Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best class for beginners.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best class for beginners.

Neptune
12.16.2011 , 09:19 AM | #1
State your best opinion for class with your honest opinion or experience preferably. This is important for newbies that wanted to know.

I think Smuggler is a good beginners class.

Also if you wish to answer more truthfully. Please go to Hardest class to play. and answer there with your honest opinion or experience.

Gelos
12.16.2011 , 12:56 PM | #2
The Smuggler is complicated by the Stealth mechanic, so it's not hte best class for a beginner.

The best class for a beginner in my view is the Trooper/Commando/Gunnery build.

You have ranged attacks which are easier to pull off, and heavy armor for protection. You also get a heal to help you in tough situations.

Your Companions can be healers, Tanks or DPS and you will still do very well in Open World PVE content.

So either the Trooper or its mirror in the Empire: The Bounty Hunter for an easy beginner class.

renegadeimp
12.16.2011 , 03:53 PM | #3
Any of the force using melee classes.

With them it's pretty much spam a move to build up force power/rage then use a finisher to dump it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

TheYanger
12.16.2011 , 04:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Any of the force using melee classes.

With them it's pretty much spam a move to build up force power/rage then use a finisher to dump it.
This, not even just melee but any force user. The tiered regen of the non-force using classes is the antithesis of newbie friendly.

JakeLightbearer
12.16.2011 , 04:20 PM | #5
Not Shadow/Assassin tanks, though. I hear those are pretty complex to pull off.

I'm still leaning DPS Commando/Mercenary for beginners. You're a DPS with heavy armor and some heals. And if you go BH, you get a healer as your first companion. Yes, tiered regen is a bit complex, but it's no worse than the system Knights/Warriors use for focus/rage points. I suppose Sage/Sorcerer might work, but you'd have to be careful not to go rambo since you're a squishy.

Juumanistra
12.16.2011 , 04:23 PM | #6
Having rolled a Gunnery Commando during the beta, I'd question its idiotproof-ness given how useless Aric is as a companion.

I'd say Consular/Inquisitor works rather well for beginners. The rotation is fairly smooth out of the box and, more importantly, you get a tank as your first companion. Throw in the fact that you get the ability to heal your tanking companion as a privilege of taking the class even if you don't spec into Seer/Corruption, and you've got a winner that'll take you at least as far as the first world beyond Coruscant/Dormund Kaas.

I hesitate to call it idiotproof, though, because even smart folks are capable of getting ahead of their tanking companion in aggro generation by insisting on initiating pulls themselves.

Ayern
12.16.2011 , 04:54 PM | #7
Any class can be beginner friendly. Just follow the tutorials, read your skills and see what works best for how you want to play. This game has a learning curve, but it is not harsh at all.

RacePace
12.16.2011 , 05:02 PM | #8
Warrior classes are always the newbie class imo, albeit, hardest to master (tanking)

zeroburrito
12.16.2011 , 05:18 PM | #9
sniper/gunslinger.

Hanzohasashi
12.16.2011 , 05:23 PM | #10
I'd say the Maurrauder (or jedi variant cant think of name atm) is best for beginner because its simple and all it can do is damage and once you get a good idea of how to play the game and make some good friends who are willing to help you, you can re-roll what ever you want and get assistance.