Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New war hero/pve gear for marauders

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
New war hero/pve gear for marauders

xXThatOneGuyXx
03.09.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1
Does anyone know what the the new marauder tier 2 gear will look like in the upcoming patch? i know jugg is getting a new looks if marauder doesnt there is some serious laziness going on and im gonna be realy pissed. plz reply

CrazyAl
03.09.2012 , 09:09 PM | #2
it will look the same as the jugg stuff, except a different color

ya know ... exactly the way it works right now ...
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers. -Thomas Jefferson
The key to decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. -Malcolm Gladwell
You can't be offended unless you are being defensive.

Carbonated
03.10.2012 , 02:27 AM | #3
yeah same graphic to make sure others know the difference in heavy and medium armor. force marauders to use medium and make it look exactly like heavy..how does it not protect the same when its made of the same exact stuff?

its like the excuse no wookies because kashyyyk hasnt been discovered yet theres wookies walking around on the republic fleet and kashyyyk gets mentioned in a bowdar cutscene.

GIVE ME MY HEAVY ARMOR WEARING SITH MARAUDER WOOKIE DAMMIT!
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Ridisi
03.10.2012 , 09:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
yeah same graphic to make sure others know the difference in heavy and medium armor. force marauders to use medium and make it look exactly like heavy..how does it not protect the same when its made of the same exact stuff?

its like the excuse no wookies because kashyyyk hasnt been discovered yet theres wookies walking around on the republic fleet and kashyyyk gets mentioned in a bowdar cutscene.

GIVE ME MY HEAVY ARMOR WEARING SITH MARAUDER WOOKIE DAMMIT!
There is a wookie companion on light side... what the hell are you smoking.

Evixy
03.10.2012 , 09:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridisi View Post
L2identify Sarcasm, lol
War Hero Evixy Lvl 50 Annihilation Marauder - Luka Sene-EU

gibmachine
03.10.2012 , 01:47 PM | #6
If you look at 1.2 trailer when they present high res textures, you're basically gonna see marauder pvp set but completely red.

That would be my guess for WH marauder armor.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

CrazyAl
03.10.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
If you look at 1.2 trailer when they present high res textures, you're basically gonna see marauder pvp set but completely red.

That would be my guess for WH marauder armor.
its going to be the set it shows when they put all 4 base classes next to each other ... ya know, the part where they are showing off the new gear ...

the set in the high res texture preview is the current champ gear

both ACs from each base class have the same graphics on their tier armor

jugg and mara look the same

assassin and sorc look the same ... etc.

the only thing that changes is the color

why would they do it any differently in 1.2

jugg and mara armor will look the same, but different colors

if you watched the trailer you saw the marauder armor

but the real question is ... was that pve armor or pvp armor?

i like the warrior armor alot (helm was pretty ******) but im not a fan of cloaks
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers. -Thomas Jefferson
The key to decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. -Malcolm Gladwell

gibmachine
03.10.2012 , 03:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyAl View Post
its going to be the set it shows when they put all 4 base classes next to each other ... ya know, the part where they are showing off the new gear ...

the set in the high res texture preview is the current champ gear

both ACs from each base class have the same graphics on their tier armor

jugg and mara look the same

assassin and sorc look the same ... etc.

the only thing that changes is the color

why would they do it any differently in 1.2

jugg and mara armor will look the same, but different colors

if you watched the trailer you saw the marauder armor

but the real question is ... was that pve armor or pvp armor?

i like the warrior armor alot (helm was pretty ******) but im not a fan of cloaks
Except jugg pvp and marauder pvp armor don't look the same. Neither does the pve version.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

CrazyAl
03.10.2012 , 03:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
Except jugg pvp and marauder pvp armor don't look the same. Neither does the pve version.
miniscule differences in the patterns on the armor

in effect, they look the same

if they were the same color you couldnt pick out the differences unless you saw them side by side

the point is ... that set you see in the 1.2 preview video is pretty much exactly what both mara and jugg armor will look like

Carbonated
03.10.2012 , 03:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridisi View Post
hmmm not sure why the next guy said i was using sarcasm when I said that there is a wookie on lightside as a companion.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.