Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whatever you do, please don't add a LFG system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Whatever you do, please don't add a LFG system

desricambria
03.15.2012 , 01:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by donkeykongjr View Post
Right, cause looking at the fact that it takes 2 weeks to go from level 1, to Heroic raids with everything handed to you along the way isn't looking through rose tinted glasses right? What do you do with a game that lasts 2 weeks? you play through it, and you quit because you didn't have any challenge and there is nothing left for you to do. What happens with a game that takes you 4 months, blood, sweat, and tears? you play it a lot longer and by then a content patch comes out, extending the game, or you play it over because it was challenging and exciting.
I see both sides of this but what you are missing is that most people want to be able to enjoy the content and cant do it because there simply isnt enough people around as they are leveling to run the missions. Sure some people will take advantge of the tool and spam it to level but if thats how they want to play thier game let them. If you dont belive in using the tool, dont. I think most people will use it simply as a means to run the missions and quests they get while leveling. This isnt wow or any other game. This game plays more like a story driven rpg and most people dont want to ruin that story by leveling to 50 in 2 days. Instead they want to enjoy the story and use any tool that can help then see all the content.

Vierozek
03.15.2012 , 01:47 PM | #12
On populated servers (not Heavy even, just standard) it usually takes me like, 20 minutes tops (while I'm doing something else inbetween) to find a group. But this LFG system would really help on really light servers (I just want a server transfer feature). Where I've literally not done a Heroics 4 in weeks because I cannot find anyone else to play. I shouldn't have to actively search for a guild to do this, plus I rarely like most of the people in the guild anyways, I like being able to just group up with people and add them if I liked questing with them, or just part our ways after a good mission. This is my first MMO, so I cannot compare my experiences to WoW.

Play on a server where sometimes you are the only one of 4 on a planet at certain hours (and the others are way up or below you in levels), then say that an LFG system would ruin it. I shouldn't have to organize with a guild in out-of-game content to be able to enjoy in-game content.

T__T
03.15.2012 , 02:30 PM | #13
I want an LFG system.
If you don't want to use an LFG system for whatever reason, then don't. Just because there's an LFG system, doesn't mean you can't form your own groups.
GG sir

Chimele
03.15.2012 , 02:50 PM | #14
I've found that being flexible in WHAT FPs I'll do nets me more runs - at cap, I don't mind doing any HMs, and whilst levelling I'll do anything within a 5-6 level range of myself. It makes it a lot easier.

Being proactive isn't a bad idea either. E.g., whispering people at the fleet who have the LFG icon to see if they'll join your group. The worst they can say is no. I did similar in vanilla wow and didn't have too much difficulty getting groups together.

People are so used to seeing spam that it just isn't an effective way to form groups imho.

saviorez
03.15.2012 , 02:57 PM | #15
LFG system can be a good thing for server with low population. But if if they don't do it like WOW we will be okay. Here what they can do make it where it groups you up but won't instantly teleported you there. in conclusion LFG can be a good thing if they do it right.

Bioware i say you should release LFG when you cross server systems works.

Ohnoto
03.15.2012 , 03:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by saviorez View Post
LFG system can be a good thing for server with low population. But if if they don't do it like WOW we will be okay. Here what they can do make it where it groups you up but won't instantly teleported you there. in conclusion LFG can be a good thing if they do it right.

Bioware i say you should release LFG when you cross server systems works.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohnoto View Post
Announced this week, LFG system coming in Patch 1.3 that will be single server only.
Stated early in this thread.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

theadjectivenoun
03.15.2012 , 03:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Slipfeed View Post
Guilds should not be gateways to content.
sadly enough...the only way to see content is through guilds.

Ohnoto
03.15.2012 , 03:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
It's not really "sad". This is a multi-player game, it is meant to be played with others. The normal / story mode of operations is meant to be "PUGable".

We have several in our guild that are just hitting level 50, we have one night a week where we do normal operations to allow them to get in and see the content / get gear.

Last night we had to PUG a player. We cleared the operation in 2 hours, including having to go out and reset the operation once, and killing Soa when we were missing half of the floor during Phase 2.

Guilds are amazing and great to be in, and this game should support guilds more. MMOs should not be played by logging in, clicking a button, going to an operation / raid with people you don't know and then able to kill bosses with little to no coordination.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

SkuzBukit
03.15.2012 , 03:36 PM | #19
Why on earth would it make sense to anyone to not want a feature that others would find useful & helpful to their game experience, just because you used to walk uphill in the snow backwards carrying 240lb of coal to school every morning doesn't mean everyone else should have to go through that same experience.

If you don't like using a LFG tool, guess what, you don't have to, nobody is forcing you to, you can do it the hard way if that's what floats your boat.

Everquest had a good LFG system, not seen a better one yet.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

SkuzBukit
03.15.2012 , 03:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
No, no it isn't.

My guild have basically all left the game but I continue on hoping they'll return in 1.2 & I've found plenty to do since & got into several raids ran by other guilds, as long as you are not acting the fool & get along with other players you can easily carve out a niche as the "backup" guy they call on, Have completed my operation weeklies every week without fail so far.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21