Clarification on Companion, Crew skills and RE

sirwyst

Just a quick question there. I understand that every Pet has it's own bonus for crafting, i.e. Vette for Underworld Trading and Treasure Hunting and Quinn for Armstech and Diplomacy.

BUT , when you craft an item and try to RE it, does it apply to one dedicated pet or to all of them ?

For example, I have been using Vette to RE all my items so far, does that mean SHE will get higher change to produce better quality item or would that bonus apply to the two others ?

If it only applies to her it would mean that I would run into trouble as I need her to both craft and collect the raw mat for higher chance. So far am using her to craft only while I send Quinn and R2-D2...(or whatever its name his lol) to raw mat.

If I switch, would I keep the same bous on Crafting or is it linked to her ?

Thanks !

Your companions do not RE items. You do that. Your companions however craft the items and the ones you use are the ones that gain the bonus. So as example, if you are artifice and have Khem craft, he will have his bonus to artifice apply to the craft. His bonus does not carry over to Ashara. She will have her own bonuses.

Did that answer your question and did that make sense? If not, I apologize as it is late...or early in the am.

ok, so let me know if I understand.

In my case, I use Vette, Quinn, 2V-R8

If I use systematically Vette to craft items, she will get a higher bonus to craft better items, right ? However, If I now craft with Quinn, Quinn will not benefits from her bonus.

In parallel, Vette as a bonus for farming raw materials, meaning same, her bonus only applies to her.

Then for RE, it just depends on me, clear.

Am I correct with above assumptions ? If yes, am in trouble as I use both Vette to farm raw materials and craft then..:=( lol

In parallel, Vette as a bonus for farming raw materials, meaning same, her bonus only applies to her.

As far as i know, no compannion have a "farming bonus", mate!:eek:

All it says on her is:

-"Crew Skills: +5 Underwould Trading Efficiency, +5 Treasure Hunting Critical."

This means:

- She ends faster UW missions; And she have a higher % to crit. TH missions!

No farming bonus anywhere. Unless compannions have secret crafting bonus that i don't know of!

Some one please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i am not!:cool:

check out this thread regarding skill bonuses for companions

the following is taken from the above link and condensed into spoilers to reduce space

Jedi Knight

T7-01: +10 eff bioanalysis, +2 crit slicing

Kira Carsen: +5 crit synthweaving, +1 crit treasure hunting

Doc: +5 eff underworld trading, +5 crit biochem

Sergeant Rusk: +10 eff scavenging, +10 eff armstech

Lord Scourge: +10 eff artifice, +10 eff archeology

Jedi Consular

Qyzen Fess: +15 eff archeology, +5 eff bioanalysis

Tharan Cedrax: +10 eff cybertech, +10 eff slicing

Zenith: +1 crit underworld trading, +15 eff Treasure hunting

Lieutenant Iresso: +2 crit armstech, +2 crit scavenging

Nadia Grell: +10 eff synthweaving, +2 crit diplomacy

Trooper

Aric Jorgan: +10 eff armstech, +2 crit diplomacy

Elara Dorne: +10 eff biochem, +10 eff bioanalysis

M1-4X: +5 crit scavenging, +5 eff cybertech

Tanno Vik: +5 crit armormech, +1 crit underworld trading

Yuun: +10 eff slicing, +10 eff Investigation

Smuggler

Corso Riggs: +5 crit armstech, +5 eff underworld trading

Bowdaar: +10 eff scavenging, +10 eff cybertech

Risha: +15 eff diplomacy, +1 crit slicing

Akaavi Spar: +10 eff armormech, +2 crit bioanalysis

Guss Tuno: +10 eff underworld trading, +2 crit investigation

Sith Warrior

Vette: +5 eff Underworld Trading, +5 Crit Treasure Hunting

Malavai Quinn: +10 eff Diplomacy, +10 eff Armstech

Jaesa Willsaam: +5 eff Archaeology, +5 Crit Synthweaving

Lieutenant Pierce: +10 eff Cybertech, +2 crit investigation

Broonmark: +10 eff Scavenging, +2 Crit Bioanalysis

Sith Inquisitor

Khem Val: +15 eff artifice, +5 eff investigation

Andronikos Revel: +2 Crit Underworld Trading, +2 Crit Slicing

Ashara Zavros: +10 eff Synthweaving, +10 eff Diplomacy

Talos Drellik: +5 eff Treasure Hunting, +5 Crit Archaeology

Xalek: +10 eff Bioanalysis, +2 Crit Scavenging

Imperial Agent

Kaliyo: +10 eff Armstech, +2 crit underworld trading

Vector: +5 eff Bioanalysis, +5 Crit Diplomacy

Doctor Lokin: +15 eff Biochem, +10 eff investigation

Ensign Temple: +10 eff Scavenging, +2 Crit Armormech

SCORPIO: +10 eff Cybertech, +2 Crit Slicing

Bounty Hunter

Mako: +15 eff Slicing, +5 eff cybertech

Gault: +10 eff Underworld Trading, +2 Crit Biochem

Torian Cadera: +2 Crit Bioanalysis, +10 eff investigation

Blizz: +15 eff Armormech, +1 Crit Armstech

Skadge: +10 eff Scavenging, +2 Crit Treasure Hunting

each companion has different bonuses and only apply to them if they do that particular crew skill, if you have a different crew skill than that particular companion's bonus then no bonus will be applied, simple enough.

so if you joe has a bonus to bioanalysis and john has a bonus to slicing, you will want to try to keep joe doing bioanalysis missions (dont know if gathering is also affected, i think it is), and you would want john doing slicing stuff

ok thanks

so I guess the last question is the bonus for crafting...

Clear on the crew bonus, jsut speed up on farming.

Clear on the RE linked to myself not to crew.

So for the crafting bonus (if any), ie the more I craft, the higher chance I get to produce good quality item. Is it linked to a crew or to myself ? If I always use Vette for crafting, should I stick to her or can switch to other crew ?

thanks !

Efficiency bonuses decreases the completion time for crafting or missions, while the crit bonuses increase the chance that a crafted item will have an augment slot, or in terms of missions, more mats (not 100% sure on this last bit though). Edited by Agrocasey

Efficiency bonuses decreases the completion time for crafting or missions, while the crit bonuses increase the chance that a crafted item will have an augment slot, or in terms of missions, more mats (not 100% sure on this last bit though).

More mats indeed. The companions when they crit are also more likely to bring in blue or even purple mats even if the yield you send them on was a moderate one, I have had this happen with max affection and bonus like say TH crit or Scavening Crit or UWT crit.

However for the best results especially if you want the purple mats or bigger chances on missions, always send your maxed affection + companion with the bonus on rich yield missions only. If you need to, go even to a rank lower yield, this is especially true if youre still aiming for shemantics. For example slicing doesnt have any rich yield rank 6, there are rich yield rank 5 ones though. On the rep side this means on the Jedi Knight class youd want to send T7-01 on these. Because he has the highest crit bonus on that.

For bioanalysis its Akaavi Spar on the smuggler. For Diplomacy its Nadia Grell on the consular. For Treasure Hunting it's Kira Carsen on the Jedi Knight and so and so on.

Just keep a companion gift guide handy to max out the affections and keep an list with the bonusses in crafting/gathering on each companion handy as well. I already know it by heart now, since I have the above mentioned classes myself.

ok clear, I will check it out the affection level of my crew and max it out for increased performance.

So it means crafting or raw mat share the same bonus , linked to the companion right ? of if a companion is doing more crafting that the other one should i use that companion for crafting and the one doing raw mat for raw mat only or i can swap them ?

in my case, i use Vette for mainly crafting and mainly quin (when not with me) for raw mat. My only problem is quinn doesn ot bring bonus on archeology or underworld trading which Vette does. But when mummy craft, she can not do farming...:=(

It's simple m8, before you start crafting with your companion that has the crit craft bonus, start saving dozens of mats that you need to craft. Keep in mind that crit craft simply makes the chance to get an augment on your crafted armor or weapon/implant/relic/offhand more likely to happen. However picking a companion that has higher affection(best when maxed) compared to a lower affection companion will craft faster.

So it's quite possible that your crit craft bonus companion with a lower affection will craft slower, but is more desireable to use when your aiming for augmented gear.

This is all you need to keep in mind with crafting, what is it I'm aiming for and focus on that. For example when you are crafting items with the intent to Reverse Engineer them to get a blue/purple shemantic out of them it doesn't matter at all whether you let a companion with no bonus craft. And in such a situation, since you probably need ALOT of items to craft it makes sense to farm/buy ALOT of mats way ahead of time.

It's simple m8, before you start crafting with your companion that has the crit craft bonus, start saving dozens of mats that you need to craft. Keep in mind that crit craft simply makes the chance to get an augment on your crafted armor or weapon/implant/relic/offhand more likely to happen. However picking a companion that has higher affection(best when maxed) compared to a lower affection companion will craft faster.

So it's quite possible that your crit craft bonus companion with a lower affection will craft slower, but is more desireable to use when your aiming for augmented gear.

This is all you need to keep in mind with crafting, what is it I'm aiming for and focus on that. For example when you are crafting items with the intent to Reverse Engineer them to get a blue/purple shemantic out of them it doesn't matter at all whether you let a companion with no bonus craft. And in such a situation, since you probably need ALOT of items to craft it makes sense to farm/buy ALOT of mats way ahead of time.

Clear

thanks for the answer, will continue to use the preferred character

Is this right if I went synthweaving on a consular he would not create as good of gear as a jedi knight since consulars have no companion that crits synthweaving?

no, it just means you wont crit as often

you still have the opportunity to create critted gear, it just might take more resources

just raise your companions' affection levels to help increase the chance of crits and make them craft quicker