Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help explain end game group content.

Jabborn
03.08.2012 , 01:28 PM | #1
I've dug through the threads and I hate when someone throws up an already done thread but I couldn't find one so here we go.

I've been trying to wrap my head around end game gear and raiding. So correct me if I'm wrong.

Tier 1: Hard Modes & Regular Eternity Vault
Tier 2: Hard Mode Eternity Vault & Regular Karagga
Tier 3: Hard Mode Karagga

That info is everywhere, what I'm wondering about is the group sizes and Nightmare mode. I've heard 8 man, 16 man, and nightmare mode & I have no clue which applies to which.

So if someone could explain Nightmare mode and give me group numbers to flashpoints and operations, that would be amazing.

Thank you very much,
~Kor'Lok

Hansuki
03.08.2012 , 02:28 PM | #2
Nightmare mode for EV/KP just makes all the bosses drop rakata gear along with the usual junk. There is really no advantage to 'gearing up' in nightmare since to beat it requires your group to be in full T3 or close to it. You do NiM KP for the Unyielding title (we got ours with a good 30mins to spare). You can easily do NiM EV up to Soa, but in his current buggy state, you'll need more luck than skill to beat him before the 3 hour timer. And all you get for that is the Infernal One title.

So yeah. That answer your question?

Edit: forgot the sizes part - 8 vs 16 man ops makeup is for smaller vs larger guilds - the loot table is exactly the same, but 16man is obviously harder since more coordination is required. They also share lockouts, so unless you have a big guild, you're almost always better off going for two 8mans instead of one 16man. All FPs are 4man only.

eightohfive
03.08.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
Easy: Hardmode Flashpoints, regular EV (8man) and regular Karagga's (8man)

Medium: HM EV and KP (8man), normal EV and KP (16man)

Hard: Nightmare EV and KP (8man) and HM EV and KP (16man)

Hardest: Nightmare EV and KP (16man)

This is how I rank the difficulty of the content based on my own personal experience. Note that 16man raids do not give you any better loot than you would get from the equivalent 8man, just more of it drops.

To sum it up: Normal, Hard, and Nightmare are the difficulties available, 8man and 16man are the two possible raid sizes. You can do any combo of those difficulties and those group sizes. Flashpoints can ONLY be done with 4 people, no other choice there.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

Jabborn
03.08.2012 , 06:10 PM | #4
You guys are awesome. Perfectly explained with a few fun extras. Thanks a bunch!

Shredzz
03.09.2012 , 01:49 AM | #5
Gearwise

Tionese(Rating 126)
  • HM FPS
  • Tionese Commendations

Columi(Rating 136)
  • Last bosses of HM FPS
  • Normal EV(8/16)
  • Normal KP(8/16)
  • Columi Commendations

Rakata(Rating 140)
  • Hardmode/Nightmare EV(8/16)
  • Hardmode/Nightmare KP(8/16)
  • Rakata ears/implants from PvE dailies

Nightmare is just for bragging rights no better gear reaped than hardmode, you get 100% chance of mounts off last bosses though on nightmare.

16man gives same loot as 8man but just double, its there for guilds who want to take everyone generally and according to BW is suppose to be easier.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd(EU)
Shredz 50 Powertech
<Take a Seat>

ckoneful
03.09.2012 , 02:05 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shredzz View Post
Gearwise

Tionese(Rating 126)
  • HM FPS
  • Tionese Commendations

Columi(Rating 136)
  • Last bosses of HM FPS
  • Normal EV(8/16)
  • Normal KP(8/16)
  • Columi Commendations

Rakata(Rating 140)
  • Hardmode/Nightmare EV(8/16)
  • Hardmode/Nightmare KP(8/16)
  • Rakata ears/implants from PvE dailies

Nightmare is just for bragging rights no better gear reaped than hardmode, you get 100% chance of mounts off last bosses though on nightmare.

16man gives same loot as 8man but just double, its there for guilds who want to take everyone generally and according to BW is suppose to be easier.
It's easier to compensate for getting all those people to do everything right, now that in itself can make the content harder.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed