Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Redeem Code at account home page

dawitwer
12.13.2011 , 10:03 AM | #1
When I go to account home and go through the new steps there, I get to "redeem product Code" I redeemed my code on the 17th of Nov. I know I can't log into the game yet, but should that step not be check marked?

Thanks,

Napalmeddie
12.13.2011 , 10:05 AM | #2
Yeah, I've got that issue to. The page that shows your history with the game shows that I pre-ordered and that I was ready to patch the installer. Like you, on that page with all the checks my redeem code box is not checked. What's up?

dawitwer
12.13.2011 , 10:07 AM | #3
In addition when I re-enter the code I got from Origin it says this code is already in use (which makes sense since I entered it alreay)

FinnM
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #4
I believe it's because EA Origin hasn't yet emailed out codes for the full version of the game. Once we get those emails, the full retail code rather than the pre-order code, I think we'll be good to go.

dawitwer
12.13.2011 , 10:10 AM | #5
How does that play into early acces if we can't purchase a subscription till we get the code redeemed? If we need to wait for the full game code and we get the email for early access before the origin email?

Thoughts?

Cameirus
12.13.2011 , 10:11 AM | #6
Same here... I cant add a sub as I aparantly have not redeemed my code...so I tried doing it again.. and it says that code is invalid because its been redeemed! YEAH I KNOW I DID IT, so why is that step not checked....

talk about piss poor communication with regards to this launch.

Aaidan
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FinnM View Post
I believe it's because EA Origin hasn't yet emailed out codes for the full version of the game. Once we get those emails, the full retail code rather than the pre-order code, I think we'll be good to go.
I believe that's it. We have all entered the "preorder code" which gives us early access. But Origin has not yet given us the full retail code. remember, they haven't billed you for the full game amount yet.

Phoenix_Down
12.13.2011 , 10:14 AM | #8
Same thing happened to me.

Darth_Reeper
12.13.2011 , 10:14 AM | #9
This message was from the Costumer Service Protocol Droid.. Hope this helps.

Greetings,

If you have already applied a pre-order code to your account, you do not need to modify it or add a second one if you upgraded your edition. Any pre-order code applied to your account will only grant you Early Game Access and the Color Stone item.

When you receive your product code at launch and apply this to your account you will then be granted the in-game items that are associated with the version that you have purchased.

If you did not receive a pre-order code from your retailer or if you got an error message that your pre-order code has already been used, please send an email to support@swtor.com with the following information:
Image of your pre-order code(if you have been issued a used one)
Image of your receipt of pre-order
Address of retailers store OR if you purchased online, their URL

Please ensure that you contact us from the email address associated to your www.swtor.com account.

S1-W7 | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support
May The Force Serve You Well!
Darth_Reeper

dawitwer
12.13.2011 , 10:15 AM | #10
SO we need to start yelling at Origin to get those codes out ASAP