Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to Artifice, a question on purple hilts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
New to Artifice, a question on purple hilts

otterscrubber
03.12.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
Where does one find the purple hilt schematics? These seem to be some of the few things with value. Thanks.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

Herblaw
03.12.2012 , 10:20 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by otterscrubber View Post
Where does one find the purple hilt schematics? These seem to be some of the few things with value. Thanks.
Reverse Engineer

Green --> Blue ---> Purple
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” General George S. Patton
Meshif-- Level 29 Commando
Gheed-- Level 50 Marauder(Deleted)

otterscrubber
03.12.2012 , 10:24 AM | #3
Anything in particular I should be reverse engineering that would yield a purple schematic? Please feel free to be detailed.

PassedOut
03.12.2012 , 10:27 AM | #4
Make green hilts
RE them until you get new schematic

Make blue hilts
RE them until you get a new schematic

Make Purple hilts
Boom

otterscrubber
03.12.2012 , 10:33 AM | #5
Ah, thank you for spelling it out for me. I see what the first guy was trying to say now. Much appreciated

Felioats
03.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Not trying to be a "read the stickies" or "use the search" snob, but in the interests of being helpful, there is some more info here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258426
>

JoyProtocol
03.12.2012 , 12:39 PM | #7
To sum it up - to get better quality items, you craft item X and reverse-engineer it.

Green items will progress to Blue then Purple
Blue items will progress to Purple and Purple (Superior)
Orange items will not progress

Customization items (Hilts, Barrels, Mods etc) have a linear progression - a Keen Mod will remain a Keen Mod.

Wearable items are not linear, as they pick up prefixes which appear to be random as they level up. From what I gather, you could easily end up with an Accuracy/Critical purple from a Defense/Presence item.

downface
03.12.2012 , 02:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyProtocol View Post
To sum it up - to get better quality items, you craft item X and reverse-engineer it.

Green items will progress to Blue then Purple
Blue items will progress to Purple and Purple (Superior)
Orange items will not progress

Customization items (Hilts, Barrels, Mods etc) have a linear progression - a Keen Mod will remain a Keen Mod.

Wearable items are not linear, as they pick up prefixes which appear to be random as they level up. From what I gather, you could easily end up with an Accuracy/Critical purple from a Defense/Presence item.
Pretty accurate, couple extra details regarding blue schematics: There are schematics you will find (check the GTN) that start at blue quality. These never have a green quality step. They progress (as mentioned above) from Blue --> Purple --> (Deep) Purple. They RE in a non-linear progression (the same progression as the other non-mod items). Initially you can get 3 different versions from your RE attempts. They grant the prefixes: Critical, Overkill, and Redoubt.. adding +critical , +power, and +defense respectively to your new schematic. When you craft and then RE one of those items you will have a chance to get 1 of 5 possible upgrades from there: +accuracy, +shielding, +surge, +presence, & +alacrity. Giving a total of 15 possible final outcomes from each schematic that does a non-linear progression.

Enjoy!