Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

need to post a official sticky about this or a post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
need to post a official sticky about this or a post

hargrave
03.08.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1
The majority of people myself included up to the guild summit believe ilum and open world pvp is being thrown out the window permanently. Based on what i heard at the guild summit and seeing this http://www.theimperialnetwork.com/wp...12/03/ilum.jpg and people still thinking ilum/open world pvp is bieng phased out permanently you really need to make a sticky or at least make it known on here.

Im not sure if youve realized this or are not aware of this bieng peoples view? Either way gabe or someone needs to post and say what was said at the guild summit about ilum.

On a side note like i said i thought open world pvp/ilum was bieng phased out myself until the guild summit. Please let people know this isnt true in the pvp forum with a sticky or post thank you.

EternalFinality
03.08.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
Of course world PvP is being thrown out - nothing about the game was designed with world PvP in mind.

hargrave
03.08.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
well as you can see below thier trying to fix it i dont think much people know lol.

http://www.theimperialnetwork.com/wp...12/03/ilum.jpg

Cruxe
03.08.2012 , 12:53 PM | #4
It's being phased out for now, because it absolutely doesn't meet the requirements of entertaining PvP and people hate it. Their comment about them 'not blowing up Ilum with the Death Star' is enough to let you know that they plan to do something with it in the future. But for now, it's just a frustration most players would rather do without.
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

exphryl
03.08.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5
Oh ****. Is that internet explorer?
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

EternalFinality
03.08.2012 , 12:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hargrave View Post
well as you can see below thier trying to fix it i dont think much people know lol.

http://www.theimperialnetwork.com/wp...12/03/ilum.jpg
They aren't though. They can say they are but they've never been designing for open world PvP.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=336882

hargrave
03.08.2012 , 01:01 PM | #7
guess well see in 1.2 either way....

Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
They aren't though. They can say they are but they've never been designing for open world PvP.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=336882

Talizzar
03.08.2012 , 01:05 PM | #8
How many MMO's have you played? The devs would never say something that was not true right or withhold pertinent information from the patches notes or would they?

They said they would like to fix it. Did they say they were going to be given the resources to do so or a time line?

What in 1.2 is all the revolutionary to the game. Nothing but a few db tweaks, a new WZ which will be another mini game in a box and a new FP.

They scrapped Valor and are coming out with new armor pretties and a bunch of money sink legacy stuff which they indicated was going to be very costly, yet in one of their slides they showed that most of us had less that 500k of credits.

It is ok to get all hyped up about the summit but sit back and ask yourself what did they really say. Kudos for a great marketing job BW and the guild summit idea.

I heard we have a hacker problem and we can't fix it yet. We have chest gold farmers and we havent figured out how to fix it yet. We blew it with valor so we made it useless. We have an issue with pvp vs pve gear and what to do about it if there was ever open worlds pvp.

There will never be real Open world pvp in this game from what I heard. PVP only works great in instanced pvp grounds what do you do when the pvp is out in another world and you have pve geared people and pvp geared people? There should be one set of gear or no gear and the content should be based on the same figures. PVE content can be adjusted accordingly. Why should I have to have different gear? Did Luke ever change his gear, Darth Vader. We all play in the same world. Simplify the game gear. Let us colorize and make it ours. I could care less if PVE guy the same gear as me as a PVPEr. It think gear grinds are dumb, but if people want to grind for the same gear in pve great. Just don't expect you can pvp with those that do it all the time.

Gonewild
03.08.2012 , 01:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
Of course world PvP is being thrown out - nothing about the game was designed with world PvP in mind.
100% agree. As much as I would LOVE open world pvp, or at least a pvp world to RVR, I don't think its going to happen.

EternalFinality
03.08.2012 , 01:09 PM | #10
Quote:
How many MMO's have you played? The devs would never say something that was not true right or withhold pertinent information from the patches notes or would they?

They said they would like to fix it. Did they say they were going to be given the resources to do so or a time line?
Anyone who would assume so has a critical flaw - that they know what they're doing. That they have the COMPETENCE to fix it. They created a great single player game with good story integration and multiplayer elements but it's clear when it comes to the MMO components they are inexperienced and inept.

World PvP was built into the fabric of the game itself in other MMOs like WoW. It's not in TOR, so they slapped on a field in a level 50 zone and called it open world PvP. That's not open world PvP. It will never be.