Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Thanaton (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Darth Thanaton (Spoilers)

DoctorWango
03.09.2012 , 05:15 PM | #1
Was this impossibly hard for anyone else? I interrupt when ever its off cooldown, and i dodge his force storm when ever he is channeling it, yet i only get him to 60% health and i die. It's very obnoxious the 4th time around.

rorelgon
03.09.2012 , 05:54 PM | #2
I am not sure how you are specced but i completed the final fight at level 48 heal specced.
All my fights are amazingly long with a heal sorcerer but i found i hardly ever die. when i do, its because i wasnt paying attention.
I use khem and keep him healed, burn my health for power and keep an eye out for free health burns when i have them. Throw in a DOT and a stun every time its needed and an AOE HOT on khem to keep him up while i am throwing a dot.
Its not an easy fight but very doable.Long but doable.
Old Gamer? Not the oldest anymore.

The first generation of gamers? That sounds better.
Hey, werent we supposed to get dumber playing vidiot games?

Qaoz
03.09.2012 , 10:14 PM | #3
You may want to not put spoilers in the thread title.

Ampistie
03.10.2012 , 12:06 PM | #4
I went in this at level 47, Madness spec, and thought it was a joke. Once you learn that all he does is cast Affliction Pit, followed by Revivification, it gets simple...

Nythain
03.11.2012 , 03:21 PM | #5
pretty simple really. dodge the offensive stuff, interrupt the heals, dead thanaton.

AetherMcLoud
03.12.2012 , 01:49 AM | #6
Killed him as a 49 Assassin tank with Ashara, never dropped below 90% health. Easy fight.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Rhaphael
03.12.2012 , 06:00 AM | #7
Fought him as tank spec with Talos healing, level 50 (it's too easy to level in this game so was already 50 most of the way through Corellia). Got him down to about 50%, apparently I slacked then as he somehow healed almost all the way back up, so I pushed through harder and he died. Still took only 1 try though.

Ketsuekifujo
03.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ampistie View Post
I went in this at level 47, Madness spec, and thought it was a joke. Once you learn that all he does is cast Affliction Pit, followed by Revivification, it gets simple...
I agree with this assessment, i soloed it with talos as a 46 madness spec sin in lvl 40 pvp gear set, avoid his big casts and attack when you can get a clean line.... ended the fight with 98% health.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie - Through pie I gain calories - Through calories I gain fat - Through fat my belt shall be broken - The recliner will free me.

MCOriginal
03.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ketsuekifujo View Post
I agree with this assessment, i soloed it with talos as a 46 madness spec sin in lvl 40 pvp gear set, avoid his big casts and attack when you can get a clean line.... ended the fight with 98% health.
This! Finished Thanaton at level 46 on my first try without breaking a sweat. Don't understand what's the big deal about him.

jkcheng
03.12.2012 , 10:17 AM | #10
To answer the OP's questoin in two words: Use Talos.

As for the guy who had 90% health remaining using Ashara, I find that very hard to believe.

Title isn't that much of a spoiler imo. As soon as you meet him in the story you know it's coming down to him being the final battle.