Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Difficulty solo levelling

Banicks
03.12.2012 , 01:32 AM | #1
Hi All,

I am having extreme difficulty levelling my Marauder solo. I am currently doing the bonus missions of Nar Shadaa.

I have struggled since the start of this bonus line - generally the only way I could complete most missions was to proceed to the mob I need which usually consisted of one strong and 2 normals, kill the normals, die, resurrect and kill the strong.

I am using Quinn to try and stay alive, geared him as best I can but his heals can't keep up with the amount of damage I keep taking.

I've read the basics of this class, doing the correct rotation but I always seem to be lacking in high damage output consistantly waiting for cooldowns, or at the other end of the spectrum having no rage at all.

I can't figure out why I die so quickly, why Quinn can't keep me up and why my damage output isn't quick enough to survive mob fights.
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorised. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

Shatterstar
03.12.2012 , 01:41 AM | #2
First, what level are you?
Second, what level is the mission you are attempting?
Third, what level is the gear you and your companion are wearing?
Fourth, what spec are you trying to run, and what skills do you have so far?
Fifth, what rotation are you attempting?

Answering those will help people to help you.

Itchy_Bum
03.12.2012 , 01:45 AM | #3
I dont know if you have same issue with republic bonus series on Nar Shadda, but Republic bonus series is 31-33 level, while nar shadda is like 23-26 or something like that. You may be beter of going to Tattoine and then coming back for bonus series.

Banicks
03.12.2012 , 03:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Shatterstar View Post
First, what level are you?
Second, what level is the mission you are attempting?
Third, what level is the gear you and your companion are wearing?
Fourth, what spec are you trying to run, and what skills do you have so far?
Fifth, what rotation are you attempting?

Answering those will help people to help you.
1 - Level 31
2 - Mission level inidicates yellow, mobs I'm up against are level 30-31.
3 - Companion is in Rank 66 gear. I'm wearing mostly Rank 50 through to a few 76 items.
4 - Annihilation : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIbRRRZh.1
5 - Rotation below:

Force Charge
Ravage
Battering Assault
Deadly Saber
Cloak of Pain
Rupture

When that lot is on CD:
Assault
Vicious Slash
(1 & 2 rotation and attempting to keep 4-6 rage points ready for CD dumping points with Slash when reaching closer to 8)

Retaliation - when proc
Interupt where possible on harder attacks
The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorised. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side.

verfallen
03.12.2012 , 03:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Banicks View Post
1 - Level 31
2 - Mission level inidicates yellow, mobs I'm up against are level 30-31.
3 - Companion is in Rank 66 gear. I'm wearing mostly Rank 50 through to a few 76 items.
4 - Annihilation : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIbRRRZh.1
5 - Rotation below:

Force Charge
Ravage
Battering Assault
Deadly Saber
Cloak of Pain
Rupture

When that lot is on CD:
Assault
Vicious Slash
(1 & 2 rotation and attempting to keep 4-6 rage points ready for CD dumping points with Slash when reaching closer to 8)

Retaliation - when proc
Interupt where possible on harder attacks
Hit cloak of pain more often. The CD reduction on retaliation can maybe help you having it more often.

Can't remember the level you have it, but Obfuscate, if you have it, can be casted on the strong.

Also I suggest moving Deadly Saber up before ravage, and Rupture needs to be in that Rotation ASAP. If you have at level 31 the kick on slowed immobilized enemies (can't remember the level you get it at) its a very useful dispatcher for normal mobs.

Force charge -> kick -> deadly saber -> battering assault -> rupture -> ravage.

Hitting smash in that rotation can work. Don't forget you also have Force Choke to use against stronger enemies.

As far as rotation goes vs 1 strong 1 normal : force charge/kick the normal, deadly saber, DoT the strong, finish the normal with AoE if its still alive.

Getting Short Fuse (2 extra fury built on rage spender) and Defensive Forms (Carnage tree tier 1 ability, 2 fury build when hit) also help having a maximum Berserk up time.

Also confirm Quinn is on Med Watch stance. It makes a good difference if he isn't.

excaliburhc
03.12.2012 , 05:52 AM | #6
yep had serous hassle leveling as a marauder -

only thing i can say that might help =

when cloak is up use it,
remember that call on the force refreshes saber cloak and heals you 2% every sec for 6 sec.

when you charge in target trash first - use kick when you land (should kill or severely hurt) then i use smash and use pommel strike on other trash before moving on to champ.

silver champs always gave me more hassle then golds.

remember your interrupts - choke and interrupt - you get notification when they start using a skill - watch for the bar and interrupt - that is the most crucial.

camouflage is handy to take the pressure off yourself - directs attention to your companion. gives you a breather - .
and lastly if you kill something in a story area - it stays dead - handy way to beat bosses - just beat the adds then concentrate on bosses (thats what i did)
bare in mind it gets much tougher to lvl once you hit 40ish
enough with the elitest LTP crap in this forum please.
everyone was a noob at some stage - you are not better - just more experienced.

Hotbox
03.12.2012 , 06:16 AM | #7
Make sure you have Quinn in healing mode and not the default DPS mode.

Common error.
Baroness Hotbox/ Agent Inviegle/Asaj Ventress
"The Ventress Legacy"
50 Assassin/Sniper/Marauder
Clan of the Black Lotus- Fear is our ally!

Thundergulch
03.12.2012 , 06:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hotbox View Post
Make sure you have Quinn in healing mode and not the default DPS mode.

Common error.
This,
AND
you say you have him geared the best you can, but what type of gear do you have him in?
the only stat you need to concentrate on for him is Cunning, period.

You should be facerolling through those 2 normals and a strong and finishing with 100% health.
In fact, you should be able to take on 2 strongs and an elite all your level, but your gear has to be pretty good.

bottom line, it all boils down to gear.

mindriot
03.12.2012 , 07:09 AM | #9
First off, you need to hit deadly saber in the middle of your charge. You need to get that 3 stack as quick as possible. Then go rupture to get your bleeds up and going so you can get some heals rolling in. Also, don't forget obsufercate. It drops melee and range accuracy down 90% for 6 sec. Also, even though your anni, using slam on normals helps, it stuns them for a few sec. My rotation for that situation is.
Charge (deadly mid charge)
Rupture strong and 3 stack deadly.
Slam
Ravage on strong
Refresh deadly
Rinse repeat.
Throw obsufercate if needed, cloak of pain ect.

I noticed my wife having problems dieing, or almost with her sorc. Her problem was rotation, and spec. Also this game does get tough when your fighting even level stuff.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD

mindriot
03.12.2012 , 07:25 AM | #10
Gear is important, but with this class esp, rotation is key. Don't forget your bleeds are healing you. Keep them up at all times. Also slam, and scream will stun normals, use them. I'm steamrolling content with this class, I am supported by my cybertech main so I can stay pretty well geared, but rotation is most important. Practice on some lesser stuff. You'll get it. And when you do, you'll love the class.
I-5 Ivy bridge 3470
8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance
MSI GeForce 680
Samsung 830 SSD