Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

WHat Ports does SWTOR make use of?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WHat Ports does SWTOR make use of?

brewze's Avatar


brewze
12.16.2011 , 10:56 AM | #1
Looking to open up some ports at work to continue my grind any info is appreciated.

DJOllieVee's Avatar


DJOllieVee
12.16.2011 , 10:58 AM | #2
I tried to find this out during the beta program and i didn't get no response from Bioware or anyone who may know but i, too, would like to know the ports.
Recruitment Officer for the Tatooine People's Front NOT the People's Front of Tatooine
SPLITTERS!
RIP . Gone but not forgotten.

ionise's Avatar


ionise
12.16.2011 , 11:00 AM | #3
close all open internet applications on your computer, open sw and connect/login with your char. go to cmd prompt and type netstat -n, look for any external ip addresses and note the ports attached

slyvarius's Avatar


slyvarius
12.16.2011 , 11:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ionise View Post
close all open internet applications on your computer, open sw and connect/login with your char. go to cmd prompt and type netstat -n, look for any external ip addresses and note the ports attached
This is terrible advice. netstat -n is going to show you EVERY program on your computer trying to reach out on your network. Including regular Windows services and other stuff you don't need to be opening ports for.

Colobulous's Avatar


Colobulous
12.16.2011 , 11:21 AM | #5
Fortunately there's a -b flag that will identify the executable.

ionise's Avatar


ionise
12.16.2011 , 11:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by slyvarius View Post
This is terrible advice. netstat -n is going to show you EVERY program on your computer trying to reach out on your network. Including regular Windows services and other stuff you don't need to be opening ports for.
It's terrible advice if you're an idiot and can't resolve the names manually

BIazeOfGlory's Avatar


BIazeOfGlory
12.16.2011 , 11:32 AM | #7

ionise's Avatar


ionise
12.16.2011 , 11:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BIazeOfGlory View Post
Hahahaha bioware wants you to force open 11001 ports manually, that's a brilliant idea let me get to that.

Colobulous's Avatar


Colobulous
12.16.2011 , 11:58 AM | #9
Well, I'd say what you have to do is dependent on your router/firewall, which should support allowing you to intelligently configure access.

If it doesn't, hope your model supports an open firmware, and if that's not an option...get a new one.

FyrosFulke's Avatar


FyrosFulke
03.16.2012 , 11:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Colobulous View Post
Well, I'd say what you have to do is dependent on your router/firewall, which should support allowing you to intelligently configure access.

If it doesn't, hope your model supports an open firmware, and if that's not an option...get a new one.
Your attempt at being an elitist a-hole makes you look like a ******* instead. Keep trying, you'll get the hang of it.


You can force a router to open ranges of ports, but you have to specify one computer IP to act as the machine that will be using the ports. the point of a router is to let multiple computers use the connection, not just one.

Which is stupid on the part of many routers, and more stupid to have that many ports as a requirement from swtor developers. the newest model netgear says for additoinal computers to use a port, just add one to the port required.

port 80. 81? not the same thing. Even if ive got that wrong, a port range of 20000-30000 is 10,000 ports. You cant add "1" in the router settings 20001-30001, for each device, because the numbers 20001-30000 are still reserved for the first computer. Which means, Yes, you have to force open every single port manually for each computer.

The netgear n600, one of the top of the line routers, only lets you configure up to 20.

TWENTY.

So yes, pinpointing specific and most necessary ports would be useful, if someone from bioware can narrow it down a bit from 11,001 ports to about 20 which is what the majority of your customers can handle.

Kthanx.