Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A ten minute wait to revive? Really?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
A ten minute wait to revive? Really?

LizardSF
03.15.2012 , 02:07 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKalel View Post
Go play an old NES game, where you get a couple lives to beat the ENTIRE game with, if you run out of live (die 3 times) you get to restart the ENTIRE game... pansies lol
I'll see your NES and raise you Wizardry I.
MrLizard.com: All-new material for tabletop RPGs (mostly D&D 4e), occasional rants, and original science fiction and fantasy.
Why the developers haven't fixed that bug yet!
Don't be a looser -- read Grammar For Gamers

Smuglerrun
03.15.2012 , 03:46 PM | #122
Well perhaps you find it boring with 10 min cooldown from the 3rd death. But consider WOW death penalty where you have to spirit walk from the nearest bind point to where you died then you had to respawn close to it and then pickup your body.

And you would get a stat reduction every time you died so at one point with serial death you would be unable to fight for a while. And still this is considered lenient death penaltys.

Eve is another MMO i played alot , there if you died , then the ship you flew and all the gear and cargo is either lost or spoils to the killer. And it would probably take 20 min to find a new ship and equip it. Unless you had a reserve. Fun game but it realy sucked to die.

That being said im not advocating harsher death penalties. Just reminding you all for MMO it doesnt come anymore EZmode.

I hear in the next game (vampire rpg) from the EVE creators there will be ways to die that permanently deletes that character. Now that i think would be to hardcore for me too.

Darth_Gao_Gao
03.15.2012 , 05:23 PM | #123
people like the OP are why this game just gets worse and worse.

SithEater
03.15.2012 , 05:32 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Gao_Gao View Post
people like the OP are why this game just gets worse and worse.
People like the OP are why MMOs are getting worse and worse. Its hard to believe that the only true hardcore games were some of the first ever, and its only got easier and easier ever since.

10 minute wait time AFTER your 4th death, try 20 minute naked corpse runs or people being able to loot your corpse while you are dead so you come back to find half your gear gone.
Grand Master of the Sword in Box Form of Lightsaber Combat.

Tuscad
03.15.2012 , 10:57 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaalenarc View Post
Does that work? LOL
Yes. *5 Char
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

camberme
03.16.2012 , 12:49 AM | #126
full Heroic-4 group

your ENTIRE group is dying? not one of them can use a threat drop/ vanish?

your entire group is dying, your tank or healer fails

YOUR ENTIRE GROUP IS DYING... go somewhere else.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination