Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

an experimental spec and boosting shock crits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
an experimental spec and boosting shock crits

kijthae
03.09.2012 , 07:08 PM | #1
My stats are

Willpower:1428
pvp damage boost:%12.08
Crit chance : %26.85
Surge:%72.36
Bonus force damage: 609

Im trying this spec just for fun purpose.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McrzzZhGrRkzrMt.1

Im using dark charge , my purpose is having cracking beasts (%50 more shock crit ) , energize (%100 shock crit chance and an other %50 more shock crit with recklessness )

My shock hits 4.5k as full deception. 3.5k with this spec. Im losing %30 shock damage from volcanic stash so a shock crit should be 3150. If i use recknessless shouldn't it be at at least 4700 due to %50 an other critical damage boost due to energize ? Maybe i did it wrong by stacking surge instead of power and it doesnt deal as high damage i expect due to caps ?

kijthae
03.10.2012 , 06:56 AM | #2
world is flat actually.

Ch_Zero
03.10.2012 , 01:39 PM | #3
you use both surging and dark charge in your rotation???

0_0

kijthae
03.10.2012 , 03:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
you use both surging and dark charge in your rotation???

0_0
american?

Xancath
03.10.2012 , 05:51 PM | #5
What he means is that you CAN'T benefit from induction (3rd tier) in the deception tree UNLESS you're in surging charge. This is a change from 1.1.2 I think. Making the three talent points you've invested there entirely pointless.

As for your inquiries about surge etc, surge only hits heavy DR after about 73% so you're in the clear. As for why shock is hitting harder as full deception rather than your spec is because voltaic is applied after multipliers where as the recklessness boost from energize is applied before.

ie:

Let's say your shock hits for 1000 damage.

Full deception: (220% x 1000) x 130% = 2860
Your spec: 270% x 1000 = 2700

Why is this? Probably because voltaic is procced where as the other multipliers are considered innate. Furthermore, you may not be factoring in several things; tank assassins/consulers get an innate 10% reduction on elemental/internal damage, their respective class buffs give another 10%. And the targets you were testing your damage on may or may not have had expertise.

Even if your shock hit harder as the experimental spec, the damage the spec would put out would still be inferior to deception(surging charge IS substantial damage, people don't usually recognize this), darkness(harnessed darkness), or madness(crazy high damage). In addition, you'd only be slightly less squishy than deception but have none of the utility or self healing of either darkness or madness.

Ch_Zero
03.13.2012 , 09:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xancath View Post
What he means is that you CAN'T benefit from induction (3rd tier) in the deception tree UNLESS you're in surging charge. This is a change from 1.1.2 I think. Making the three talent points you've invested there entirely pointless.

As for your inquiries about surge etc, surge only hits heavy DR after about 73% so you're in the clear. As for why shock is hitting harder as full deception rather than your spec is because voltaic is applied after multipliers where as the recklessness boost from energize is applied before.

ie:

Let's say your shock hits for 1000 damage.

Full deception: (220% x 1000) x 130% = 2860
Your spec: 270% x 1000 = 2700

Why is this? Probably because voltaic is procced where as the other multipliers are considered innate. Furthermore, you may not be factoring in several things; tank assassins/consulers get an innate 10% reduction on elemental/internal damage, their respective class buffs give another 10%. And the targets you were testing your damage on may or may not have had expertise.

Even if your shock hit harder as the experimental spec, the damage the spec would put out would still be inferior to deception(surging charge IS substantial damage, people don't usually recognize this), darkness(harnessed darkness), or madness(crazy high damage). In addition, you'd only be slightly less squishy than deception but have none of the utility or self healing of either darkness or madness.
Thank you for explaining, was difficult to put into words.

Why was i called american? :O

cadgar
03.13.2012 , 09:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
Why was i called american? :O
he basicly asked if you're stupid but he didnt want to get a warning on the forums

Ch_Zero
03.13.2012 , 09:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cadgar View Post
he basicly asked if you're stupid but he didnt want to get a warning on the forums
Looks like it backfired, because it was a valid concern.

Wrathoran
03.13.2012 , 10:28 AM | #9
usually people that insult on forum are what they insult. Someone calling another one an idiot is usually the idiot.

Dont get bothered by it. I like people who try different stuff and try to find the best out of a class. Working? Not Working? its all for the fun and getting better.

People who take time to log on the forum ,search the post and insult are the one that are the "american"

Pwnyride
03.13.2012 , 11:42 AM | #10
I agree that we shouldn't insult people whom are actually giving an effort to create new and fun ways to build a class aside from the boring cookie cutter builds.

He is being ridiculed because of the fact that it is absolutly impossible for this build to work due to the fact that you cannot be in surging charge and darkcharge at the same time which would be a requirement for this build to work and utilize all points spent.

If you enjoy this build by all means rock it. Its just that some of the points are un-utilized due to that you are using darkcharge instead of surging charge causing shocks to be much more force costly and a reduced amount of overall dmg by losing surging charge's very modest discharge dmg.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀]╬[Pwnyride]╬{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)