Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Difficulty solo levelling

Hoodwinked
03.12.2012 , 07:39 AM | #11
Try popping deadly saber while in mid air from your charge. This will make sure that your first attack when you get to the mob adds a stack from it. I have personally never found any use from the kick ability. Also, I forget when you get pommel, but it is great when teamed up with force scream. Granted it will only work on standard/weak targets like kick does. I honestly dislike these abilities due to the fact that they are not useable on players when they are incapacitated. Pretty much makes them worthless since they have very limited use.
I beat up your honor student and took his CE VIP

Lorgrin
03.12.2012 , 08:48 AM | #12
How is your gear, and your companions gear. Have you done all of the heroics to get the commendations and Orange quality armor? I can see how it might be difficult if you are only wearing regular quest greens.

Also I found that if you are using your skills right, Vette makes a much better companion than Quinn. Sure he can heal, but it takes forever to kill something. I just point Vette to the first target and let her start before I jump in. Usually the first mob dies in like half a second. Then I turn and put my dots on the second which makes him die fast also. Rinse and repeat.

From what I have heard the Sith Warrior class is very gear dependent. Just make sure you take the time to gear up for the level and area you are at, and you will be a killing machine.

Good luck.

mindriot
03.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #13
I just noticed your spec as well. Take those 2 points out of cloak, and put them in quick recovery. Cloak is more of a carnage filler talent. Also, you need dual mastery, but I would take those 3 points and put em into annahialation tree. The quicker you get to annahailation the better. I would post my build but I'm on my phone, and its a pain.

Also if your having trouble staying alive, I would keep Quinn out. And don't forget, you can pvp to get a nice full mod'ble set of gear at 40 that will help you. It sounds like you might not be a pvper, and you will prob die a lot, but its worth it if you need a full set of gear. By all means keep posting, the mara board is full of helpful players.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD

Hotbox
03.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoodwinked View Post
Try popping deadly saber while in mid air from your charge. This will make sure that your first attack when you get to the mob adds a stack from it. I have personally never found any use from the kick ability. Also, I forget when you get pommel, but it is great when teamed up with force scream. Granted it will only work on standard/weak targets like kick does. I honestly dislike these abilities due to the fact that they are not useable on players when they are incapacitated. Pretty much makes them worthless since they have very limited use.
Kick works wonderfully in a BG setting because everyone is stacking abilities that cause movement slows-- including Ruptre if you take that skill in your tree. Kick and Pommel hit very hard and are on different timers as well.

Plus they are really cool to chain.
Baroness Hotbox/ Agent Inviegle/Asaj Ventress
"The Ventress Legacy"
50 Assassin/Sniper/Marauder
Clan of the Black Lotus- Fear is our ally!

jbuschell
03.12.2012 , 09:51 AM | #15
I'm about the same level as the op and having no trouble at all leveling, in fact its almost as easy as my sorc, and I solo champions easy.

Force charge ---- deadly saber mid charge ----- battering assault ----- rupture --- slash or assault Untill 3 charges ---- ravage

Rinse and repeat, I usually will pop cloak of pain early and then saber ward towards the middle to end, at 30 Stacks of fury I make sure I have 3 deadly saber dots rolling along with rupture and then bam pop berserk and with a force choke things will die and Quinn has no probs keeping me up, I also have him in the IA pvp gear,

I also pop my relics and I'm biochem makes the leveling experience so much easier, just keep with it
E-Thuggin since 1987

mindriot
03.12.2012 , 10:12 AM | #16
I just noticed your spec as well. Take those 2 points out of cloak, and put them in quick recovery. Cloak is more of a carnage filler talent. Also, you need dual mastery, but I would take those 3 points and put em into annahialation tree. The quicker you get to annahailation the better. I would post my build but I'm on my phone, and its a pain.

Also if your having trouble staying alive, I would keep Quinn out. And don't forget, you can pvp to get a nice full mod'ble set of gear at 40 that will help you. It sounds like you might not be a pvper, and you will prob die a lot, but its worth it if you need a full set of gear. By all means keep posting, the mara board is full of helpful players.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD

PenoNation
03.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hotbox View Post
Kick works wonderfully in a BG setting because everyone is stacking abilities that cause movement slows-- including Ruptre if you take that skill in your tree. Kick and Pommel hit very hard and are on different timers as well.

Plus they are really cool to chain.
What is a BG setting? If you are referring to Battlegrounds (Warzones), neither Kick nor Pommel will work there.

qwertypoi
03.12.2012 , 10:40 AM | #18
I started leveling as Annhialation as well and had all of the same problem you did. I suggest you give Rage a try. I leveled as rage and it is a joke for solo leveling. It goes like this.... charge the elite, force choke to 3-4 smash. If the regular adds are not dead.... they will be very close to it .... finish the normals off an polish off the elite. It gets even easier at level 40 with force crush.

something that I have found with annhialation ( if you really want to level as anni) is that when oyu have multiple mobs (3+) it works better (for me anyway) to use a DPS companion
If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

mindriot
03.12.2012 , 10:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by qwertypoi View Post
I started leveling as Annhialation as well and had all of the same problem you did. I suggest you give Rage a try. I leveled as rage and it is a joke for solo leveling. It goes like this.... charge the elite, force choke to 3-4 smash. If the regular adds are not dead.... they will be very close to it .... finish the normals off an polish off the elite. It gets even easier at level 40 with force crush.

something that I have found with annhialation ( if you really want to level as anni) is that when oyu have multiple mobs (3+) it works better (for me anyway) to use a DPS companion
I forgot to add this , bit this guy is right. Rage is an easier spec to play. It also does well in pvp. You can get some huge smash and scream crits. I guess it all depends on what you want to do in end game. Since I planned on pvping at 50 with anni, I chose to lvl with it so I could get used to it. It's a tougher playstyle because you have a lot of tools at your disposal, and it can get confusing as to what your supposed to use, and not use. Just don't go carnage, and you should be fine.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD

DonLocke
03.12.2012 , 11:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
1 - Level 31
2 - Mission level inidicates yellow, mobs I'm up against are level 30-31.
3 - Companion is in Rank 66 gear. I'm wearing mostly Rank 50 through to a few 76 items.
4 - Annihilation : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIbRRRZh.1
5 - Rotation below:

Force Charge
Ravage
Battering Assault
Deadly Saber
Cloak of Pain
Rupture

When that lot is on CD:
Assault
Vicious Slash
(1 & 2 rotation and attempting to keep 4-6 rage points ready for CD dumping points with Slash when reaching closer to 8)

Retaliation - when proc
Interupt where possible on harder attacks
Your doing it all wrong, I'm a level 35 mara, I don't have trouble leveling and I dont use Quinn. First thing understand the way they made the game, you will always be fighting multiple enemies at once. To take less damage you must kill them ALL quickly.

First thing wrong pop Cloak as soon as your health his < 90%, retaliation will get it back.
Next thing use Ravage then use SMASH -- this move stuns all the enemies SO THEY CANT ATTACK.
Third thing, get rupture up immediately so you start healing yourself sooner.

Those are the main things, also you might want to switch your talents up

tier 1 : Move 1 point into QR more smashes = more dead and stunned enemies. You want to pull another point from somewhere up the line to add to this too. I just dont mind 66% in Enraged Slash.

Tier2: Rupture will be come a refresh-able spam-able slow. I pvp alot so this is nice for me.

tier3 : cool

tier4: I have 2 in shortfuse and 1 in close quarters and none in subjugation, Why?
shortfuse = should not have to explain. ( IF you dont get it switch classes )
close quarters makes Charge a rage builder now and flipping is always cool, but under 5 yards you should just run.
subj: I dont know what obfuscate is and we have extra interrupts like choke and smash.

That should do it. ALSO screw Quinn and get Vette some better guns. Seriously look at her damage....
Run, Jump, Bleed(heal), Kill. Marauder Life.