Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armstech and GTN

Stryges
03.09.2012 , 08:53 PM | #1
So, thought I would ask the few people who still have armstech what, if anything, they are selling on the GTN.

Right now I have 4 or 5 purple techblade recipes that I am selling, but it is hit or miss, and the other moron armstechs on my server have basically destroyed the market for those.

What about barrels? Are there any that are profitable?

What about particular levels of items? Anyone found a level range that is consistently profitable?
"I know some people want death to be super punishing, but short of creating a meta game where you strip your character naked and taser yourself when you die, this game won't provide a punishing death experience for you." - GZ

Dulwaithe
03.09.2012 , 09:24 PM | #2
Not armstech myself, but if you're Republic there should be a decent market for crafted techblades.
If there's one thing I'm known for, it's daring rescues. That, and impeccable timing. Snappy comebacks are a close third...

Daiyukie
03.09.2012 , 09:38 PM | #3
I sell low-level blue blasters for 1000 apiece (10-15 level range) and more recently blue level 41 Reflex Barrels for 6000 apiece, which is less than the default value that the game puts it at when I put it in market.

I haven't had any luck reverse engineering higher level guns for some reason, I'd like to be able to make some 40s-range purples but have yet to even get a blue schematic after ~40 green guns rev engineered.

kuey
03.09.2012 , 09:41 PM | #4
Aside from techblades and shotguns, the next best bet is aim barrels (not enough smugg/agent pop to sell very many skill barrels). Though be prepared to sell em for dirt cheap, otherwise no one will be bothered with em.

Grimgrey
03.09.2012 , 09:54 PM | #5
Techstaves will occasionally sell, but it's mostly Techblades. I've sold a few 30's and low 40's Aim barrels, but generally people don't want to pay enough to make it profitable selling anything but raw materials.

My hope is that the market for barrels will pick up considerably once the legacy system starts encouraging people to create new alts.

CompassRose
03.09.2012 , 10:20 PM | #6
Anything that is level 31 usually sells well.

Level 31 is about the level most players conclude act 1 of their story quest. It's also a good level to upgrade because the next available color crystal comes in at level 31, so you can do a complete tech refresh at that stage.

So I tend to sell a lot of goods centered around that level.

Other than that, I still sell purple barrels of grade 22 to keep me in the market.

downface
03.09.2012 , 10:20 PM | #7
On republic side, a friend of mine makes a killing with techblades. Only person on our server that seems serious about it. I don't think he sells any other armstech items.

Matty-Wan
03.10.2012 , 12:59 AM | #8
LOL TOR Crafting
Its Starwarsy and Iconic. RIP SWG

Stryges
03.10.2012 , 04:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
Anything that is level 31 usually sells well.

Level 31 is about the level most players conclude act 1 of their story quest. It's also a good level to upgrade because the next available color crystal comes in at level 31, so you can do a complete tech refresh at that stage.

So I tend to sell a lot of goods centered around that level.

Other than that, I still sell purple barrels of grade 22 to keep me in the market.
Good point on the level 31, I will keep that in mind.

I used to sell the grade 22 barrels, but the market is hit or miss with it. Also, the poster who pointed out that aim barrels were better had a good tip as well.
"I know some people want death to be super punishing, but short of creating a meta game where you strip your character naked and taser yourself when you die, this game won't provide a punishing death experience for you." - GZ

Shockazilla
03.10.2012 , 05:45 AM | #10
I think that barrels are the most useful at this moment with Armstech. Many toons have companions that need minor upgrades, but it is hit or miss with barrels. Certain levels they are the most attractive, other levels they are not. I guess it depends on the competition (which includes NPC badge venders). At level 50, barrels, especially purple ones would be interesting for those whose toons need them, and their companions.

My Marauder level 49, has an operative companion (so I need Cunning barrels) and an BH-like companion, which needs +Aim barrels. I will try to give them the best gear to make PvE questing easier.