Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax
12.13.2011 , 10:54 PM | #1
Closing Remarks: I had a lot of fun keeping this thread up to date through Early Access waves. Made time fly at work. If you aren't in yet, you will be soon. If you pre-ordered and registered before December 14th and can't get in, contact Customer Support ASAP. Thanks to everyone who message'd me showing their appreciation for the thread. I know I didn't respond to all of you, but thanks.

Few of my opinions on getting the most out of early access:
Don't pick servers that are Heavy or higher in population during non-primetime (outside of 4PM - 11PM CST). These servers will be loaded after everyone is in for EGA and especially after launch. This is assuming you don't have friend/guild obligations of course.

Make a character on 3-4 lower pop servers (standard and below during down-time, heavy and below during primetime) so that if your "main" has a server with massive queues after the 20th, you have a backup to play if you want.

Thanks again for the criticism AND praise.

Feel free to hit me up in game:

Aurinax, Imperial side; Server "Saber of Exar Kun."
Calar, Republic; Server "Belgoth's Beacon
Zhade, Imperial; "The Corsair"
Ankai, Imperial; "Kinrath Spider" server.

(Courtesy of user "master_tarix"): When you post that you've been invited, please do so by copying and pasting the line from "MY Account" -> Code Redemption that reads like this:

12.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Note: The line that reads something like "12.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch" is irrelevant, please don't include it. The one that says PATCH doesn't mean anything. Only the one that says Pre-order and the one that says "ready to play" matter.

[B]07/21-08/15 - In for Early Access! - (12/13-12/14)
08/16-09/05 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)
09/06-09/25 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)
09/26-10/15 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/15)
10/16-11/05 - In for Early Access! - (12/15-12/15)
11/06-11/25 - In for Early Access! - (12/15-12/15)
11/26-Present - Invites in progress! - Dec. 16th, 1:33 PM CST: Looks like they have people in up through all of December 14th pre-orders. Play button: check it.

To be more specific about the above format:

Left Column = An approximately 20 day timeframe during which your pre-order code was registered for your SWTOR account.

Middle Column = The status of the corresponding timeframe's Early Game Access invites
-Waiting = No one from this timeframe has received an invite yet
-Invites in progress! = Someone from this timeframe has received an invite.
-In for Early Access! = Everyone in this 20 day timeframe has received an invite.

Right Column = The day the group's invites started, and the day the group's invites completed, in mm/dd format (mm/dd-mm/dd)

-The GOAL here is to give people a rough idea when they might get in (Yes, being a december 1st pre-order registrar, I have a soft spot for us!) based on already invited pre-orders, not speculation.

With only a FEW decent souls willing to sacrifice a few seconds after they get in to come and let us know that they're in, when they got in, and when they pre-ordered, we will have a good idea about whether or not they are attempting to increase the amount of people they let in over the next few days!

-Keep this thread on page 1. I promise it will be more useful than it looks right now.-

-Sincerely,
Just another devoted MMO and Star Wars fan who waited too long to pre-order.

EDIT: The only assumption I'm making here that could be potentially flawed is that once someone who pre-ordered on the last day of a 20 day period (for example october 15th) gets invited, that time period is finished being invited.

LexiCazam
12.16.2011 , 09:44 AM | #2
Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you and enjoy the discussion!

Sumela
12.16.2011 , 09:49 AM | #3
From seeing how things went yesterday. This my guess. Just a guess. They stopped with Dec 7th. Not sure if it was half the day or what. This is what I am thinking.

Wave 1: Rest of Dec 7th if any are left, first half of Dec 8th.

Wave 2: Rest of Dec 8th, part of Dec 9th.

Wave 3: Rest of Dec 9th, part of Dec 10th.

Wave 4: Rest of Dec 10th, part of the 11th.

Bonus wave is any: The rest spaced like above.

This is going off what was seen from yesterday as soon as December was hit. Seems a lot of people myself included got screwed over in Pre Access codes from retailers. Biggest one being Gamestop. Then they finally got there code the week of Dec 5th. While the actual number of pre orders are low, the redemption of the codes are very high spike like the first two days of July. This is just my opinion on the waves.

soulowolf
12.16.2011 , 09:50 AM | #4
Thank you for moving the post instead of just locking it.

ApocalypseBunny
12.16.2011 , 09:51 AM | #5
We cried so much we broke the original.....
I do not hate people.....just humanity.

Jenovan
12.16.2011 , 09:52 AM | #6
Wow! A new thread, finally.

Quote: Originally Posted by Brene
Stephen Reid @Rockjaw 4m

@JustWink729 We're not inviting pre-orders by date redeemed, it's a number. We should have you in today.

O RLY
Pretty sure he means they're not looking at dates, they're looking at order of redemption, and inviting x number of people at a time. (I.e., "I redeemed on Dec. 8, so did my friend, he's in and I'm not, wryyyyyy"). Hard to tell what he was replying to from the original comment, though.

Zantoba
12.16.2011 , 09:53 AM | #7
/bumpfest-McBumperton-ness
"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ."
Christian in real life, but ruthless Bounty Hunter in game.
Smackin' round Jedi. FOR CREDITS!

MarrowVar
12.16.2011 , 09:54 AM | #8
Anyone seen any official posts about the 9AM CST wave, or do they not post until the beginning of hour after?

JackKarrde
12.16.2011 , 09:54 AM | #9
We broke the original thread. Man, that's cool.

Sarinthal
12.16.2011 , 09:55 AM | #10
Am I missing something or has it been nearly 2 hours since the last wave?
Watching twitter and forums religiously, I may be blind. . .

I still think staggering was a great idea, just needed to be done over like 5-10 hours not 5-10 days.
American by birth, gamer by choice .