Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What would be the ultimate, Dark Side strike team?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What would be the ultimate, Dark Side strike team?

TheLonelyTusken
03.11.2012 , 03:10 PM | #11
How is Vader pre-suit bad for a strike team?

He lead all the clones in sacking the jedi temple, and hes an exceptional fighter.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

Captain_Zone
03.11.2012 , 03:27 PM | #12
Controlling Officer: Thrawn
Field Commander: Kir Kanos
Infiltration Expert: Wrenga Jixton
Disposal of Enemy Personnel: Boba Fett, HK-47, and Canderous Ordo.

Those are my picks. Thrawn of course, since his tactical and strategic expertise would go a long way.

Kanos has proven time and again that he can adapt to an ever changing battlefield, so I picked him for team lead. He can make decisions on the fly and make sure Thrawn's plan is executed to perfection.

Jix, since he is trusted by Vader to get the job done, no matter what job it is.

Fett, HK, and Ordo because their battle prowess is never in question. They're able to deal out some massive damage to the enemy.

I didn't pick any Force Users for an obvious reason. They could be sensed by any Jedi on the premises, and maybe countered. I just picked the team that has experience dealing with Force users and knows how to counteract them.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

BrandonSM
03.11.2012 , 04:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLonelyTusken View Post
How is Vader pre-suit bad for a strike team?

He lead all the clones in sacking the jedi temple, and hes an exceptional fighter.
And Post-Suit Vader IMO is right below Thrawn in tactics.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

DUHSHARKK
03.11.2012 , 04:59 PM | #14
Darth Vader [Post or Pre-suit, doesn't matter, both were capable]
Darth Malgus
Darth Sion
Bossk
Canderous Ordo

LemmingLeader
03.11.2012 , 07:15 PM | #15
Darth Sidious - A patient leader. Manipulative to both sides for his goals. Deceptive. Not to mention powerful with the Force and sly with the Lightsaber. How many Jedi Masters did he kill in the closing scenes of Ep.III? Though the Lightsaber to him is simply something to mock the Jedi with. He won't be the one going in, he is the overall leader. He'd ensure everything's in place before sending the rest.

Darth Vader - Send him for important missions, just like in the Original Trilogy and at the end of Ep.III (attacking the Jedi Temple, killing CIS leaders). He has shown the ability to lead feared military formations before and after turning to the Dark Side. He has shown the ability to take on and kill Jedi. He can do most anything you send him to. His presence strikes fear into everyone. Just like in the Empire, he would act as the "Executor" of the Emperor's wishes, and he has no qualms getting into combat.

Boba Fett - Mandalorians have long had affinity with members of the Dark Side / Sith. And Fett would round out the lightsaber capability of the team with his technology and slyness, as well as his underground connections. A "Dark Side Team" would seem awkward to not have a Mandalorian.

Grand Admiral Thrawn - You need someone to command whatever number of ships you are bringing. Darth Vader has that capability, but the Empire's best strategist and Naval tactician cannot be ignored. Whatever fleet(s) are used, Thrawn will be effective. Has shown the ability to make the most with fewer forces (Heir to the Empire trilogy), and does not like wasting troops. Of all the Imperial leaders remaining Post-Endor and after Palpatine's death, he came the closest in overhwelming the New Republic, bringing it to its knees in near defeat. His presence would further solidify the effectiveness of the troops, since he did have a well loved, highly respected reputation in the military.

And of course,

Darth Revan - Leader, tactician, and great in combat with a Lightsaber. Another all arounder.

Most especially for the force users, I put a premium on leadership. Being able to get their troops and agents to do things right is of course important, since they would not be alone. They're all great in fighting anyways. Vader and Revan can rip through stuff if required, and that's not even counting Fett.

Nitblade
03.11.2012 , 08:09 PM | #16
Grand Admiral Thrawn, master tactician
Darth Vader, great battlefield leader
Tulak Hord, best darkside lightsaber wielder
Exar Kun, just took about 1000 jedi's to stop him
HK-47, all around homicidal droid, can also serve as a translator
Silent Corsairs
Commando [Gunnery] 50

Bowdaar: "Mercy to a Fool brings good luck"

BrandonSM
03.11.2012 , 09:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitblade View Post
Grand Admiral Thrawn, master tactician
Darth Vader, great battlefield leader
Tulak Hord, best darkside lightsaber wielder
Exar Kun, just took about 1000 jedi's to stop him
HK-47, all around homicidal droid, can also serve as a translator
Tulak is not the best DS Lightsaber duelist...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aximand
03.12.2012 , 08:24 AM | #18
Am I the only one that would not take Revan because of how damn easily he's manipulated?
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

ACLucius
03.12.2012 , 09:00 AM | #19
HK-47

HK-51

HK-51

HK-51

Hk-51

HK-51

The Kurgan from Highlander.

HK-51

HK-51

HK-51

Ganon.
"So far, this game quacks like a duck, swims like a duck, has feathers like a duck but we're told it has a pair of antlers that we have yet to be shown. By all logic, its more likely a duck with a funny hat than a deer." -Omega

SuperJoo
03.12.2012 , 09:08 AM | #20
Jack Bauer