Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queue growing and growing and growing...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk
12.16.2011 , 09:40 AM | #1
Greetings.

My question is, Legions of Lettow is completely jammed. At the moment the usual is to wait 40~80 minutes to enter, it's unacceptable.

Is BW going to do some kind of improvements on this server (and other crowded servers)?

Because I don't feel like leaving PC on 1 hour before I ever think to play.

Kind regards
Balance between the force

Grombol
12.16.2011 , 09:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RuiMilk View Post
Greetings.

My question is, Legions of Lettow is completely jammed. At the moment the usual is to wait 40~80 minutes to enter, it's unacceptable.

Is BW going to do some kind of improvements on this server (and other crowded servers)?

Because I don't feel like leaving PC on 1 hour before I ever think to play.

Kind regards
Yes. It's bloody annoying. They need to make it so only the people originally deployed can stay on it. _
▂ ▃ ▅ Unknowable Elite ▅ ▃ ▂
In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice !

| Website | | Forums | | Recruitment | | SWTOR Thread |

Daeborn
12.16.2011 , 09:44 AM | #3
They are adding more resources over the next week or so to allow more users on the servers. Have patients. It does suck but you're logging in at peak hours which doesn't help. And remember, this is early access, not launch. People screamed loud and they allowed more than they were planning to stagger in. That's the double edge sword of complaining. Ask and you shall receive.

Galle
12.16.2011 , 09:45 AM | #4
80min aint even much , change server. If its long for your it must be the first mmorpg launch for you.

Grombol
12.16.2011 , 09:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeborn View Post
They are adding more resources over the next week or so to allow more users on the servers. Have patients. It does suck but you're logging in at peak hours which doesn't help. And remember, this is early access, not launch. People screamed loud and they allowed more than they were planning to stagger in. That's the double edge sword of complaining. Ask and you shall receive.
"Peak hours"? I've been logged in since 7am this morning.

I just had my internet laugh at me then cut off. Plus, the kids should be at school. So hardly peak.
▂ ▃ ▅ Unknowable Elite ▅ ▃ ▂
In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice !

| Website | | Forums | | Recruitment | | SWTOR Thread |

Vinge
12.16.2011 , 09:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeborn View Post
It's not even close to peak hours yet in the EU - but already loads of servers are full with queues.

Amdramnar
12.16.2011 , 09:49 AM | #7
Not only will they add resources as needed, but they probably set the max user artifically low at first. Let the server fill up and watch the performance. If things are performing well, they will increase the max users (probably several times each day).

If there is a performance issue, they work it fix it without the servers crashing continuously. This is the first time they are able to put a real world load on these servers so the early adopter time allows them to ramp up the number of users.

It probably also help distrubute people among the server by having some create characters on different servers when some are HIGH or FULL.
Amdramnar shot first!

Daeborn
12.16.2011 , 09:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Grombol View Post
"Peak hours"? I've been logged in since 7am this morning.

I just had my internet laugh at me then cut off. Plus, the kids should be at school. So hardly peak.
Yes, imagine that. Legions of Lettow - Full, PVP US server. East coast or West, you choose one of the highest demand servers. If you don't like it there's 90% of the servers showing a lot less. And today is expected to be a huge day as a lot of users took vacation to play.

Get over it.

Ragonzul
12.16.2011 , 09:50 AM | #9
The problem and great annoyance with the queueing is that: I didnt choose this server, it was chosen through guild deployment.

I would have chosen a low populated server if it wasnt for my firends and guildies.

I just hope BW is working with a group transfer, divide the server or something simmilar to ease the pressure from the servers that are overpopulated.

Rustweaver
12.16.2011 , 09:50 AM | #10
LoL and ToFN were the two prime settlements for PVP in the EU servers. If I am not mistaken, this was determined even before the EA began. This is why some of the larger queue times and most frequent posts are from these two servers.

Busy server is busy at the moment. Either wait and see if BW raises the cap or find a new home.

Either way, the queue time you are getting now will look much better once the rest of the EA members are let in, the 20th release date, and Christmas push arrive at which point it will likely get even higher unless, as stated, BW raises the cap to diminish the queue time.

Right now, they are likely observing which servers will be required to do so and will adjust accordingly.