Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whatever you do, please don't add a LFG system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Whatever you do, please don't add a LFG system

donkeykongjr
03.08.2012 , 05:57 PM | #1
So I know a lot of people have been asking for a LFG system, but I implore BioArts to not incorporate one into the game. I still to this day believe the LFG system is what caused the downfall in the WOW community. Back before the LFG system was in place, everyone knew who the "ninjas" were on the server, guilds were large, and people played with and got to know each other. You did dungeons, raid, got attuned together, and now you log on for 2 hours a week to do your LFR run where you need on everything you can (because you can) and log off. All accountability has been lost in WOW, and I fear a similar system would have a similar outcome in this game too.

Please don't make the entire community suffer, due to the 10% who don't take initiative to be in active guilds, yet complain that they can't find anyone to do Flashpoints with.

To those of you who scream you need a button that puts you in a queue, you DO NOT! What you need an active guild and you won't even need to wait the 20 minutes the LFG system would take.

mrfoughtforever
03.08.2012 , 06:24 PM | #2
Spending two or three hours looking for a group in vanilla WoW wasn't fun and it's not any more fun in this game.

Deirhese
03.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #3
Not everyone has an active guild with members on at any given time of the day. Even a same server LFG tool would help.

Ohnoto
03.08.2012 , 06:40 PM | #4
Not another one of these threads...

Announced this week, LFG system coming in Patch 1.3 that will be single server only.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

donkeykongjr
03.08.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
Spending two or three hours looking for a group in vanilla WoW wasn't fun and it's not any more fun in this game.
Join an active guild

As far as "can't be part of an active guild", that's you just not looking deep enough.

ZORG
03.08.2012 , 08:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by donkeykongjr View Post
So I know a lot of people have been asking for a LFG system, but I implore BioArts to not incorporate one into the game. I still to this day believe the LFG system is what caused the downfall in the WOW community. Back before the LFG system was in place, everyone knew who the "ninjas" were on the server, guilds were large, and people played with and got to know each other. You did dungeons, raid, got attuned together, and now you log on for 2 hours a week to do your LFR run where you need on everything you can (because you can) and log off. All accountability has been lost in WOW, and I fear a similar system would have a similar outcome in this game too.

Please don't make the entire community suffer, due to the 10% who don't take initiative to be in active guilds, yet complain that they can't find anyone to do Flashpoints with.

To those of you who scream you need a button that puts you in a queue, you DO NOT! What you need an active guild and you won't even need to wait the 20 minutes the LFG system would take.
So why not have it so the LFG system just forms and ports the group to the NPC or terminal to get said quest. Afterwich if there is someone in the group you dont like you can vote to boot them. This requires 3 votes....

This way if i am on corellia and your on the station i can join ya and be warped to you and then we go into the mission like normal...
Fear leads to Anger
Anger leads to hate
HATE leads to suffering

Slipfeed
03.09.2012 , 12:14 AM | #7
Guilds should not be gateways to content.

Rock_Spider
03.09.2012 , 12:26 AM | #8
I have no wish to be part of a guild. Im enjoying the game quite fine with a friend of mine just levelling along. Maybe Ill join a guild at some later stage, but that shouldnt mean I cant do content now just because Im not ready to join a guild yet.

Why do people always have to be so shortsighted and not consider that there are actually people who play games completely differently to themselves? I actually enjoy playing with random people Ive just met in a group. That is how you meet new people....

Metaspark
03.09.2012 , 01:35 AM | #9
"LFG system caused WoW's community downfall, vanilla was better!"

drop the rose tinted glasses, take another look at things, and tell me sitting around the fleet spamming general for hours is fun

Quote: Originally Posted by Slipfeed View Post
Guilds should not be gateways to content.
this

donkeykongjr
03.15.2012 , 01:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Metaspark View Post
"LFG system caused WoW's community downfall, vanilla was better!"

drop the rose tinted glasses, take another look at things, and tell me sitting around the fleet spamming general for hours is fun

this
Right, cause looking at the fact that it takes 2 weeks to go from level 1, to Heroic raids with everything handed to you along the way isn't looking through rose tinted glasses right? What do you do with a game that lasts 2 weeks? you play through it, and you quit because you didn't have any challenge and there is nothing left for you to do. What happens with a game that takes you 4 months, blood, sweat, and tears? you play it a lot longer and by then a content patch comes out, extending the game, or you play it over because it was challenging and exciting.