Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will the FP finder actually shorten the time LFGing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Will the FP finder actually shorten the time LFGing?

Yaiser
03.08.2012 , 09:26 AM | #1
I am curious to see if the new FP finder will work exactly like the "other game's" Group finder. Can we go out and do dailies while waiting? will we que up with a role and whatnot?

It took me 1 and a half hours last night spamming general for a group for HM Black Talon last night. I just hope that the tool will make this a little better. I do like that this tool is going to be sever based.

Anyone elses thoughts on the FP finder?
Jen'Jidai, Jung Ma Server
Legend Gaming Website
Copperspot Corvidae

AichaHalcyon
03.08.2012 , 09:37 AM | #2
I could be wrong, but I think that it was described as a "group finder" rather than a "flashpoint finder". The difference may seem arbitrary, but it's not.

A flashpoint finder would be more similar to what we see in WoW. Little control over who you group with, being teleported to your flashpoint.

A group finder, on the other hand, would be able to do more. It would help players find groups for heroics as well as flashpoints. I believe the way it was talked about at the guild summit is that it helps to facilitate players finding each other. What I mean is that it won't automatically group you, but it will allow you to see who you are going to be grouped with, and have some control over who will be in it.

For example, if you are looking for a group to do a Heroic 2+, you could choose to do it with 2 people, or stay in the LFG tool and fill out your entire group.

Anyway, that's how I took that it's going to be implemented. I'm all for facilitating better grouping, as long as I'm not being teleported to FPs or being forced to group with certain players I'd rather not. My 2 cents.
Guild Leader, Omega Company
Social and Casual PVE Progression
www.omegacompany.xtreemhost.com

Bobinator
03.08.2012 , 09:37 AM | #3
Eh you'll still wait like 15 minutes or so like in WoW if you're a DPS.

Less if you're a healer or tank...

Instant if you're all in a group together or atleast have a healer and tank together.

BASICALLY! I think it will increase the time, on the server I play hell we got plenty of people..normally 100+ on the fleet at any given time in the day/night.
As of right now, i'm rash free.