Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin Vs Shadow

03.10.2012 , 09:02 AM | #1
Hello all just wondering if someone could do a quick comparison of Assassin and Shadow for me. I know they are supposed to be mirror classes but from some of the other classes being very different i was just wondering which would be better for a DPS style character.

03.10.2012 , 04:38 PM | #2
Shock's damage is instant but Project's damage is delayed due to the projectile animation.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

03.10.2012 , 06:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
Shock's damage is instant but Project's damage is delayed due to the projectile animation.
Yeah, thats about it. other than the visual differences and Unity is better than the Inquisitor version (but it doesnt count since you need your companion out for that).
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

03.11.2012 , 12:45 AM | #4
Until 1.2...

03.12.2012 , 01:43 AM | #5
Its basically the same class. Just like the sage and sorcerer

Anyone who disagrees just hasnt played them

03.12.2012 , 06:06 AM | #6
After levelling a shadow to 50 on a US server I started an Assasin on a UK server, so far its pretty much to same, im level 16 i think.

One thing, the story is so much more interesting so far.
UK Based Photographer

03.12.2012 , 06:38 AM | #7
I have a 42 assasin and just started a shadow. Like someone posted above, the only real difference is the delay in projectile vs shock. Kinda sucks when you are trying to stop someone from disarming a bomb and you are so used to the insta damage of shock

03.12.2012 , 06:51 AM | #8
That's why you use Force Breach, Force stun or some other instant abilities. I don't think the animation would cost that much damage done, it's more like how you use your abilities (rotation and etc).
Maeljina, Founder of Harbinger
"We are Harbinger, we are one."
Finnish adult guildPvE&PvPTomb of Freedon Nadd
Homepage← →Recruitment

03.12.2012 , 08:20 AM | #9
Animation delay on Project is being fixed in a couple of weeks (Update 1.2) so long-term, it's a non-issue.

Only differences between the classes are really cosmetic, other than the Unity/whatever difference and it wouldn't surprise me if they changed that as well with 1.2.
Varwe, lvl 50 Mirialan Jedi Shadow tank
Chief Officer, Ring of Destiny
recruiting mature, semi-casual players of all classes on Jedi Covenant server
Honor ~ Loyalty ~ Respect

03.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #10
I like the damage delay on project, personally. I also like the spin kick animation over the one for spike that seems to be just as delayed as project.

Short example:

Force Pull -> Spin Kick will always stun the target in the spot where you pulled them to.

Force Pull -> Spike will always fail to stun the target in the spot where you pulled them to, they will have about 0.5 seconds of movement time.

This is clearly visible when pulling people into hazards. Shadows have a huge advantage because they can use the low CD kick instead of the 1min cooldown stun to pin people. They can also follow this up with the long CD stun as the target is not at full resolve after pull+spin kick.

So on the behalf of my sin I hope they fix both animation differences.
Corellian Run formerly Mind Trick
<White Talons>: Tigerwoods - Vanguard, Limbaugh - Sentinel
<Black Talons>: Ereldys - Assassin