Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware said less then 1% of players have 10 million or more credits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bioware said less then 1% of players have 10 million or more credits

Deadlyanxiety
03.12.2012 , 05:23 AM | #1
How many credits do you have?
If you have more then 10 million would you mind posting a screenshot?
I would love to find out if anyone has more then 15 million, more then 20 million etc.

Zacarius-
03.12.2012 , 05:30 AM | #2
I had 21 million credits before patch 1.1.5, bought the white crystal for my lightsaber just because I could. I have sold top end implants on my server since the second week of the game. Some weeks are good, some are bad. I am already back to 19.5 million credits.

Deadlyanxiety
03.12.2012 , 05:41 AM | #3
What do you sell them for each?
What was the most you ever sold one for?

Zacarius-
03.12.2012 , 05:48 AM | #4
I had to feel out the market for a while. But the normal level 49 purple ones sell for 43k and the critted ones with an augment slot sell for 70k.

Most people buy them in pairs so I keep 4 of each kind up on the GTN as best I can. I typically have 32 up each night plus any extras that may have critted. Some people have tried to get me to sell the critted ones for higher. I know on some servers they sell for over 200k, but on my server 70k is about all people are willing to pay for them.

Gratulor
03.12.2012 , 05:50 AM | #5
I spend credits as much as I make them, and I don't make them fast. Usually I'm at 100k, even if it's when I have repaired the armour and done three dailies to make up for it. That's usually where I find myself at.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

subrosian
03.12.2012 , 06:25 AM | #6
I believe it. My first 50 I hated (OP) so I did nothing end game besides operations and then rerolled. That toon ended with 5K credits at most. My second 50, a Tanksin, just hit 50 on Thursday and after raid repairs I am sitting at 100k in 3 rakatta, rest columni.

I anticipate my income after repairs will be about 500K a week, which will get quickly eaten up by gearing out alts and the like.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

marcusaxavier
03.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gratulor View Post
I spend credits as much as I make them, and I don't make them fast. Usually I'm at 100k, even if it's when I have repaired the armour and done three dailies to make up for it. That's usually where I find myself at.
I'm in the same boat. The highest my toon has achieved is about 250k, but that gets spent on training.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature...

JackBurden
03.12.2012 , 06:35 AM | #8
I don't consider myself a dedicated money-maker and I spend all my time in the game to do WZs. Currently I'm at 4m creds that came purely from WZing (was fighting from the very launch of the game). As a Biochem I used to make a lot of money by selling the highest grade medpacs but then just got tired of that. Also, people buy purple Diplomacy components almost as fast as I can cater them, and the price goes up to 30k per one item. So, IMO, gathering skills are a nice way to earn money.
Never let your sense of morality keep you from doing what you think is right.
Isaac Asimov

Grayseven
03.12.2012 , 07:19 AM | #9
Something I've noticed as an altoholic...

The higher your level, the more credits you make.

I know, I know, its intuitive but I initially was leveling a toon up to around the mid 20's before moving on to another toon in order to get a feel for the classes and crafting prof's to see what I wanted to do.

When I went back to my original toon and started the trip to 50 (4 levels to go since I keep going back to alts from time to time) I quickly found myself making many more credits than I was spending.

Even running endless missions on all my alt companions and sending them credits when they each started running out, I've managed to still show a net profit.

I spend credits like water as a means to an end, so it'll be some time before I ever have 10 or more million but it doesn't look to be all that difficult a goal to attain.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Spifff
03.12.2012 , 07:30 AM | #10
There was a big with version 1.0 where anyone could essentially re-sell a stack of 99 items to a vendor over and over without it disappearing from their inventory. You could get a million credits within a couple of minutes.

it was patched eventually, but it was live for over a month. I heard about it when it became public knowledge after it was patched. :-(

Did those people have their credits taken away or did less than 1% of players know about it?

My highest was around 500k when i hit lvl 50. And then i bought the speeder training, a speeder, an my talents which essentially brought me back to 0.