Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage

xChroniCx
03.09.2012 , 07:00 AM | #11
I play carnage and do just fine. The possible burst from a gore>massacre>force scream with retalitation up is amazing. I've never played annihilation though, too lazy to learn new rotations, so I can't really say which is better. But, carnage is viable and I can only imagine how well I'll do if they buff it.
Mateo Matias

Hutts Don't Have Feet

Shurato
03.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #12
I've got a Carnage spec'd Mara at level 33 and just started using Jaesa Wilsaam as a companion. I think I need to adjust my tactics somewhat because I'm getting dinged up worse than I'm used to by groups.

xDreegan
03.09.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shurato View Post
I've got a Carnage spec'd Mara at level 33 and just started using Jaesa Wilsaam as a companion. I think I need to adjust my tactics somewhat because I'm getting dinged up worse than I'm used to by groups.
Just use Quinn. You'll save yourself a headache.

Arraegath
03.09.2012 , 02:54 PM | #14
As much as I love carnage, and leveled as Carnage, played majority of my time at 50 as Carnage, Annihilation is just a superior spec.

Better survivability, better damage, better utility.

Carnage is much better burst, but I primarily do PvE, so it makes life easier. I really wish they would add some more uniqueness to Carnage. Give it more burst, or some unique mechanic.

xDreegan
03.09.2012 , 03:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arraegath View Post
As much as I love carnage, and leveled as Carnage, played majority of my time at 50 as Carnage, Annihilation is just a superior spec.

Better survivability, better damage, better utility.

Carnage is much better burst, but I primarily do PvE, so it makes life easier. I really wish they would add some more uniqueness to Carnage. Give it more burst, or some unique mechanic.
Hopefully in patch 1.2 we'll see it fixed. Considering how much I love playing Marauder, it really sucks to get bottlenecked into one spec. Wouldn't be so bad if each spec was meant for either PvE or PvP but it bothers me how one is superior in both aspects.

Saying you do "just fine" with a spec is all well and good. But I prefer something a little more than that. Here's to hoping Carnage becomes the PvP tree its clearly meant to be!

infamousNate
03.09.2012 , 07:55 PM | #16
heres the thing with carnage...its gimped. its gimped not because of the skills, its gimped because of the skills OTHER classes have.

Carnage:
Gore+ massacre...setting up for a forcescream.....WOOPS! STUN/KB/ knocked off the ledge. there goes your 6sec window...

the thing with carnage is the window of oppertunity to do amazing damage is too low, and in PVP too manythings can happen that you miss this window. not to mention the insande ammount of CCS you go through.

the reason Anni is better is because of the CCs. as an anni, i can careless if i get CCed (granted i still do suffer dps loss) because my bleeds are dpsing away. numerous times ive played wzs only to be knocked back...just to watch my bleeds kill the poor ****er.

Vetril
03.09.2012 , 07:58 PM | #17
Bingo - annihilation works cause it's the tree that requires the less amount of time on target.

ouTJumped
03.09.2012 , 11:23 PM | #18
Carnage is fun, and it works, but you are still gimping yourself by using it. The other mara I raid with was carnage. and switched after he saw how fast I killed stuff. After he got used to it he is right there with me and the sniper leading the raid in dps.
Vurik- 50 Annihilation Marauder-
Lasmi- 40 Pyrotech Powertech-

Juyo Server

Spiderbubble
03.10.2012 , 06:00 AM | #19
As it stands, there is no reason to ever use Carnage over Annihilation. Annihilation has way more survivability, more utility, and does similar DPS without needing as much contact on the target.

Also, 6second interrupt cooldown RAWR.

ZakPreston
03.12.2012 , 07:11 AM | #20
Carnage has by far the BEST UTILITY in all warzones:
  • 2 additional 3-sec roots that bypass resolve can do miracles on HB: charge-throw-ravage is a 9-sec lock combo, especially when combined with mass-fear and choke.
  • Rooting target with saber throw also helps greatly versus different kinds of kiters and RDD, adding a throw + charge combo to arsenal (while kiting ppl yourself.
  • Ravage's root makes most opponents use knockback, stun or kick, so when used wisely you can make them to spend 1 cc when you need it.

But damage and survivability are overall lackluster, even while i try my best pulling 200-300k DMG on WZ solo, most anni marauders in the same circumstances can solo 2-3 enemies and get 450k+ DMG total.