Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mara/Pally Bubble needs to be looked at(Undying Rage)

Draeb
03.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
First, you're talking about the wrong ability. See:
http://www.torhead.com/ability/fYZIabE/undying-rage

The point is that they remain fully offensive while gaining a tremendous amount of defense comparable to a paladin bubble. Not to mention, a 90 second cooldown? I have no idea what they were thinking when they were implementing this ability. It's for the lack of a better term: grossly overpowered and by far the best defensive cooldown in game at the current moment.

Interesting. 5 seconds? I was sure that it was longer than that. Does it feel like 5 seconds to everyone else? I know my interrupts are only 4 secs but they seem to be very brief in contrast to the Undying rage.

Grubfist
03.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kiroshei View Post
how is it a nerf? you still get to have the best defensive ability in the game. you just wont be able to get mad kills with it. it will be working as intended. as a DEFENSIVE ability. just cut the dmg by 50% while its up. no problems. still viable for the way it should be used.
Oh, see, I'm calling your stupid idea stupid, so I must be a member of the class you're trying to get nerfed.

I mean, my highest sentinel was level 12 when I deleted him, and I've never had a marauder.

But logic decrees that if I disagree with you, it must be because I have something to lose or gain.

It's not MY ability. And your OPINION of how it SHOULD be used is just that, an opinion.

Stop calling for nerfs, this game is balanced.

And of course it's a nerf. Your entire post is saying how it needs to reduce damage and healing done. That's a nerf. The debate is about whether or not that nerf is needed. Keep up.

Anthiel
03.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #23
it takes 50% of my life and lasts 6 sec its powerfull when used right but also as counterable as it is usefull. just watch for the graphic and use your escape or cc tools to evade.

Xinika
03.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Draeb View Post
Interesting. 5 seconds? I was sure that it was longer than that. Does it feel like 5 seconds to everyone else? I know my interrupts are only 4 secs but they seem to be very brief in contrast to the Undying rage.
Can be 6 seconds and their PvP sets reduces the CD by 15 secs.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Dartai
03.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #25
First thing, Mara bubble isn't even close to as strong as the Paly one.

Paly bubble: 8 seconds, immune to all forms of damage, removes any negative effects from the player and prevents further effects from hitting while bubble is up, costs nothing to cast.

Mara bubble: 5 seconds, reduces 99% of damage (which yes is basically immune), does NOT remove any negative effects, does not prevent further negative effects (cc namely), costs HALF the remaining life of the Mara to cast.

They don't compare, it is already so much worse than the Paly version on every part of the ability. It does not need a nerf, people just need to learn to cc when it's up and wait the 5 seconds.

Grubfist
03.11.2012 , 12:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dartai View Post
First thing, Mara bubble isn't even close to as strong as the Paly one.

Paly bubble: 8 seconds, immune to all forms of damage, removes any negative effects from the player and prevents further effects from hitting while bubble is up, costs nothing to cast.

Mara bubble: 5 seconds, reduces 99% of damage (which yes is basically immune), does NOT remove any negative effects, does not prevent further negative effects (cc namely), costs HALF the remaining life of the Mara to cast.

They don't compare, it is already so much worse than the Paly version on every part of the ability. It does not need a nerf, people just need to learn to cc when it's up and wait the 5 seconds.
Or even kite.

The OP claims that in those 6 seconds, the marauder can roflstomp like 3 people. If your teammates are going down in 2 seconds apiece, that marauder is not the problem here. They last slightly longer. Guess what? They're also melee. Kiting is not hard. I do it all the time on my 50s shadow, sage, and vanguard.

Iite
03.11.2012 , 12:56 PM | #27
Not saying that marauders don't deserve this ability but this seems much better suited as a jug type ability, high up in the tanking tree.
Iite - Sorcerer - Vulkner Highway - Valor 38
Hanshotfirst - Scoundrel - Prophecy of the five - Valor 65
Iite - Guardian - Prophecy of the five - Valor 63

Tilure
03.11.2012 , 12:56 PM | #28
based on the fact that you called it the "immunity bubble" instead of its proper name undying rage or Guarded by the Force, this leads me to believe you do not have a lvl 50 marauder/sentinel and therefore you opinion on whether this ability is OP is uneducated.

Undying rage also takes 50% of your health, which means if you use the ability above 30% you've made a mistake. Its pretty easy to recognize, and thus counter.

It sounds like you want to be able to COUNTER 100% of the time. Which just isn't realistic. IF the marauder doesn't have a full resolve bar, then a stun is an appropriate counter. If he does, then kiting is an appropriate solution. If you can't do either of these things, then you were not prepared to fight a marauder in the first place.

If your primary complaint is that it makes him a super ball carrier, well thats just stupid. Huttball is a ranged dps dream, should we nerf ranged dps damage because of that? no.

kiroshei
03.11.2012 , 12:57 PM | #29
good maras never use the ability until they are at like 10% hp. so the half hp loss is a joke. most of the time when a person is that low in health their resolve bar is full too. i have yet to see this ability used to "get away" or "survive". I've only ever seen this ability used to kill someone. just like ret pallies used to do. it was laughable then and you'd think bioware would've realized it would be laughable now. so far the naysayers have yet to say anything remotely constructive so i guess i'll keep waiting for the defense on keeping it the way it is.

using comments like "youre bad" "l2p" just proves even more how wrong you are lol

kyuyu
03.11.2012 , 12:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
First, you're talking about the wrong ability. See:
http://www.torhead.com/ability/fYZIabE/undying-rage

The point is that they remain fully offensive while gaining a tremendous amount of defense comparable to a paladin bubble. Not to mention, a 90 second cooldown? I have no idea what they were thinking when they were implementing this ability. It's for the lack of a better term: grossly overpowered and by far the best defensive cooldown in game at the current moment.
This ability is godly in ranked PvP. 50% health sacrifice is nothing when a healer can just put a HoT on you while you are immune to damage.

A frost mage in WoW could go immune with ice block but he basically stuns himself for the duration. While a mara can use it both defensively and offensively.

*** was Bioware thinking?