadge can get away with using strength as their primary attribute, since equipping armour on them doesn't alter their look. I'm also guessing that the tech weapons were added after the design decision to make the five companions conform to a particular unique role each, mainly based on the weapons being wielded in these pics:
http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/bi...ies/qyzen-fess
http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/tanno-vik

As for why there ain't no orange moddable versions, they're the only weapons in the game that player characters cannot ever use, and thus a low priority.
Easiest fix would be to just make moddable versions that use blaster barrels in place of hilts.

GeorgZoeller
03.13.2012 , 08:23 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We are adding a set of moddable techblades in 1.2.

Forthepie
03.14.2012 , 05:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
YOU kind sir, are on my Christmas Card list....well if I had one, you'd be on it.
Save your fork, there's pie.

Rhaphael
03.15.2012 , 02:06 AM | #25
Great! Will you be adding a set of moddable Techstaves as well?

AetherMcLoud
03.15.2012 , 02:31 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hi_Im_A_Sith View Post
Skadge uses vibroblades, as does Broonmark
Skade is an Aim user so he uses Techblades.
Vibroblades are Strength items.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Tatumsa
03.15.2012 , 03:17 AM | #27
Oh bugger, I just spend a (not so) small fortune getting a veracity one for level 50 :/

DemiSeraph
03.15.2012 , 08:48 AM | #28

Thank you kindly for your reply, and for letting the community know you are all watching the forums. We greatly appreciate your time and effort, and I know I personally am looking forward to 1.2.

Leovinus
03.15.2012 , 12:43 PM | #29
As others have asked, are you adding moddable tech staves as well, and if yes, are you keeping in mind that you'll need to add in aim hilts?

Relith
03.15.2012 , 01:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by insanelf View Post
that's all cool for leveling. But tell me one thing: Can you make a better sniper rifle then a custom modded one with lvl 51 barrel from dailys + lvl 58 mods stripped from scoundrel battlemaster gear? Republic side that is. And it still isn't better then Rakata blaster on my Tharan.
Qyzen is even worse, in this regard...

Imp equivalent would prolly be asking for an assault cannon.
imp equivalent would actually be asking for an offhand cunning blaster for Andronikos. You just cannot find it. Granted, id rather be lacking a high quality offhand blaster than a sniper rifle.