Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Single Player Raiding Endgame

fofoli
03.12.2012 , 06:46 AM | #1
Maybe this is pure madness, but chaos is contagious. The endgame presents two possible paths that are alright for some, but not all. I understand that this is an MMO, but I enjoy the fusion of this multiplayer-singleplayer hybrid. Personal I want the option to do single player stuff at endgame that still rewards the pleasure centers of my brain. In my boredom I questioned what could be easy to implement for those who don't always wish to play nice with others. I would think it at least interesting to be able to bring all of your companions on endgame hard mode flashpoints. Playing as a group will general be more fun, but this would be a great convenience for those of us not ashamed of playing with ours selves.

amnie
03.12.2012 , 06:51 AM | #2
didn't they actually mention single player 'end game' stuff at the guild summit? I think I remember something vaguely

Kourage
03.12.2012 , 06:52 AM | #3
lol why?!

I mean just buy a single player console game and chat on Facebook with your friends or something.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

IIII-IIII-IIII
03.12.2012 , 06:52 AM | #4
You'll go blind if you do that too much.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

TheSwamper
03.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #5
Ignore the haters. I have been asking for this for years. Nothing wrong with having raiding as a possible method of endgame character progression, just don't have it be the only PvE method.

Anomorn
03.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #6
Massively Multiplayer Online... You know the rest.
Glowsticks of Nerf Dialogue
* World 3rd Tier Ⅰ Nightmare 16m * World 1st Tier Ⅱ Hard 8m *

IIII-IIII-IIII
03.12.2012 , 06:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSwamper View Post
Ignore the haters. I have been asking for this for years.
Skyrim?
Operative Iron Citadel

Kaelano
03.12.2012 , 07:00 AM | #8
Ok... check this out...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=349821

but yes, I agree the devs are not obligated to allow you end game content in a MULTIPLAYER game, solo.

TheSwamper
03.12.2012 , 07:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
Skyrim?
There is a huge difference between single player games and MMOs, larger, more persistent world, the auction house, and the option to team with others should you so choose.

I just think it's a bait and switch to allow players to solo the entire game and then require them to group up at the end.

There's no MMO law that says that every one of them has to have endgame raiding as the only possible method of PvE endgame progression. In a game like this one, that has companions, that is doubly true.

IIII-IIII-IIII
03.12.2012 , 07:18 AM | #10
There is a huge difference between single player games and MMOs, larger, more persistent world, the auction house, and the option to team with others should you so choose.
I agree. There is a difference but that difference is rapidly becoming gray and I don't believe that's a good thing for either demographic. Additionally, let's not kid ourselves...no one buys an MMO because "the auction house". If your focus is single player, why does a persistent world matter?
I just think it's a bait and switch to allow players to solo the entire game and then require them to group up at the end.
You knew the genre, it's not bait & switch. Let's not be hyperbolic to validate your statement.
Operative Iron Citadel