red goo

Macabakur

why is it in every recipe 45 +? (not every, but 5-6 of the 45-49 recipes I have) seems like it's in everything, skill stim, fort stim, medpac, every implant, might stim, adrenals. why? it's a serious burden to have to keep farming for one mat when I have tons of others, but I don't use them because every recipe is focused on this one thing. doesn't really make sense..

Its because red goo is insanly easy to find. All creature mobs from Belsaliv/Corelia/Voss/Ilum drop red goo. And the Red tendril that are on all those planets too they drop red goo.

Its hard to find cause there are only 2 missions in the tier 5 mission sets that will yield it but being that its a compound and 2 other lvl 5 compounds can be yielded as well its not the best way to get them. I can easy farm over 100 units in an hour or less.

And they are selling for around 2,000credits per unit on my server as well.

If it was really that easy to find, there would be a whole lot more of it available on GTN and the prices would drop. The problem may not be the number of things that drop it, but the number of items that drop when it's dropped.

Yet another example of crafting being unbalanced. Tons of useless raw materials and good schematics almost all gated by a single resource.

Haha ya dude I think I have a bit under 400 of those, along with 12 red goo haha. Oh, I did hit 50 and ended up doing some of the belsavis bonus. There were some in that area, but it still doesn't make much sense for a 41-48 mat to be in a level 50 only area.. The thing is, I need more goo so I can make adrenals and stims for my tanks in the op tonight. I should be ok i think.. Ill have about 2 hours to farm and craft the 8 blues ill need. But the point is, I could definitely see a grade 6 compound being the crux of all these recipes, it's just strange that my level 49 implants take a level 48 at highest material. Really needs to be changed to that 6 compound.

On a random and, only partly connected idea to this, I've been reading and looking at articles and some sits about swtor's possible failure. I've heard stories of people getting frustrated by these small oversights that the dev's don't want to fix or explain the reasons for. I really hope they understand that we're the important ones, the people like me who are past our month free and are paying a monthly (trimonthly for me) fee. I really love this game but small stuff like this starts to add up and take away the joy from the gaming experience. Fix what we hate or explain why stuff is a certain way. Transparency with its target demographic, a.k.a us. Could be the biggest thing that decides whether "SW:TOR" will be an "MMO" that lasts the test of time or just another AoC. Which would be really tragic, because I love this game so far. Just man, fix this stupid small ****. Or at least let me or my other biotech constituents why we're farming grade 5 mats for 48-49 stuff.. What I'm saying is throw us a f'ing bone bioware. I bet we'll bite heh. Wow, as that ended up being really long heh. I do get 1.2 is coming but there's little stuff they could do now besides make us a "useful" but frivolous roller social, ffs.

Sorry crew skills board, I think it does correlate though, as a lot of people's issues are around the crafting system. Hope that wasn't a snore fest haha

And p.s as I said a couple times I really, really like this game heh. It's a really magical and amazing world. So kudos to them for making such fascinating environs. There's just a couple basic "MMO" principles that need to have the kinks worked out, or at least that's what I think.

Edited by Macabakur

I found a great spot to farm red goo all day long.

Neurochemical extract is the harder to find Biochem mat IMO

Ogod! where??!!? Person from a different server! Learn me with your wisdom! Seriously, I need this stuff heh.

Hrmm.. I think I got a decent amount of neuro extract.. It doesn't seem to be in all that much. Or, maybe it's just a manageable amount per.. Not sure, it's never been an issue don't think.. That's one of the 6 comp's right? Honestly, for me I wouldn't mind a long to farm mat if it made sense to the level req. of the item, ya know? I have 2 blue 49 implants and they each take 6 of the goo's. It's not a huge thing or anything but it just creates unneeded tension to the items that actually are in its 41-48 mat requirement.

Edited by Macabakur