Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parents and Kids playing?

Dragkun
03.09.2012 , 11:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCernbade View Post
I have two sons, ages 6 and 11 and they both play. As the matter of fact they both have alts, play PvP, and understand quite a bit about how to advance with their characters. My oldest son has a lvl 25 BH Merc and a lvl 32 Commando, my 6 year old has a lvl 15 BH Merc and a lvl 12 Sith Warrior. A funny thing happened once SWTOR was installed, my wife began playing and she is right on my heels with her lvl 40 Assassin! It's hard to find time for me to play my only toon, a lvl 41 Marauder. We are a SWTOR kind of family, I guess.
That is AWESOME! My wife gave up on MMOs after WoW.

XLJedi
03.09.2012 , 11:23 AM | #22
Glad to see this post!

Yes, my 13yr old son and I play together almost every night.

We really would like to form our own little guild of parents/kids playing together, but our server is pretty low pop right now (Axial Park, East Coast).

If there is another parent/child team out there that's interested in a child-friendly guild please PM me. We have 2 accounts, so we just need one more parent/child team with 2 accounts to form our own guild.

We also run our own TeamSpeak server so we can talk to each other while playing. If you don't know anything about using headsets I can help.

Dragkun
03.09.2012 , 11:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by XLJedi View Post
Glad to see this post!

Yes, my 13yr old son and I play together almost every night.

We really would like to form our own little guild of parents/kids playing together, but our server is pretty low pop right now (Axial Park, East Coast).
That's exactly what my son wants to create. He's been telling or trying to sell me on creating out own guild. Unfortunately we are on a different server (Jung Ma).

Jaksith
03.09.2012 , 11:36 AM | #24
My 12-year old daughter plays, although sparingly - she actually plays WoW more than SW. We had a deal on grades last year and she got her own WoW account.

My 8-year old boy plays, but haven't gotten him his own account. He has a level 15 Jedi Knight as he kept pushing me to help him get his ship. Now he pretty much just does space missions, but he likes starting new characters too, so he has about 3-4 guys between level 5 and 10. He likes the cinematic and playstyle stuff, but he's not to the point where he focuses on questing - usually thats when he calls me to tell him where he needs to go and what to do.

Suepy
03.09.2012 , 10:19 PM | #25
My 17 year old son plays, but on a different server (he likes RP, I do not). We've been gaming together (former WoW players) since he was 12. I love it when he runs into my office all excited about a piece of gear or something.

Cindron
03.10.2012 , 12:43 PM | #26
I have 3 sons who are 13, 19, and 21. Every Thursday we log on skype and a character we only use on that day. We talk about real life and have fun playing. Since we are always grouped we have some pretty serious social points lol.
It is easy to be brave from a distance.

Belly
03.10.2012 , 12:50 PM | #27
I think it's great that so many families play the game together I remember playing games with my dad. I'd usually win the fighter games, mortal kombat was my fav, but he would destroy me in all the sports games, lol
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Koalachan
03.10.2012 , 03:20 PM | #28
My guild has 3 father/son pairs playing. All the sons are 18+, so that gives you some indication of the fathers.

Lunazen
03.10.2012 , 10:50 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by spcdog View Post
My 4 1/2 year old flys my space combat dailies before bedtime, while I'm doing the dishes. Whicih says something about the "accessibility" of the space combat in this game, but that's for another discussion.

I do feel a bit dirty about it sometimes though, in a Chinese gold farming camp taskmaster sort of way.

LOL this is awesome

I have two kids. One is 20, the other will be 13 soon. Both have accounts. They don't play too often as they prefer console games/XBox Live, but we have a group we level together and they have a pair they play together. They both also played SWG, EQ2, Guild Wars and Champions, and tried out very briefly Conan, Warhammer, WoW and Rift.

Love this thread. In other games I noticed a lot of berating going on if parents let their kids play. Glad to see the opposite in this thread
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

ahnog
03.11.2012 , 05:54 AM | #30
I'm 55 and my 30 year old son and I play.
Ahnog
Hokey religions can't replace a good blaster at your side