Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force question

ErikModi
03.12.2012 , 11:09 AM | #21
There are a lot of different kinds of immortality.

"Clinical immortality" is pretty much just not dying of old age.

"Neoteny" is perpetual youth, always living in the prime of your life.

Then there are varying degrees of "wound resistant" immortality, where it is difficult to kill you. Things like vampires, Immortals from Highlander, etc. have this kind of immortality, where they CAN be killed, but only under a specific set of circumstances.

"Transcendent immortality" is the ability to live on as a being of energy or pure thought. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Yoda all achieved this. Awesome, but your ability to affect the physical world is limited.

Finally, "total immortality" is being completely unable to be killed, by any means whatsoever.

The Sith Emperor of TOR as the first kind of immortality. Though he's powerful enough in his own right that killing him is exceptionally difficult.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

DrFaroohk
03.12.2012 , 11:21 AM | #22
If we were talking raw force power, I'd say...Who can shoot the biggest bolt of lightning? Who has the hardest hitting force wave? Who can lift the biggest thing? Who can augment their physical abilities the most?

If you wanted to translate it to numbers, you could just argue who has the most willpower and force points. Or Charisma and Wisdom if you wanna use Kotor numbers.

ErikModi
03.12.2012 , 11:32 AM | #23
Star Wars is not DragonBall Z.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Celcionna
03.12.2012 , 11:53 AM | #24
Anakin had more mid clorian in his bloodstream than anyone else alive at that time. Since Luke is the son of Anakin, the midi clorian count must be diluted somewhat from genetics...Padme not being a Jedi and all that jazz. So Anakin was the most powerful, at least after the Old Republic. That's where my knowledge exausts itself someewhat.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Celcionna-Jedi Guardian-Dual Bladed Justice

AngelousWang
03.12.2012 , 02:11 PM | #25
Luke.

Luke had the most potential (same as Anakin), 2nd strongest connection to the force (grandchild of the force), he learned the most about the Lightside and he was the most powerful ability wise (managing to achieve oneness with the force whilst still alive).

Sidious was the most powerful in the Darkside only (connection, techniques, knowledge and usable powers, strength of powers).

Anakin had the strongest connection to the force (being it's child) and had the same potential to become Lukes equal (if not slightly more powerful), but he never got there.

Jacen Solo is a close second to Luke in the Lightside being the only other person to become one with the force whilst still alive.
CE VIP

Rayla_Felana
03.12.2012 , 02:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Luke.

Luke had the most potential (same as Anakin), 2nd strongest connection to the force (grandchild of the force), he learned the most about the Lightside and he was the most powerful ability wise (managing to achieve oneness with the force whilst still alive).

Sidious was the most powerful in the Darkside only (connection, techniques, knowledge and usable powers, strength of powers).

Anakin had the strongest connection to the force (being it's child) and had the same potential to become Lukes equal (if not slightly more powerful), but he never got there.

Jacen Solo is a close second to Luke in the Lightside being the only other person to become one with the force whilst still alive.
This.

Also, didn't Revan become one with the force, albeit for a brief moment in 'Revan'?

And by extension, Darth Malgus, although that was only his claim.

mefit
03.12.2012 , 02:26 PM | #27
Luke.

EU Luke is the most powerful Jedi to ever live.
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

Duduneco
03.12.2012 , 03:19 PM | #28
People will probably disagree wigth me, but I say it was Revan.

AngelousWang
03.12.2012 , 04:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Duduneco View Post
People will probably disagree wigth me, but I say it was Revan.
Revan got beat down like a little girl by Vitiate, Scourge, and the TOR Heroes, how could he possible be the strongest when people clearly stronger than him?

Luke has only ever really been beaten by Sidious, but that was before he became "Godmode" Luke.
CE VIP

Morticoccus
03.12.2012 , 04:39 PM | #30
Revan got beat down like a little girl by Vitiate, Scourge, and the TOR Heroes, how could he possible be the strongest when people clearly stronger than him?

Luke has only ever really been beaten by Sidious, but that was before he became "Godmode" Luke.
To be fair, Scourge stabbed him in the back and allowed Vitiate to sucker punch him (After LITERALLY stabbing the jedi exile in the back) and the TOR heroes beat his *** after he's spent 300 years as the emperor's chew toy.

He's the easiest boss of that entire FP, hands down.
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.