Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What to spend Warzone Commendations on before level 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What to spend Warzone Commendations on before level 50?

SeanPoe
12.16.2011 , 10:51 AM | #1
What can people spend Warzone Commendations on before level 50? I've been at the commendation cap for ages and i've checked all the vendors and can't find any with lower level pvp gear. You can buy some of the rare (blue-quality) level 50 gear, but i have no idea if it's even useful.

So, what are you guys spending Warzone commendations on once you hit the cap before level 50?

SupaFlywalker
12.16.2011 , 11:18 AM | #2
Buy lockboxes for green gear?

Dreadspectre
12.16.2011 , 11:26 AM | #3
Weapon. I think you can only ever hold 600 commendations at a time and there's a new lightsaber every 4-8 levels I think? Other than that yeah, buy lockboxes, get greens for cash/wearing.

revial
12.16.2011 , 11:37 AM | #4
Weapons. They're 330ish each and upgraded every 4 levels or so. You'll also need a crap ton to trade in for the next tier up in pvp commendations. So, in-between keeping your weapon(s) updated and buying a few health stims, make sure you start slowly converting them to the next tier so you're not way behind when you hit 50.

SeanPoe
12.16.2011 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by revial View Post
Weapons. They're 330ish each and upgraded every 4 levels or so. You'll also need a crap ton to trade in for the next tier up in pvp commendations. So, in-between keeping your weapon(s) updated and buying a few health stims, make sure you start slowly converting them to the next tier so you're not way behind when you hit 50.
You mean start buying the rare gear (ie, the level 50 blue-quality "Grand" set of gear)?

revial
12.16.2011 , 11:49 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanPoe View Post
You mean start buying the rare gear (ie, the level 50 blue-quality "Grand" set of gear)?
No, if you scroll through the vendor you'll see you can buy a different type of commendation.

You'll also see a random loot bag for level 50 that costs 200 of those different commendations PLUS 200 normal warzone commendations.

I'm not at home so can't recall the exact name of the commendation, but it's not like there's more than one you can buy at the pvp vendor.

You want to be saving up, because that's going to cost you a ton of warzone commendations to randomly get you kit out from the get go at 50.

Sycthrex
12.16.2011 , 11:51 AM | #7
The cap is 1k not 600

Bloodguard
12.16.2011 , 12:00 PM | #8
The boxes are a random draw. They are not always green. I purchased more than a few and got a purple at one point.

So, that is what I do with them. Helps gear out my companions and make some $$>

JustinxDuff
12.16.2011 , 12:05 PM | #9
Level 20 implants @ 100 comms a piece
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Mblythe
12.16.2011 , 12:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Level 20 implants @ 100 comms a piece
I did this... and bought all the level 20 gear... Ive had no problems spending my commendations.
Tred - GM of Eminence on the Lord Praven server.
BH Combat Medic
CE VIP