Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Loot Distribution Method?

jessebyers
03.08.2012 , 03:05 PM | #1
Hi,

A bunch of pretty well geared players on my server have come together and started a new guild. We did EV Hard last night and were planning on using DKP like we have in other MMOs in the past. However, we noticed that DKP might not be the best method for this game. Since the gear is so class specific we ran into certain classes spending min dkp for pants while some had to spend their max dkp for the same item on a different class. I know i could get around this by assigning item values, but we wanted to do a silent bid system.

Can people give me some ideas of the system they use? Loot ladder? Suicide DKP? Loot Council? I just want to develop a fair easy system that will work well with SWTOR. If there was more loot that was useful to more than one class it would make my DKP system easier to use but it's not the case. I feel that if I stay with DKP i need to have a master loot list and assign each item a value. If I do that, how should I break ties? Just /roll ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've googled and googled and googled and still can't find a good answer.

Resallaprov
03.08.2012 , 03:10 PM | #2
We've used Officer loot council for MMOs for over 7 years. As long as you've got good people in charge, it's a pretty simple distribution method.

We also have our ranks separated by how devoted they are to playing. Raiders get priority over casuals.

DarthBloodloss
03.08.2012 , 03:12 PM | #3
we do this too ^^^
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Bruteuus
03.08.2012 , 03:13 PM | #4
The only loot that more than one class uses is relics. At the rate you acquire gear in this game i cant see a reason for not rolling on loot unless people keep quitting and leaving your group. My guild just rolls and the only people who aren't full rakata are the ones who get shafted by a lack of any drops.

Ruuprect
03.08.2012 , 03:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jessebyers View Post
Hi,

A bunch of pretty well geared players on my server have come together and started a new guild. We did EV Hard last night and were planning on using DKP like we have in other MMOs in the past. However, we noticed that DKP might not be the best method for this game. Since the gear is so class specific we ran into certain classes spending min dkp for pants while some had to spend their max dkp for the same item on a different class. I know i could get around this by assigning item values, but we wanted to do a silent bid system.

Can people give me some ideas of the system they use? Loot ladder? Suicide DKP? Loot Council? I just want to develop a fair easy system that will work well with SWTOR. If there was more loot that was useful to more than one class it would make my DKP system easier to use but it's not the case. I feel that if I stay with DKP i need to have a master loot list and assign each item a value. If I do that, how should I break ties? Just /roll ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've googled and googled and googled and still can't find a good answer.
We just /roll. Or use need/greed and everybody is on the honor system. DKP is a waste of time with how easy it is to gear up in hard modes. There are usually 2-3 drops of the same thing on most bosses and everyone gets what they need anyway.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Zinaire
03.08.2012 , 07:28 PM | #6
8 person raids, 2 items drop per boss. Ideal drops, 4 weeks for everyone to get their gear.

Loot council works best simply because if you do the content for any amount of time with the same people, everyone gets their full set fairly quickly. 16 man is just as easy as I'm assuming 4 items drop per boss. DKP is only useful when you're dealing with over 20 people or class stacking.
Kridara 50 Medicine Operative

Ashen Order - Begeren Colony

K_Schrimer
03.08.2012 , 08:06 PM | #7
Master looter is broken. You get screwed out of loot if you use it.

1. We put the settings on the normal NB4G setting
2. Only the raid leader will loot.
3. Everyone has to turn off auto loot just in case.
4. The leader picks up one item at a time (so roll timer doesnt start on everything)
5. We roll on each item; greed is for companions, need if you need, and pass if you dont have a companion that can use it.

We have geared up our whole 16 man group and 2 seperate 8 mans. (and our companions are getting close to full rakata now too)

We 'semi loot-council' on some items where the guild leader will say something like the tank needs this item guys please let him need it. Since we are a tight nit guild this desont cause any issues.
This isn't the signature you are looking for.

WELCOME-THRILLHO
03.09.2012 , 03:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by K_Schrimer View Post
Master looter is broken. You get screwed out of loot if you use it.
Master looter was fixed in 1.1.5.

K_Schrimer
03.09.2012 , 06:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WELCOME-THRILLHO View Post
Master looter was fixed in 1.1.5.
Was it actually fixed? I havenít tested it yet.
This isn't the signature you are looking for.

Mavery
03.09.2012 , 06:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by K_Schrimer View Post
Was it actually fixed? I havenít tested it yet.
Yes it was actually fixed.